HWS Artificial Help Bot (discussion)

Since admins/police can’t be online 24/7, I had an idea of how to help people when we aren’t online.
I’ve made a small “AI” kind of bot that will answer most of your questions, or guide you on how to solve them.
There are still questions of which it can’t answer, and if you find any of those, please send them to me @Dr.Dark so I can add them to the bots vocabulary.
The HWPA can help you with more than 90 different questions.

While you use it, please look out for the things below. If you notify me about them, I will fix them and improve the bot for future people needing it.

• Questions it can’t answer.
  • Questions where it answers something differently than what you asked.
  • Typos.
  • Other things you notice.

I appreciate any feedback you can give me on this thing but remember. It’s not completely finished, and probably never will be as I can’t answer every possible question you could have about empyrion/HWS without taking many years.

https://ahb.hws.global/

You can also check the guide page here:

At some point, the information the bot has will probably be outdated, but I’ll attempt to keep it up to date. Please let me know if you find any outdated information.

7 Likes

great job! will take some time to fine tune but should make an excellent tool. is there a mobile browser version in future plans?

1 Like

To some degree yes. I’ll make the website phone compatible sometime, I just think it’s better to get the tool working properly before I move on to mobiles.

1 Like

Look good, for now the mobile Version is, well, glitching :wink:

1 Like

I havn’t had phone in mind while creating this, so yeah, it’s screwed :slight_smile:
But I am gonna add compatilbility for mobiles soon enough. Might do it tomorrow.

1 Like

No haste, first your fine tuning of the HWPAA (Homeworld Police Android Assistant). You should call the Bot “Andrea” so Gareth gets all the Time reminded of his wife :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I changed something, so now the website can send images with messages.
If anyone has any ideas what I can do with this feel free to come with suggestions :slight_smile:

@Bob :wink:

2 Likes

I had time now, and it’s somewhat mobile compatible now.

2 Likes

Well, maybe a “Show me how to (entersomethinghere)” with explanations or “Where is the ECC?” / “Where is the OCD Zone in ECC?”. But mostly…

i-want-pictures-pictures-of-spider-man-19280374

2 Likes

I’ll probably do this, but first I’m gonna need some suggestions :slight_smile: What should I explain how to do??

This and similar I’ll do soon.

I can load u up with screen shots as well :wink:

2 Likes

I already added a couple screenshots including the one you posted above :slight_smile:
If you find any questions which might need a screenshot but doesn’t have one feel free to post it here, and I’ll update it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Answer: increase the 3 switches in Statistics or so

2 Likes

will be announced and here HWS Resets, Wipes & Settings

2 Likes

I actually answered both already, but just didn’t have the right words which you used :slight_smile:
Thanks, I’ll add your words soon.

Edit:
Both are added now! Thanks again.

2 Likes

Where is the egs:spawn zone?
What is egs:stealth and where can I use it?
What are land claim and OLP properties here?

more to come…

1 Like

Added both (But havn’t updated it yet.), but what do you mean by:

I’m not sure how to answer this :stuck_out_tongue:
But thanks a lot for the help Bob! :slight_smile:

Mainly how they differ on our server from vanilla. OLP timer and what the requirements are for it to activate. Landclaim distance and which sectors ignore this.

If possible we can add more advanced answers like weapon damage, block HP, and such.

1 Like

Alright. I’ll see if I can find the answers to these, and then add them.

Edit:
Added now.

On my end (almost) everything is possible.
The only question is what kind of questions I get suggested to add.

Edit 2:

Actually, I don’t think this is a good idea. Sure it’d be nice if it could answer that, BUT it would mean with every EWS update, I’d have to update the bot or it’d get outdated.
I prefer my answers being somewhat update neutral when possible.

1 Like

Forgot about this. Perhaps this may spark a dynamic section on the guide that reads the config file and displays the request settings. The file itself is public, just hard to search for certain info. That would be a topic for another post though. We could link to it from your new tool if it ever came to be .

1 Like