HWS NA Admin | Gameplay Changes Part 1

I dont have the feeling that the people realy care about the tax. Everytime i get to the ECC, there are parking up to 20 ships, while one or two players are around. Some ships like the JVI Office, the JVI Preparetion Room or the huge amount of Beam-Me-ups are parking there all the time.
My opportunity is that the tax on ECC needs to be even higher than now.

Yeah I’d totally be up for raising tax on ECC. However it is a good way of burning through their money so I don’t want it to be utterly insane. The very richest amongst us should still be able to camp there. Just not the riffraff :slight_smile:

1 Like

A wipe timer of 7 days would also help to get rid of all the “accidentily” parked ships here.

1 Like

How about a PVP Arena where you can make a taxed bet on the opponents? You could Join as a visitor and place your bets.

A nice idea but maybe less of a priority as I remember Rexxus mentioning in one of his twitch streams that PVP arena participation had not been as high as he would have liked.

Best regards,
Wise.

My first season my RP total after playing for 3 months was (wait for it) 7. There where no passive RP gains from factions, or planets, or anything like that. So all 7 RP came from the alien containers less what I lost from dying since we had a death penalty then.

Also in 6.0 and 6.5 GG wasn’t what it is today. Did we fight over it? Yes. Did it have a crust of gold? No. Due to that mostly meteors spawning where the only gold source (roughly 1000 ore per) and even then GG didn’t just drop gold meteors it dropped Iron/Ere/Zas/Sil every meteor type making gold farming even harder. Add in auto miners never depleting meant all ore was dirt cheap as no one had tons of gold or RP but had tons and tons of ore.

SO why did it all change? Bankers. The rise of the bankers who broke the banking system, several earned more than 1 billion in credits in one season. But this has been fixed… So why do we still have this MORE MORE MORE gold system and we do not go back to the non minable crust and meteors for days? I don’t know but it would lower costs of ore if there is less money and more ore. It’s that simple. You don’t need RP events or huge RP rewards, or a planet filled with more gold. You need less gold, less interest, more ore, and as a side benefit it would increase performance by not having huge pot holes in the planets.

Because you didn’t have the experience to know how to get all the passive RP, and if you only got 7 RP, you probably didn’t know what to spend it on either(this is pure guess.)

This isn’t correct though. I played back in 6.0, and i mined gold crust back then.
I was newbie, so didn’t know what was much, but i got a fair share.
It’s correct the surface was only minable during prime time though.

When you begin to target the large OCD levels, you do need this money and RP.
It costs 700/800/900 million for OCD level 7/8/9, then then for OCD 10, 1 billion. That’s no easy amount of cash to earn, if you don’t have a way that gives real/good profit.
Then let’s just say OCD 10 again. Costs 10.000 RP. That’s quite hard to earn without passive income.

Also just other note. Have you tried mining after this update? It is incredibly slow, and is in no way profitable.

1 Like

I think it would be smart, wise, and logical if those who make changes to the game actually play pvp for lets say a whole day or week without godmode. And do nothing in the game but experiencing the pure experience of pvp. I think if developers did this the game would be in alot better shape. Theres just things that you can’t really understand without experiencing yourself and without godmode. I think that this is a big part of why we get these messed up rcs’s and nerfed drills.

If we’re talking about the developers of empyrion, yes i agree 100%.
If we’re talking RexXxuS then i know for a fact he’s seriously busy, and i don’t think he has the time, though a little while back he did try playing on HWS as a player, and i believe he might do it again. If he does then he should for sure come to PvP :slight_smile:

I’ll happily greet him there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t need to pay 800 million if people can only earn 50 mil a season (or less) so these numbers for OCD could come down as bank interest was/is nerfed and gold mining is nerfed. And no GG did not have a minable crust in 6.0, you are thinking of 7.0, Also 6.0 Did not have passive RP gains for Guardains or Hunters that started in 6.5

I could be wrong. It’s almost 2 years ago and my memory sucks.
But there’s also 1 thing you have to consider. It’s not 6.0 anymore. We’re almost 2 years ahead. We can’t keep doing it the old ways, and gameplay is forced to evolve.

Correct and now we are talking about evolving an ecomony that needs more ore and less gold/credits. Simple fix, nerf gold/interest increase ore production. Even if all that is done in doubling of OAM’s or something it should lessen the tide.

Yeah sure, it’d be a simple fix if prices went down with gold now, but we shouldn’t expect that until at least next season. Right now we just get smaller profit, and same prices.

come on guys. for pve enough ocd 7-8. in pvp you need ocd10. but in pvp you earn more cr like in pve

Like I said before, having the ability to spend credits on bonus skill points with select-able stat boosts such as what is already available would be an excellent way to break up some of those savings.

I am thinking these bonus skill points would only be available via in game purchase so players can not just passively earn them. from daily loot. This would also make the game feel like it has more progression to be had. This would also add to playtime and replay-ability.

2 Likes

I’m strongly AGAINST targeting bank interest at all. This was attempted previously under the old EB changes and it nearly caused a riot.

Like I said previously, we need to consider the many players working towards their EB levels, just imagine how they’d feel to suddenly have what their striving for pulled from them…

This happened to me several times in the past:
HWS 2.0/3.0 The OAM was SUPER POWERFUL and I was close to levelling it up, suddenly it gets nerfed.
HWS 5.0/5.5/6.0 OAM Requires AM cores instead of pentaxid just as I’ve stocked up on pentaxid.
OCD gets a 90% nerf just after i’ve unlocked OCD5.

Now I’m NOT mentioning the above to complain about them. Rex made the right choices there, but it can be deeply offputting to work towards something only to have the goal posts change.

EB already was changed and modified not too long ago, and to change it again before we have time to fully understand the effects of the previous changes would be a foolhardy act in my opinion.

There are other, OPTIONAL ways of encouraging people to spend in game credits.

Best regards,
Wise.

Here’s the thread for reference:

2 Likes

I think this is a bad idea. This means that the richest player will be closer to godmode then the poorest player. So it favors the rich, like pay to win. So, No way!.. Jose!.. It should be about skill. With ships its about Building, aiming, and flying skills, with your character its about, aiming, moving, and armor booster setup skills.

I like this idea. I think that the skill tree could do with an enormous expansion and can lead to a much richer experience for HWS players.

I understand what you’re saying here, which is why I’d make all skill points purchaseable with skill points and only have a few skill points that can be ‘purchased’ (and even they can be bought with skill points, which are earned daily for free.)

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like

This blueprint is a Miniature Model design for a planet-station that acts as a type of Room-renting indestructible base in pvp. The garage’s are designed as a mini home with enough room for one sv or one hv. This model would have room for 92 people.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1807403718