The 8.X season started at 13th September and we have about 50% of run time done. A great moment to look back and forward in my opinion.
- 2577 Players joined on EU | 1798 on NA
- 6300+ Votes was made on EU | 4900+ on NA (remember it gets reset every new month)
- 1899 Players used HWS Connect so far
- 28 Players were so generous to support us via Patreon
- 6205 Reputation Points is the highest on EU at the moment | 3066 on NA
- 33 HWS Ingots were made on EU already | 14 on NA
- Average Player count on EU is about 110 | about 90 on NA
Just a little snapshot of some stats. These stats though mean a lot to me / us and considering you all are part of it, makes me / us proud!
It means a lot to me / us and we really want to thank you for that!
It’s especially special because we never had so many numbers! In almost 3 years this 8.X season is the most successful season so far!
There are many reasons, be it your great help to others players (HWS Police, HWS Helpers, nice players), the new Universe layout with both focus on PvE and PvP or the new and so far welcome addition of Commodity Trading.
Overall one of the main reason is PvE (sorry PvP guys).
This season showed us once again the big potential we can generate with PvE and how much welcome it is, even for PvP guys.
PvP with lags and glitches generate frustration and drama — unfortunately.
The game was design around PvE (Singleplayer) after all.
However this should not mean I stop concentrate on PvP. I think if you want to do PvP, HWS is a very good place to do that. Especially with upcoming dedicated PvP Events.
Let’s wait also for Alpha 9, which might have some PvP surprises for you…
New help yourself command: cb:warprescue:ship-id
There is one bug since the launch of Empyrion in the game and after almost 3 years we tried to finally give you the option to help yourself with it!
This command is active now and we welcome you to test it out if you experience the most annoying bug in the game:
- you warp
- you get a disconnect
- you are separated from your ship
I think 99% of players know this bug.
Use this command to hug your ship again and spare frustration and time to create a support ticket!
Please let us know if it’s working as intended!
Well, that is a bit tricky topic but I try to make it short:
Even though HWS 8.X is very good, the time was really missing to make it “complete”. A lot of stuff is undone and my hard attempt to make it “complete” during a season is more and more painful.
Every day I am doing this and then that. 70% of the day is filled with answering your PMs / requests and I just can’t make fast / big progress.
Nevertheless I want to at least tell you one last time what I plan to finish… this season or the upcoming:
- Patron reward feature complete | there are still some missing I’m coding all the time. I’m almost ready, so you can enjoy more Hotviews and buy / sell to the HWS Marketplace via your OCD!
- Trade Commodities 2.0 | I’m not satisfied how it is at the moment. The trade routes are too easy covered in PvE for now. The price ranges are not justified for the efforts you are doing right now. I want to push this topic and especially place on ALL CCC Trade Stations Commodity Trader in there — different one too!
- Stargate and Event Manager Events | the differentiation is small but still big. Hence I want to create way more Missions / Events for you! My goal is to have 36 blue / red Stargates in the ECC EGS HQ as soon as possible
- The Event Manager is a black hole regarding ideas… FPS, Deathmatches, Story hunts (you need a specific item in your inventory to participate in the first place) are planned
- A BIG rework of Thruster and RCS in our HWS Config. At the moment the Jet Thruster are useless and the whole movement topic of CVs / SVs is a joke. Not sure though if I should better wait for Alpha 9 regarding this, if Mass / Weight matters overall…
Last but not least, also in progress already, is the third HWS Survey.
The first and second Survey was incredible successful and helpful (#2 for example: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/1/d/1WMWu4M4t0Gb2TZIoYbgIgfGUYBV9wACFIyKKdADO5KY/edit?usp=drive_open&ths=true) so I’m really interested in the upcoming one! I will think about crucial and important questions for you! (let me know if you have good questions for the survey yourself!)
That’s it for now. I just wanted to give you a little impression, headsup and really appreciate you are part of this!
Please leave a feedback if you like — we are always looking for improvements!