HWS 9 Teaser II | OCD rework | New HWS Gameplay

the start tutorial in Hws already exists a few seasons and every day is easier and practically obligatory, and another, it can be seen in the guide and can be translated by google translator, so the truth and what people are in your most lazy and do not want to have work, it’s just that simple …

play in hws is not like playing on any server vanilla, in hws there is a learning curve, you have to learn to play and there is a tutorial for this just ask for a 30 min before you simply start the game …

Neither am I, but I’m also not the one constantly whingeing about mechanics that have existed for eons before you ever even got here.
I’m not the one causing all of this upheaval as a result of said whingeing.

Irrelevant discussion, you are an EVE online player, your version of “hard” is other’s impossible.
This is a community server, not a EVE online dumpster-fire.

Well it seems to be that it’s so overpowered that it makes features like OCD 7 and EB 5 “so easy” to get that it needs a nerf, not the other way around.

In fact, the only problem I see here is that NPCs are so broken they are causing the meta to shift to a narrow-focused gameplay of carrying cargo arround.

The silent majority, who actually donate, who support the server by continued cross-season game-play are the ones we are referring to. Not the one-season “flares” that last only 2-3 months.

In the end, you know full well what you are doing, as you’ve said multiple times here and on discord, your not looking to create a fair and justified server, you are looking to “light a fire” underneath the “veterans of the server”

@RexXxuS I implore you, don’t throw away the very things that make this server so accessible, don’t listen to one singular voice, look above the loudest voice and see all of these players who are thus far dissatisfied with what that minority have put forth.

We are a community first and foremost, making that harder in any fashion for someone to enter will only hurt us in the long run.

Sweeping changes like these are unhealthy, it cripples the stability of the server. If mechanics need to be changed, do it one at a time.

3 Likes

just to reminisce Rexx was already mentioning changes in the ocd since season six and that one hour she would arrive, so I do not understand all this shouting about gold being in 7 or 6, about having, maintaining or losing ocds overpower of 700 thousand items … A9 is coming, it will change the game and the gameplay and necessary adjustments and the main thing of all is a game still in development, so do not cling to things that will fatally change along the way … only if Conform to that and move on … Let rexx do his job …

in A9 you will not be able to fill your bags with gold in gg anymore, you will not be able to by 40kk gold bars in the backpack and go out walking, keep this in mind …

1 Like

Actually, you will be able to, those that already have the ability and the money saved up. These changes just puts more distance between the top and the bottom. But more importantly, it just makes it so people spend more money on the server. More farming, more carry over, blah blah blah. Just give me a damn subscription because im just here to build ships, survive and shoot others. Im absolutely sick of the farming and having to go through it all again. Garage ships and some of the mechanics are great, but this is all stupid.

1 Like

It should be noted that abrum13 has been here for a VERY long time. Well over 5k hours I’d say.

I dont know what you need after you have AM that give you resources for free.
I can speak for me, i played pvp intensively and my ocd is now full.
Autominer keep filling my ocd and giving me resources to create new ships (a ton of new ships).
Fa Supply give you more and more free resources every week.
I putted few autominers t3 too to collect pentaxid to produce laser ammo.
The only thing i buyed was plastic (70000*8) two times and was very cheap (because i hate to have a farm)
If you played tons of hours here you should have your ocd fat too.

1 Like

The biggest cost in pvp is only fuel and ammunition, making a 40kk ship of combat block is not so expensive c, iron and sathion are extremely abundant on the server and with fa: supply you get enough in just two weeks you would already have a few 6k combat block with no effort, in 24 hours if you do 10k of combat block with only a full Adv. Builder, then whats the point here, I do not even play as much as I would like, and I have easy over 200k of block of combat and almost the same amount of fuel and ammunition stocked that would easily keep me half of the season, all I need is to get the rest through craft or even purchase, whether in npc or in the market … I still do not see the real reason for this whimper all in other sessions did not have this whole facility and even so the people did even more pvp than today …The rexx spoil these players too

so, there seems to be this misconception that if you Nerf this, Change that, there will be more PvP.

but, If people don’t want to PvP, they are not going to.

There are more PvE players for a reason, its a more relaxed play style.
also, if you look at how expensive it is to have an effective fight with a passive income, then its very daunting. not to mention having an equivalent pvp ship isnt easy to design / or acquire.
People that have limited resources, and more importantly time, don’t want to lose all of their efforts and more importantly time, when some wolf like paxxo comes in and smashes their PvE or workshop show piece CV.
Yeah, you got a kill, wow!
But then that player is disenfranchised and often rage and leaves the server or the game for good.
seen it over and over, every season it happens.
because that player just lost something more valuable than credits, gold or ships, and that is their time.

most of my steam friends that have bought empyrion, tried to play pvp, get smashed and uninstall the game, not realizing the depth of planning it takes to have an effective combat. (in fact the amount of grinding it takes for a newbie has turned off a handful of my friends that cannot spend time fulfilling menial tasks, such as mining ore for 2 hours a day.)
making the server more of a grind is nuts.

1 Like

Sometimes, the game eats part of the Kraken too.

2 Likes

Seriously you want to fly in a ship pve or workshop in this server that in its origin was always pvp with a little pve … when I say that rexx made things much easier, this is fact and when you say that paxxo came in and destroyed you , in fact you were where you should not be unprepared, it is the same as leaving a quiet and safe flowery field and entering a dark and dangerous forest, you will fatally die, and well if you do not go to pvp, what your real reason to whether or not to claim gold in ocd 6 or 7, with the current volume of ocd 6 any pve player has more than enough space to play quiet several seasons, with the new EB this has become even easier, with comodites and now with npc terriotrios, I see no reason for any player to accumulate more than they will need to spend in a single season, and even in single palyers more and more AI has improved and if you are not careful, you can even lose your dream cv to one of them. …

a tip DO NOT FLY IN PVP SISTENS WITH STEAM WORKSHOP SHIP, YOU WILL DIE …

whoa buddy what are you attacking me for.

i didnt get shot by paxxo, that was an example.

and stop trying to dictate your play style to other people…

I am not dictating style of game, I am telling you a fact, if you fly steam bps in pvp you and anybody will die, bp steam must be modified and reinforced and even only some are availed if you want to be accumulating resources, only by aculmular without a real purpose in mind going forward, as I mentioned a pve player does not have significant expenditure with materials, they only accumulate in pve and build castles and palaces nothing more, and for that as I said ocd 6 is more than enough, it is not mine style of game, it’s a fact … Now if you have a compulsion to accumulate stuff without having a real reason or purpose for it, that’s really your style of play and many others, without logic, but your will do as you wish, but do not say that because of it you need gold in ocd 6, as it is not justified, in A9 there would have been other mechanics to supply this, just get used to it and move on …

Well, I’ll hold final judgement until I see the rest of what is planned, and I understand the need to revamp OCD… but as a gut feeling you may want to consider keeping the epic storage at lvl 6.

I and most of my faction mates are relatively casual and have been working for 3 seasons to get someone to OCD 6 after the epic storage got dropped back in A4. Now it turns out that we still won’t accomplish anything after all that unless we manage nearly 3 times what we did over 3 seasons. I don’t want to be one of the people who come off overly bitter or angry over a change, as I do appreciate all the team has done, but this really feels like the exact opposite of rewarding long time players.

1 Like

Slightly more in depth thoughts on where my major concern is:

Mostly the big issue is that LVL 6 is already a huge jump from 5 to accomplish, and there should be something like epic or gold storage for people to feel like there’s a reason for that grind.

Then the bigger issue is that without gold etc storage at 6, there’s no way a solo or small casual faction will ever acquire the resources required to get OCD 7 or higher.

Combined, that means that this change is a huge benefit to the larger factions, and completely screws the small or casual player. This is likely to drive off new players, and is thus really not good for long term server health.

Once again, I do not presume to know how or if this fits into a larger picture, but it really appears to have major balance concerns at a glance.

If it remains that it’s meant to be near impossible for most to get more than OCD 6, then this is a huuuuge slap in the face to any long term players who have been trying to get there, and especially those of us that paid for OCD 5 back when it was useful. On the flip side, if it’s expected to be easier to get to 7 and higher, then the first 6 levels are made redundant and nonsensical, and once again it’s a slap to those who have spent multiple seasons grinding on this stuff.

Much love to you and the team, and the work you all do, Rexx, but this is the first time I’ve felt adamantly against a new proposed change in the 6 seasons I’ve been here, and words cannot describe how against it I am unless there’s some really major additional change we don’t know about.

2 Likes

The only question i have is how the **** can i get 10000 RP for OCD 10 in one season?!?! and i don’t think about the countless RP i need to get to OCD 9

This seriously rewards those few groups that monopolize playfields while making it harder for anyone else to every have a chance of even competing or playing at their level, let alone vying for control or ousting them.

That’s going to drive away smaller and newer players, which is going to then bore those currently at the top.

2 Likes

Who says it has to be in one season?

We already know that RP earnings is going to be boosted and new. You can’t compare the current RP earning rate to the next season because you have nothing to compare to.
We also know that we can convert RP into HWS ingots now and use those to purchase things (like keep EB level through wipe.)
It only has to be an all out grind if that’s what YOU choose to do. Follow?

1 Like

it still seems to be an even more unnecessary grind

2 Likes

You’re missing the point, my friend.

Nobody is suggesting that PVP isn’t more involved, or that people should wander in with workshop ships. The issue is the exact opposite. If you want more people to be willing to play pvp, the solution isn’t to raise the barrier to entry, and give further advantage to those who are already leap years ahead in resources they can afford to lose.

1 Like

I definitely think that I would love to see more people in SV fights or even HV fights so if there is no easy way to keep gold over wipes you’ll never see smaller factions or solos participating in them or staying season after season.

1 Like