HWS 9.X season šŸ­ | Teaser 3 | HWS Features | Exploration & Adventure

wish that was enough broā€¦ like I said, this has huge ramifications in player planningā€¦ I sold a whole bunch of alien cores and gold ingotsā€¦ if you refund my EB9 upgrade, I will surpass the 200mā€¦ which leaves me very little time to save the extra money nowā€¦ whereas prior warning would have prompted me to change my behavior into stock piling these items for sale in next season instead of rushing now and ending up with such a big lossā€¦

1. In the first iteration I will go without Elite Builder League. Not many can survive a 500+ Ā°C hot surface in the first place or have the skill to use the F5 drone properly to build their base from scratch. If the Drones and Base Bomber Drone Attacks finally work this time, that should be a challenge already.

2. No Teleport Monolith for Triton for now. Itā€™s a late game challenge, reachable only with a CV.

3. Yes, Penthouses count towards the global base limit

4. Just common sense restrictions: First once placed you canā€™t change your base name anymore or the Stargates wonā€™t work. Second you canā€™t reposition your Stargates once placed. Third ships will be a very special way. The idea is to just hand out a Core with a Stargate on top and you build your ships as you wish around the Stargate. And if you are ready the Stargate on ships only work in ONE way => towards the base. Technically Empyrion does not allow you to teleport from a Base / Ship to another Ship. They canā€™t recognize moving objects.

5. I will think about the EB suggestion, thanks.

1 Like

Remove the 2% to 1% interest diminish from EB9 -> EB10 & maybe increase the price of EB10 to balance it.

The only real problem here is the 1% interest ā€”> 500m is needed for max interest / 400m to be equal with EB9 interest. If left like this, EB9 is superior to EB10 which doesnā€™t really make sense.

250m is at least somehow possible with active playing (RP to Credit conversion) & ā€œKeep 100mā€ donation.

1 Like

Thanks again!
As I said, there are bit more factors than just interest or farming 500m.
But I see your point. Iā€™m in a big hurry because the Universe is still not ready so I have to juggle here.

Hey guys,

I forgot to announce an important content addition instead of ā€œSurpriseā€ :slight_smile:

Asteroid POIs

1 Like

I understand completely. Finishing the universe (in time) is of course priority.

But even with all the other factors interest is the main benefit of EB & with this the EB10 upgrade hurts interest every season start way too much to be worth the extra benefits it grants.

While OCD is viable for long-term storing of wealth in form of gold, itā€™s practically impossible to make profit with EB 10 compared to EB 9 even if one would be able to purchase 1.2m gold at reasonable price.

Adding more buffer to the ship design is indeed the way to go.
But perhaps one can consider longer warnings for ā€œminor exceedancesā€ of the limits?

1 Like

I think @RexXxuS is on point with the size limits. If you are intentionally building a ship at the edge of the limits you should already know that you will be losing blocks and in the process will increase the class size due to more ā€œfacesā€ being exposed. You need a buffer to counteract the class limitations. Increasing the time limit for overclass vessels does nothing to deter those that use them. Sure, they can make for good fodder, but there is a class limit there for a reason. So many people complained about class 7 SVs in the day that they could tank all day, mine included. And they could. The last few seasons this was an issue, and I lost interest in it. I may be rejoining the ranks with the new season, and one thing that I find personally annoying is using overclass vessels on a class restricted planet. If it is overclass, and you knew this beforehand then itā€™s a logical assumption that you donā€™t care. My opinion is that if itā€™s overclass you get flung with your ship to another galaxy with you on one side and a single supergate on the other at least 150KM out.

But thatā€™s just me.

1 Like

Yes, one should know but there are people who donā€™t know. 2 Minutes warning is not much time to fix an unintentional small mistake or unfavourable circumstances. Therefore, in response to Politarys post, @RexXxuS could just increase the warning time in a 0.15 (or something) buffer if this is possible.

Two minutes is more than enough time to get off planet. Even if your being chased, it doesnā€™t take that long.

Building a ship to 1.49 size and not expecting it to move in class size is asking for trouble. To be honest I think that the class sizes should be limited right at 1.0 so there is no gray area between 1ā€™.0 and 1.49

Class 1 should be just that: CL 1.0 and less.

Thatā€™s waayy too small.

In 2 minutes you might get of the planet with an sv (and the fight is immediately over because you sliped a bit over the limit because of some unfortunate hits on your 1.4 ship) and then you have another 2 minutes to get to the next gate (if there is also class 1 limit in the orbit) or you lose it. You also need to consider to get an hv out of the fighting zone in 2 minutes.

ā€œClass 1ā€ in the Map info means obviously class 1 displayed by empyrion. As 1.49 is rounded down to 1, this is simple mathematics and easy to understand. If 1.0 was intended, it would be written in the map info. But as Dr_Dark already wrote, that would be really small. Would one have any chance against a base?

Hi HWS Community,

donā€™t know yet if I put it in a separate announcement, so let reveal the ā€œBe surpriseā€ content I put at the end of the first post

Global Scan Rebalancement

• it cost 10 RP to activate
  • it cost 15 RP per day

A more detailed rework might come with HWS 10

Bounty System Change

• We removed the coordinate reveal if someone has put a 50+ million credit bounty on your head. With 10+ million credits we only show the playfield he is in now.

A more detailed rework might come with HWS 10

Lottery 2.0

Thanks to Jascha itā€™s ready for tomorrow!

• The possible Lottery Jackpot Number goes up to 9999 now

• You pay per ticket 1000 credits and then the same price on top per additional ticket (1st = 1000, 2nd = 2000, 3rd = 3000ā€¦)

• 1 ticket cost also 1RP now and +1 per additional ticket. (1st = 1, 2nd = 2, 3rd = 3 etc.)

• Credits and RP can be won at the end now

Sorry I am a new to this game.

Can I Empyrion with you?

1 Like

Can we still only buy 21 tickets? Because with 10000 numbers, we might get like 2 winners in a whole season, and they get at least 100mil each, by that time.

Yea, Im installing the game again right now. Way too much coming for me to sit this one out. Awesome work as always Rex :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome back Achilles.

1 Like

Its absolutely horrific. Bank level 9 you need 200m JUST to get max credits. Whats even worse is there was no warning. Now its the great credit shuffle.

Yeah. Right now EB 10 makes no sense. EB 9 is better at the moment.