HWS NA Admin | Gameplay Changes Part 1

Just as an stupid idea after my nap:

If possible it would also be a good idea to add research for the constructor. So at the beginning there is 1 ingot for 5 ores - by upgraded then at the end 1 ore for 5 ingot as it is so far.

You also have to create a way for new players to easily get the resources they need so they don’t lose the fun.

1 Like

Honestly,

In the very short time it took you to respond I doubt you even thought any of the concepts I laid out to their full logical conclusion. Nearly every suggestion I made you conclude the opposite, probably because the way by which it works isn’t immediately apparent. I have no doubt in my mind that what I have suggested will work. You just seem to be some contrarian every time I post. I’d like to remind you that I was correct in predicting this inflationary period when the carbon block pricing was announced. I have studied economics and financial markets. This is not new to me.

I could counter all of your counter arguments, but instead I’ll choose a couple. The point on 150 RP being too much. No, it isn’t. Take the Pulse Check NPC trader that is 48RP and that is barely enough to get a player though a full day of pulse laser on Eton, add in the rest and the 150 becomes almost a net zero by the end of the event. I was originally thinking much more, and the super Saturday like 500. Getting and spending RP is a great mechanism to drain cash out of the marketplace. Making RP easier to come by is nearly only a net positive.

But like I said, I’m not interested in a long argument. Your short and snappy, I’m wrong, points with my quoted text is not really convincing. You aren’t going to change my mind by just telling me I’m wrong then give no well concieved thought process. Golden globe is made of gold --> gold is money --> money is the cause of inflation --> Golden Globe Causes Inflation, is not the logical conclusion of my argument.

Golden globe is made of gold --> it is worth fighting for --> the net expenditure of money and resources is usually negative when all players and new traders are considered --> enabling fighting over Golden Globe given the new suggestions provides a deflationary avenue. The only way Golden Globe is inflationary is if one group goes uncontested for too long. And in the grand scheme of inflation, the carbon was enormously more at fault. Go prove that wrong with more than a single line answer and maybe I’ll take you more seriously. Until then I’m just going to consider you as some sort of troll.

I’m sorry if i sounded aggressive or like a troll, not what i targetted, but to me these things just doesn’t seem achieveable.

Alright let me just explain what i mean why it’s too much.
The rich people who have many hundreds of millions this season, can easily afford resources from market, or even go mine them, or trade to get it.
That means you have to spent 0 RP on making tons of ammo.

So if you don’t spent RP:
I’m just gonna use my own faction as example here(U-T).
We have Eton every second day on EU, that’d be around 4500 RP a season.
Then almost everyone get at least 10 RP passive for either having 77 AM’s or having 999 gold or whatever.
Then we’re at 5400 RP.
Then people have RP bases on different HW planets. I don’t have the exact number of RP you get from that, so let’s just say 30 RP daily from that. That’s 8100 RP
Then comes voting, and collecting daily loot as well.

And if we then have event where you get 150 RP daily, then that’s 13500 RP extra a season, so that is more RP than most earn in a whole season, just from 1 event.

And from how i understand it, you want to make Golden Globe better, so it’s a better hotspot??
I’m guessing you’re from NA, since on EU there’s action often/once in a while.
Making golden globe even better, would probably ruin economy completely since it’s already easy to mine.

Another suggestion:

Make the Traders an own Origin again. The Trader-Origin should stay close to the Federation, a friendly neighbourhood helper and in partly control of the market.

We could cut out the rare ressources like Erestrum, Magnesium and Zascosium and make it even more rare serverwide - except for the Traders.

As a Traderfaction you need to pay a fee, depending on your RP, your factionmembers and your elemental bank credits to get access to one (and only one) of this ressources - a planet or system where you can mine them. To avoid a misuse HWS could measure the fee with actual miners in the playfield from your faction. This would also encourage new players to choose this origin.

In this case one trader faction could sell one ressource at a time. To get more in your deals you need to ally up with other traders which gathering one of the other ressources, or you need to buy them from the others.

The more Trader-Factions are on the server, the lower gets the price of the rare ressources. You clearly want to sell your stuff. You could attach the RP-Gain of the Traders to the sales and/or to the time spend in the Ressource-Playfields.

I know, this would be a hard cut for all rare ressources, but take a lot of money out of the system. Everybody needs to buy at the traders. On the other side the traders need to pay the fee, which takes money from their pockets.

As a trader you surely want to make some money, and here you need creative strategies to sell your stuff. Its (A) a way for PVE-Players to get a part from the cake and (B) a way to regulate the market more.

The factory landclaim on NA does not properly break right now. There are no red gold craters that are minable. GG is a friggin ghost town. No one is there and there is hardly the quantity of PvP going on like last season because most of the major factions aren’t scrapping over it. Much less destruction.

My point with the RP is that most people who were here last season, put the blocks in their OCD’s. Most players are flush with cash and buying the NPC traders and upgrades can help send that cash out of the market loop and into deletion. They don’t get the super RP gains like larger groups. Even if the mega players happen to win, but don’t spend their winnings on the event, the non-mega players will benefit from the reduced demand and therefore price on RP containers.

IDK about EU but on NA Eton is anything but certain. No one group reigns over it this season. Plus the NPC traders are very in the moment purchases. They become a potential life saver on the battlefield. Only people who have OCD 7+ can pull mats out in PvP, the rest utilize NPC traders in a bind. I’d probably say the amount of players that are under OCD 7 and PvP a lot out numbers OCD 7 players.

At any rate, my whole point to these strategies is to increase supply of raw materials through means of game mechanics that take money out of the system. Traders and paid instances pull the money out and high PvP content makes sure those raw mats are very short lived. It is all about reducing the amount of currency in the market, that is deflationary. Since Rex can’t tax people or take their money, the only way is to give them something in exchange. That thing in exchange should at best be a single use weapon component that fully deletes the asset off of the server. The only way people lob rockets at each other is over a profitable asset to hold.

There will be winners and losers undoubtedly, but they were already the one’s in power last season (or super stuffed their OCD’s with carbon). But at the end of the day what is more entertaining, high volume PvP to spur deflation and spending, or the super rich becoming even richer and bored? Wooo OCD 9 sounds like way less of an epic story than that time your faction fought for 48 hours on Planet X for those super boom boom juice land rights?

Just quickly message here.
There’s a shield on top, you have to destroy first :wink:

This is 100% correct, and is also one of the issues mentioned in the announcement.
Once you get to really rich stage, there’s nothing more to do because of this inflation.
When making updates and stuff, you have to think about everyone(even though you can’t make everyone happy).

Giving the rich people more stuff, will only result in them getting bored quicker, and ending up quitting HWS or/and empyrion.
And for a fact, i’m in this stage right now.
I have tons of cash, and have everything really. The only thing left is OCD, which will be even easier to get with extra 150 RP a day,

So what would be interesting enough to make you stay?

Good question, i have no idea.

I guess some kind of challenge that i actualyl have a reason to try, that i can’t buy my way out of.

Good question what to do about inflation issue. Since on server majority is rich (filthy rich).

It will be interesting to see any idea on this topic how to “fix” inflation issue.

I know this would sound harsh, but. Even if some idea does pop out to “fix/help” with inflation issue it wouldnt last long.
In any case, veterans can buy almost anything on this server, no matter the cost.
Bunker idea sounds good. But as Fallen Angel has said, with so many rich veterans. One faction can buy them all.
Maybe, the best way would be to (when new Alpha/Season comes) not only wipe the server, but also to wipe all vet characters. OCD, EB, EGS, everything. I know this sound harsh. But to be honest, even with some crazy new ideas, vets will still be bored in game and become less active. What best way for vets to stay and play again and have fun then start completely fresh. :smiley:

First of all, i’m quitting HWS if this happens. I played on HWS for 2 years to get where i am now.
Second of all. You can’t wipe experienced. All the veterans will get their stuff back easily, as they know how to. Taking money away won’t do anything, but make vets angry.

3 Likes

True. But i dont see how inflation issue can be fixed in any other way.

Reduce credit gain? All HWS features, triple amount it costs?
I hope there will be some good ideas on this topic. Atm, i dont see how this could be fixed/managed.

The only reason you gave for not knowing how inflation could be fixed is “that factions will buy all the bunkers”, which can’t be done if the restriction is 1 bunker per faction or alliance.

1 Like

Anyways my idea is different. I want an individualist buying for renting one small garage that can store 1 sv or 2 with a higher cost etc etc. The idea i want is for 1 planet station or space station with many small garages that can fit 1 sv that also has a tiny room for 1 constructor, cargo box, medic etc etc. And the fee should be daily, weekly, or monthly, and not seasonal.

1 Like

That sounds interesting. But who would rent it since players can build/spawn their own bases, etc…
As new player, he dont have credits to rent. Maybe increse daily loot. Like first daily loot to give larger amount as 100k then after first time less and less…
Then renting would make sense…

The key point here is that “its indestructible” and that its “in PVP”. No player can spawn this type of base or protection. I wrote this in this thread and more if you look above. And any who have not bought a room or have bad reputation with that particular faction your renting from will be shot by heavy turrets.

So each player who buys will get a number code that they can use to open the hanger door and use the devices inside their little garage like medic, 02 station etc. Currently the code limit that your allowed to type is 4 so i think Eleon should allow more codes to be typed in so its harder to hack. So the rent you pay covers the 02 and electricity. So its being powered by an alien core sense your renting from that AI or Alien faction.

2 Likes

I would like to expand this idea a little, since you can’t make turrets only shoot at some people.

There should be these places, and then some Zirax/Polaris/Talon, so it requires reputation to stay there.

This is a blueprint i made of two rooms so people can get an idea of how the rooms rented could look like. Each room has space for one 3k block class 1 sv. In a planet you may also be able to fit your pvp hv if you take out the sv.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1805301697

It’s either private BP, or you deleted it xD

It should work now.