HWS Artificial Help Bot (discussion)

Some of these already existed, but I fine tuned them a bit so they fit your questions better. I also added one of your questions as new one.

But I am not adding all of those questions for now. I have an idea on how to rework the code of the website a bit so it’ll make it faster and will make it easier to have multiple similar, but different responses. Don’t know if it’ll work yet, but I’ll try.

1 Like

doing a stellar job ace. keep it rolling :slight_smile:

1 Like

To anyone who reads here, please do me a favor a think a bit about the following.

What is important to analyze a sentense?
So far I have:

• Who is the target? (Ex. I, you, me, they, im, me…)
  • What is the topic? (Ex. Ships, Being stuck, Finding something…)
  • What type of sentense is it? (Is it a question, or is it a statement like saying “Hello”)

Is there anything similar to those 3 things you can think of? I don’t need the answers to the category, I just need new categories of things which is important to a sentense.

1 Like
  • Timestamp
  • Category (help/banned words/bot commands/etc)
  • language
2 Likes

Can you tell me what you mean by this?
Let’s say I ask you “How is the weather?”
Why does it matter when that is it?

That is what I consider Topic :slight_smile: But I’m glad you agree that is important for a sentense.

At the moment there is only english, it’s not advanced enough to have different languages, but I have considered making that eventually. And when I do then that’s actually a good idea to have a category.

Thanks a lot for the help by the way! :slight_smile:

Timestamp / When is a meta information. Usually when analyzing sentences meta information is useful not necessarily for the analysis itself but for how you use it.

When I added language I took it for granted that you were doing it in English. I mean it’s important to recognize non-English languages. If you’re doing programming it’s important to think ahead in terms of the flow of logic.

1 Like

@Dr.Dark what are some of the common questions u see stumping it?

I’m not exactly sure what stumping means, but I have no idea which questions are common on the bot. I don’t store any information from it. But you can see the entire source-code here and all the questions and how it analyses questions right here:
https://empyrion-homeworld.net/hwp/responses.js

I just realized that when is also grammatically important in terms of understanding the sentence. Ongoing issues vs past issues for instance.

2 Likes

was on the wrong brain track with your questioning. :tongue:

was thinking u were tying to reduced the “your question does not compute” replies :wink:

1 Like

Ahh, no, and yes.
I’m trying to make the bot faster, and categories questions better so in the future it’ll probably be easier to distinguise betweens similar questions so I can add more questions, and it’ll be faster if I do it this way, so I can add more questions without it becoming too slow.

1 Like

I just made a quite large update regarding how the current response system works.
Now it should be much easier for me in the future to make new responses.
There may be some minor issues with it, though I already fixed everything I found.

Once @RexXxuS pushes the update, please let me know if you find any mistakes.

Edit:
Forgot to mention, thanks @Fable for some tips which helped me make the website faster.

3 Likes

I’m just glad to help, @Dr.Dark! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m working on the responses you recommended above @Bob. Any chance you can answer this one below, because I can’t :grimacing:

this was one of my questions. still looking for that answer :wink:
im sure rex would be able to provide insight once the new universe is created.

1 Like

btw this chat bot has been super helpful to redirect common questions. great job!

2 Likes

I updated it a bit again, now you might/should hopefully feel a tiny bit of randomness to each reponse it gives you. I’ve also added some more responses to it.

In the future when I get ideas, I’ll add some more randomness to the answers.

You’ll be able to see this once @RexXxuS pushes my update at some point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh wow. looks pretty sharp :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated it again. ( @RexXxuS please push the update when you get time :slight_smile: )
I changed the background, and then I reworked hyperlinks so some text is now automatically converted into hyperlinks. So expect to see more orange links.

By the way, I need more ideas for responses :slight_smile: Please post everything you can think of.

2 Likes

Hmm…

(W.I.P. Ps. It’s a chrome extension, not a new HWS Connect feature.)

1 Like