We migrated from Teamspeak to our own Discord Server.
This move provided us with a number of advantages and new abilities:
- nearly 24/7 support with quicker response time
- a fast and easy way to get in touch with us or the community (real time or asynchronously)
- instant notification when a new forum post or announcement is made
- read ingame chat in real time or write to the community - even when you are not logged in to HWS
- a permanent Discord Channel Supporter can link their own faction chat to the Discord integration
Keep in mind that you can still have temporary channels for your faction for free, just request it. But setting up a permanent channel with game integration cost us time and fills up space in the HWS Discord server. Our goal is to only have active faction channels there and not hundreds of empty ones as we saw on other Discord servers.