HWS Half Time of season 8.X | Votes | New help command | Roadmap

I’ll get to the point of your contradiction. You say you want to wipe OCD’s and put as one of your reasons that when you were in a pure pvp server that had no OĈD you had pvp all the time, yet, you left that server for hws which is not a pure pvp server and has OCD, but the pure pvp server you mention that has no ÕCD is either dead or barely active. So you see what i mean? xD Do you understand the contradiction in your argument? :smiley:

Beware every post you look more and more stupid.
Every anwers to your questions are here

a screenshot of server now so maybe images help your slow processing unit

The screen proved my point, thanks for that. You see how that server is either dead or barely active? And the max it can top is 35. You would think that from all the boasting you have done for this great pure pvp server that it would have grown by now bigger then hws but it hasn’t.

1 Like

Yes you definetly need help.

oh sorry i misunderstood something i agree with you … PVE to PVE and PVP to PVP.

1 Like

Empyrion, being a diverse game, attracts a diverse population. You are looking for something entirely different from PvP than I am. I enjoy going against the big fish, not equals. You enjoy looting enemies, I prefer the idea of taking on an empire. You hate warp outs, I love that small guys can run in and out of places they should probably not be in. I have never built a CV over class 3, as that becomes just tedious time waster to me. I am not into fighting to the death, though my son loves duels. I prefer strategic battles and hit and run tactics against a superior force.

When I want a balanced FPS Empyrion would never enter my mind as an option. Battlefield 2142, Ghost Recon Free to PLay (before Phantoms ruined it), Battlefield Play for Free, etc were my go to games for that.

You will never get optimized PvP when you build your own stuff, just not possible with all the variables. I actually enjoy PvE in Empyrion, but as a PvPer I need more challenge to keep me interested. I believe Eleon has already optimized this game very well for PvP, it just requires server restrictions. I have ideas for a truly fun PvP playfield but it would have to be controlled so much that only PvP could happen there. I am working on a proposal for RexXxuS to consider in the future…

Wait, there are OCDs with 700k slots? Wow! They should be reduced and/or at least taxed on a seasonal base (maybe with real money?).

130 slots max but old OCD slots holded 700k of materials. So old players like me still have some of those, i started to spend it if possible, but its not going that well, im hoarder too. But there are ppl who has more and not touching it. So I think it should be “updated”
OCD is nice, game is still buggy etc, its also convinient etc, I just think it could be smaller, but wipe alone wont change much. Other changes and fixes would be necessary. And ppl should know about such change in huge advance so they can adapt and theres no feeling like we worked for that and now its gone.
I lost a lot of work in OCD wipes, zas, ere, mag (all done with hand drill), epics…might be all I dont remeber, its very rare following Eleon changes, I got it all back quickly so no real difference, but I know that feeling of wipe.
When theres serious talk about OCD wipe its most about making it smaller so ppl has to go a bit more out and mine as they dont have so huge storage. Everyone would put that all in PvE base so theres no difference, only difference would be for few days/weeks at start of season. And that might be nice.
Whole problem here is about geting to ECC, taking out of OCD and hurray, lets spawn all the stuff we wish. It takes away that part of getting strong again and war for resources you need to do that.

But as I said this disscussion was here many times, and theres no need to be affraid of OCD wipe…its not going to happen any time soon. Might be nice at least when Empy goes to beta or something. To start over.

Thanks for your feedback so far guys.

OCD … IS a very sensitive but IMPORTANT topic. It’s not a tabu topic.
And there WILL be OCD changes very soon. Some will like, some not.
It’s our responsibility to align OUR features with the game. Make it fair, balanced and interesting for everyone.
More to be announced.

Hey @everyone,
sorry for my bad mood recently. The tons of bugs and issues in the game demotivate me and I can’t make progress with cool stuff I wanted to do…
I try to fix one bug myself and find 2 new ones. On top of exploits etc.
It’s an irony because this season is the most successful for now… maybe that is why…

Anyways I just wanted to let you know that during the last days I found a lot of reasons why we have so many problems and more. Can’t explain all of them (too long) but maybe a new reason you can spread the word:

• do NOT change the terrain.ecf too much!

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/uploads/default/original/2X/8/8ae8104570da0591d19b707462d76301daa4a15b.jpeg

Maybe you analyzed the Atlantis Planet for example carefully by now!? You see the fancy textures I placed? You saw the story behind the planet? A lot of water, combined with islands which emits 250 °C (lava textures) here and there?

I failed to realize that these textures, once loaded, consume MASSIVE CPU power on our server… one of the reason this playfield is so slow rendering.
It all makes sense in the end… stuff which emits stuff like thruster and “second property” data in the game is a big problem in fact.
With all these lessons I will focus to make the most performant universe next season… this means of course no fancy planets anymore but for now we all know what the priority is…
Sorry, I didn’t find out earlier… but thanks for your understanding anyways.

RexXxuS

P.S.: I can’t fix 99% of these issues now because this would require for example Cache wipes, client + server, which is tricky and creates more bad than good.

3 Likes