HWS Community Content Contest (CCC) III | Space Stations | Big Prizes

@RexXxuS as the roules are verry clear on this i have one singel question. Is it allowed to use a component of a workshop bp. I am talking of a empty ring one user postet in the workshop for free use. It is only a empty ring, since round structures are a pain in the ass to build it would be nice to be able to use.

If he claims it as free to use and is only a “tool” to be used, it’s ok.

I am so excited for this! I’ve been needing a reason to make something big! I have always been kind of a minimalist when it comes to Empyrion ship/base design. Started building with no actual design in mind on the 1st, and now I’m at a size class 13 (12.51) so far, but I feel like I’m like 90%ish done. Well maybe more like 80% if you count painting the parking lots lol! But how is everyone else’s building going!? I’m super excited to see all the new designs hit the workshop!

PS how does one actually submit the blueprint? Especially if we must have teleporters, blue admin core and trading posts? I also like the idea of utilizing the “Person Cargo Boxes” which are forbidden in blueprints…

There is a guide, but the gist is you name it HWS (whatever you want) then go into the game files and directly submit it via copy and paste in discord in a direct message.

I am playing in creative and looking for the alien turrets… anyone know where they got moved to or changed? Also does anyone know how to program the spawners to spawn certain types of aliens?

Thanks, my dude! Appreciate it, but Alien Turrets are part of the Alien Block right click menu!

I’m thinking RexXxuS will setup that part. For the time being in my build I’m just setting up place holder parts with a LCD describing the interation with that npc or spawner if it fits the need.

Press p at the spawn platforms. From there you choose Enemy, and spawn detector. Can also make it work with signal/own sensor

Use “alien blocks” its red and looks like a core. All your spawners are there and alien admin cores.

Guys, a few noob questions as I’ve never built anything with admin core…

1/ How to place a door that player will be able to open? Should I place a door and set it as public - code 0000?

2/ How to place a door that player won’t be able to open? For example a door for decoration purpose only. Should I place a door and nothing more?

3/ If I am right I should be able to build a one-way door with 2/ door - you can open it with a switch from one side and after you go through a sensor will close it. Am I right?

1/ 0000 is probably the best way. Not 100% sure if it transfer with BP though. I have not tested in a long time

2/ A door without a code can only be opened by the owner of the structure so yeah just a door should work. No code needed.

3/ You can set a sensor to only see if a person is in a certain area. You’ll have to play around with logic circuits. If I get time I’ll play around with it too and maybe link a BP. Unless someone beats me to it.

Good Luck!

This is what I would recommend. DO NOT MAKE A CIRCUIT. The walk through’s online only lead me in the wrong direction. Basically make a sensor, name it Door 1, then look at the door you want it to work and program it via the P menu and the sensor tab in the P menu and set it up. It sounds complicated but once you figure out what tab you need to use it gets easy.

Make ALL the circuits! Muwahahaha!

If you know circuit logic it can be great until it breaks. If you do use a circuit in your bp include some sort of diagram that would be easy to follow if the circuit breaks.

This will be my first space station in this game. But i have some drawings for a station from my starmade days that should make for an awesome POI. Time to get to work!

Now there was a lag fest! :wink:

I have to work on fine details of my trading station , but damn its gonna be impressive! I am almost done with the structure, its more the textures and details part. I want new players to feel in awe when they first go inside to look around. I am really thinking ECC space because of the amount traffic, my station will be able to support quite alot of SV’s and of course some space for CV’s on top and underneath the station.

Have yet to start the POI yet, but I have an idea for theme/story

1 Like

As for rewards; If I am lucky enough, I would like to get OCD 7 or the perma 100 million gold each season.

Hrmm. Didn’t see that one.

How big of a boss room are you looking for? How big is this boss? @RexXxuS