• Fixed Combat Testing Facility Mission had no Token in the wood box

• fixed Alien Asylum container index not showing token
  • fixed rip game event issues

• fixed Battle Royale Container <> Constructor links
• added new Battle Royale building
• added more loot to some Battle Royale buildings
• added more public Hovers
• rebalanced / fixed some hand weapons / damage
• fixed event playfields wasn’t set to event playfield (e.g. had structure limits active)

HWS+ Beta Changelog:
• Added Elemental Resource Converter (ECR) at Teams. Convert your Iron Ingot to Aqua/Terra/Pyro/Lux/Nox Crystals. Every season the resource will change. This season it’s Iron Ingots, next season… random.
You can find the ECR at the T.E.A.M. tower
• First Star Fragment is revealed from the start now
• HWS Racom in most sectors with its special trader
• Elemental Ammo can now be bought in mass. And also found more in loot.
• Dealer preparation at T.E.A.M.
• Many new HWS Garage Ships
• Rebalanced Hand weapons
• The EWS Game via PDA and in EGS HQ is giving you always an elemental reward now. Easiest way to get elements, while learning EWS at the same time.
• Changed “Attack Strength” difficulty globally from Hard to Medium. It might implies config changes but only that way we can properly work on a competitive config. More details on request.
• Mobile HWS Zones coming
• Begin of working on a big Origin HQ POI for the Origin HQ planets. Similar like EGS HQ, it will contain many new Stargate Missions, Quests and features.
• More Quests
• Homeworld and Golden Globe have a Planetary Capture Panel POI installed. You can conquer the whole planet via Dialogue now and get big benefits by doing that. But watch out, since we added PvP even in Dialogues.
• Rare resources in PvP in inner systems
• Improved Commodity Trading
• More Events
• Many polishes, fixes, balancing

:information_source: Overall the HWS+ Beta is still missing a lot. Especially the outer random generated playfields will be completely replaced next. Config wise this season will also see some bigger changes like the whole shield topic.
I’ll play HWS+ Beta myself and work on improving the whole time <> reward factor.

• Drastically reduced Elemental resource costs. Thus Ammo is much cheaper. Still work in progress though.

Hey HWS+!
As you know I took a burn out break the last 2+ weeks. Was great. I’m back now and start to get back in my workflow to finalize HWS+!

Changes:
:warning: • fixed the Patron ADL co:info setting. It actually never worked to turn it off. It was always on and gave you auto daily loot. Some players might don’t want that for specific reasons though. Will check if the fix tomorrow worked. Please make sure to check your co:info setting about ADL (Automatic Daily Loot delivery).

1 Like

Start of the Halloween Event on HWS+

Changelog:

• Rework of Origin XP cost for selling structures.

Origin XP cost is now structure Class Size + Credit Price divided by 1 000 000.

Example
Before:
Player has Bank Level 10. Ship is class size 10. Credit player get: 9 000 000. Origin XP cost: 20 (Bank Level + Ship Class Size)
Player has Bank Level 10. Ship is class size 10. Credit player get: 1 000 000 000. Origin XP cost: 20

Now:
Player has Bank Level 10. Ship is class size 10. Credit player get: 9 000 000. Origin XP cost: 19 (Ship Class Size + 9 000 000 / 1 000 000)
Player has Bank Level 10. Ship is class size 10. Credit player get: 1 000 000 000. Origin XP cost: 1 010

There were still players that found creative ways to sell structures for 1 billion credits and a fraction of Origin XP. Making it with EGS Recycle a credit print machine.
Selling “expensive” structures is a more meaningful decision now.

I hope you had a nice spooky Halloween!

Changelog
Rework:
It’s not only 1 per player globally anymore but globally X per player now. If 1 player has 100 Pumpkin shells he can deliver it all one by one. (have to add better input interface for next year)
That way you can complete the Pepper and get all rewards from it.

Changelog for next server restart
• Added Pumpkin Shell to Origin XP conversion (10:1)
• Fixed Pumpkin House hatch can be entered with via crouch. The POIs were made before crouch exist. So I had to stop this sneaky exploit.

Changelog
• finally fixed HWS Ingots support packages were not possible to buy during sale/Patrons.

Working recent days on bigger mid season patch that includes for example massive and actually first proper balancing of T.E.A.M.! Including fixes and convenience features like convert Level 3 and Level 2 Certificates to lower level.
As well as integrating Dealer properly and again, making sense of TEAM in the first place. Looking at you Buds contract :person_facepalming:
More to be announced.

Changelog - Part 1 (TEAM rework took me longer than expected. Other commit is coming tomorrow)

• Changed Pentaxid Volume from 1 to 0.1
• Properly rebalanced everything in T.E.A.M.
Prices before were random at best or simply outdated. For quite some time though and I understood feedback from many player better now, touching the whole thing one by one. If you take over a big work from another person, it’s always inconvenient to dive into it and figure out what the thought process was for him. I have an Excel sheet for everything TEAM related now, so I can update it better in the future.
The main motivation doing TEAM is not only to get rid of some unwanted stuff for credits or converting it to something better but overall unlocking more content along the way. Every category in TEAM is valid now in terms of market value. There is no cheese anymore. Some stuff is just more easy to get than others. For some hardcore Agriculture contracts there will be some side quests though to help with that. Classic RPG style of - help me, I’ll help you.

• All categories are equal worth now.
• Reward for reaching the CEO increased from 40m to 100m.
• Added Conversion from higher certificates to lower
• Added NPC Faction Representative to TEAM. Improve some of your NPC faction standing with credits
• Cleaned up inconsistencies in TEAM Dialogues
• Refactored TEAM Dialogues
• Reduced rarity of Epic Weapons
• Changed StackSize of Food from 100 (+40 per level) to 400 (+320 per level)
• Fixed wrong prices on some commodity items
• Added better info about the PvP Radar Block
• Reduced health of many NPCs
• Increased Mission Token Loot distribution

Forgot to mention <@&926930576848584736> <@&926930650802556958>
• 15% Discount on HWS+ is active. Inclusive the special permanent packages: https://support.hws.global
• OCD can be used globally until the end of the season and is free
• EGS Recycle can be used globally until the end of the season

Some asked me about the recent commits, I did not add much explanation to them.
In general keep in mind:

I’ll put important information to the github commit messages you will find at the top.
Of course everything is also transparent and you can track changes there too.

But thoughts of changes and some more details will be still posted here.

So for today changes:

1 new property got added: Shield Hit cooldown: before you had a 5 second hardcoded cooldown. In 1vs1 SV dogfights that was sometimes very bad, combined with rubber banding. So the shield recharged again and it was an infinity fight.
This got changed for SV to 10 seconds for example.

Overall, in case some don’t know it, here is maybe a helpful shield summary info:

If shield is shot to 0%, there is a 10 second hardcoded cooldown you can’t change.
After that 10 second the ShieldCooldown property kicks in. This property also kicks in, if the Shield was turned off in the Control Panel or pressing X and then on again.
ShieldHitCooldown kicks in if shield is being hit and when it should start recharging again.

1 new property got added: Repair per Second:
Remember repairing a big ship takes many hours sometimes and then the game bugs during playfield load/unload and all resources are gone but ship is still not repaired, I changed it now to 90% faster times. This should take even big large ships only minutes now.

• Regarding the whole HWS+ Config again:
My friend and I working non stop on the config now and he is testing everything as good as he can. Still, we rely on your feedback.
For HWS+ the big changes are

• Blocks give Shield Capacity Bonus! That makes interesting build designs and tackle big issues about paper ships vs actual combat ships. Big large CVs have now a good trade off between mass and getting shield with all these blocks.

• Headshots are much better rewarded now. Doing 200-400% damage for some weapons.

• EWS got better balanced between Vanilla and Elements - still wip though.
    It is the biggest challenge but overall you have to keep in mind the decision / gameplay here.
    Vanilla = T1
    Elements = T2
    Strangelet / Chaos = T3

Especially the decision to make fights very decisive now. Similar like in The Expanse. Once your shield is gone, blocks are quite fast shot down. Especially the new Penetration weapon makes good holes in your ship - great for sniping decoy / cockpits.
We are excited to get PvP footage for it and find the sweetspot of armor vs shield vs fun fights.

• Energy got reworked and has a much bigger meaning now. It kinda motivates ship types. If you put too much turrets on your ship, the energy is drained very fast for example.

• And in case of Alien Cores, there is a similar meaning to CPU, where you have to decide what role of a ship you want to have.
    Again, all work in progress, with your help and goal to finalize in March 2023 :v:

Server restart changelog (… 4 hours ago)

• merged vanilla content in. (new model for Pistol T2, Laser Carabine, etc.). Still needs rebalancement to fit into HWS+ and OCD category.

• feedback implemented from <#1057873656572821524>

• HV/SV/CV faster turret rotation speed
  • BA slower turret rotation speed
  • improved thrust of thrusters by 10%. SV 1x3x1 balance to match to other 1x3x1 SV thrusters
  • RCS force +30%. This is up for feedback! Keep it or not?
  • fix for T1 CV/HV/SV Elements had no homing projectiles

Server restart changelog

• your feedback got implemented:

• Elemental weapons have now a hard max limit. The idea is to see a wider variety and more decision making what elements you place. That way there is room for counter.
  • slight CPU increase for elemental weapons.

Currently investigating why turrets (SV T2) stop working after a playfield change.

:information_source: Note: the github repository is burning me out without people really using it. If you want detailed information about a change you can always ask me.
So make sure to keep your Workshop Creative Scenario up to date. I try to post changelogs on both locations.

Server restart changelog

• fixed beam turrets not shooting. Somehow, the little half-bubble turrets are bugged. Replaced them with the 3x1x3 version. Might need a new turret placement on your ship now…

Server restart changelog - in 1,5 hours

after 1+ hours try and error on my local server I hope I found it this time.
Class: Ranged turrets + CheckObstructed property seems bugged.
Please retest the SV T2 turrets.

Server restart changelog - in 2 hours

• Revert T2 turrets back to potatoes, since we hopefully fixed the root issue.

Server restart changelog - in 1,2 hours

• Increased HP of many blocks (some had HP missing)
• Rebalance damage a bit (some increased, some decreased)
• Rebalance ROF a bit

1 Like