We migrated from Teamspeak to our own Discord Server.
This move provided us with a number of advantages and new abilities:
- nearly 24/7 support with quicker response time
- a fast and easy way to get in touch with us or the community (real time or asynchronously)
- instant notification when a new forum post or announcement is made
- read ingame chat in real time - even when you are not logged in to HWS
- become a Patron and write from Discord to ingame players
Keep in mind that you can have temporary channels for your faction, just request it. But setting up a permanent channel with game integration cost us time and fills up space in the HWS Discord server. Our goal is to only have active faction channels there and not hundreds of empty ones as we saw on other Discord servers.
HWS Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Z26KfRs
Note: After each full wipe we have to re-integrate the Discord <> Ingame Faction chat. Please let us know if your faction continues to use that faction chat feature.
Some guidelines and info:
- The Discord <> Ingame Chat integration is now available for HWS Elite & HWS Meta Patrons.
- If you are ingame, you have to use the ingame chat! I see too often players ingame and using Discord to make their chat “special” over others -> abuse.
- Quick notes, quick help is fine. I consider HWS Elite and HWS Meta as loyal and “old” HWS players. Similar to the HWS Helper role.
The chat feature should not be abused for general chat, because
- The API we have currently does not allow to split the incoming and outgoing chat into global chat and faction chat. @Jascha only have one way he can broadcast the chat and that is in global AND faction chat. A very bad limitation we have to live with it for now.
- That way some player don’t get irritated by “Server:” messages and think someone impersonates us.