HWS NA Admin | Gameplay Changes Part 1

Inflation is too much money chasing too few goods. - Loki66

Loki is correct. Inflation correction should ONLY happen at the highest levels. Since we are only talking about HWS then this has to happen abstractly via the financial system. It’s important to see that many people come to Empyrion looking for inexpensive gameplay. If you hope to expand HWS beyond players with deep pockets and empty schedules IRL, then you also need to market to the bigger audience of players that simply dont have the time or desire to grind. Everyone keeps talking about incentivising the high end player when the correct solution is similar to RL -for example, as players rise in extreme wealth, they become increasingly scrutinized by an intergalactic financial entity that has the power to limit their expansion with punitive measures that become increasingly more difficult to navigate - now the game is about financial and political survival - just an idea, after all, HWS is Empyrion Plus.

Inflation is a normal and expected result of any economic progress. There is no way to entirely halt it’s increase. Regulate the economy by using NPC traders to set minimum/maximum prices. The tools already exist, just break up item monopoly. Start making rare stuff more expensive in response to rising inflation.

1 Like

I don’t know precisely what you meant by this therefore the below point is aimed at everybody regarding any ideas regarding making HWS features more expensive.

If you’re talking about rare objects I.E Alien cores then i’m fine with that.

But regarding HWS Features:

We just have to be careful we don’t end up pricing out newer players from the same things that we have access for. For instance if we make OCD 7 price from 700mil to 800mil then those who are working towards it have suddenly had their journey made more difficult.

This is why I’m in favour of anti-inflation measures that people can opt into such as auctions rather than some unavoidable method that’ll hurt those wanting to progress.

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

This reminds me of the browser game DarkOrbit. There was a marketplace where players could bid on rare items every hour.

You could do that with HWS 2 times a day. That for example an alien container, a Heavy Epic Armor, an NPC core will be auctioned. Anyone who places a bid loses this money in that case, too. So even if you’re not the highest bidder - the money is gone.

If you make such a feature right, it’s a good machine to destroy money globally.

2 Likes

Why should someone bid in an Offer where he could loose his money?

Both these points are great!

Perhaps a simple solution to Whizzle’s issue with this would be that instead of losing ALL of the money you bid, you instead lose a fixed % of the AMOUNT you bid.

For instance. Say I bid 5mil on an alien core. Perhaps there’s a 5% or 10% tax per bid. Therefore I’m bidding 5mil, but on top of that I have to pay 250k (5%) or 500k (10%). That way people aren’t losing ALL of their money when they bid, but the amount that’s getting chipped away by a 5% or 10% base tax would be sizeable over time.

Maybe have the auction tax at 5% on most days but 10% on the weekends due to this being when there is higher activity. Or the other way around to encourage higher activity!

I love this idea as it’s probably relatively straightforward to implement and modify! :slight_smile:

Once again, regarding the skill tree. With greater skill point implementation we could perhaps pair it up with taxation.

E.G "HWS Tax Avoider Level 1-Avoids paying tax on the auction.

HWS Tax Avoider Level 2- Avoids paying tax on auction AND autominer resources

HWS Tax Avoider Level 3- Avoids paying tax on Auction, Autominer, AND Marketplace.

So with something like this, people would have an option to avoid paying taxes they didn’t want to, but they’d have to invest in the skill tree.

Level 1-5 skill points.
Level 2-10 skill points.
Level 3-15 skill points.

So a total of 25 days required to complete the tree. I really think that with enough skill tree variety HWS could evolve to the next level! If I have the time in the next couple of days I think i’ll revise my skill tree suggestion and re-submit it for consideration. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Wise.

1 Like

There is another system as well. Like an prize draw. For example there are 150 “tickets” per “Auction” and you buy a ticket for an specific price to join the prize pool. You can buy up to 5 tickets for example for an higher chance to win. And one of the 150 tickets will be drawn by the system - and he wins the item.

I think there are some creative way to get rid of money.

And with a little luck you can win a item for very less money but a lot of money from the player base is gone.

1 Like

That sounds really good! A bit like the lottery system we currently have but sized more appropriately for our player base. Also we could have people able to opt into it globally to encourage them to take part like the lottery system!

Back to my point about tax, I wonder if it’s possible to have a different planet tax on different planets.

For example, the planet tax on ECC is meant to be super expensive to discourage people from camping there.

But what if we had say a single PVE planet in the HWS or near the HWS system. That would be EXTREMELY valuable and we could have a less extreme but still significant ‘planet’ tax there where every core is taxed a specific amount. Sort of like the ECC tax but ten times less expensive.

What do you think? :slight_smile: (Obviously I don’t want to upset the balance of PVP so perhaps this PVE playfield would have to be a couple of jumps away from say Black Hole, but still near enough to be a valuable stopping point for players. I remember a similar planet many seasons ago, I can’t remember its name, maybe ‘Nova’ or something. Flying to it from the warp was a lot like running the gauntlet! :slight_smile:

Summary

(Found it! HWS 2.0

Best regards
Wise

1 Like

I dont have the feeling that the people realy care about the tax. Everytime i get to the ECC, there are parking up to 20 ships, while one or two players are around. Some ships like the JVI Office, the JVI Preparetion Room or the huge amount of Beam-Me-ups are parking there all the time.
My opportunity is that the tax on ECC needs to be even higher than now.

Yeah I’d totally be up for raising tax on ECC. However it is a good way of burning through their money so I don’t want it to be utterly insane. The very richest amongst us should still be able to camp there. Just not the riffraff :slight_smile:

1 Like

A wipe timer of 7 days would also help to get rid of all the “accidentily” parked ships here.

1 Like

How about a PVP Arena where you can make a taxed bet on the opponents? You could Join as a visitor and place your bets.

A nice idea but maybe less of a priority as I remember Rexxus mentioning in one of his twitch streams that PVP arena participation had not been as high as he would have liked.

Best regards,
Wise.

My first season my RP total after playing for 3 months was (wait for it) 7. There where no passive RP gains from factions, or planets, or anything like that. So all 7 RP came from the alien containers less what I lost from dying since we had a death penalty then.

Also in 6.0 and 6.5 GG wasn’t what it is today. Did we fight over it? Yes. Did it have a crust of gold? No. Due to that mostly meteors spawning where the only gold source (roughly 1000 ore per) and even then GG didn’t just drop gold meteors it dropped Iron/Ere/Zas/Sil every meteor type making gold farming even harder. Add in auto miners never depleting meant all ore was dirt cheap as no one had tons of gold or RP but had tons and tons of ore.

SO why did it all change? Bankers. The rise of the bankers who broke the banking system, several earned more than 1 billion in credits in one season. But this has been fixed… So why do we still have this MORE MORE MORE gold system and we do not go back to the non minable crust and meteors for days? I don’t know but it would lower costs of ore if there is less money and more ore. It’s that simple. You don’t need RP events or huge RP rewards, or a planet filled with more gold. You need less gold, less interest, more ore, and as a side benefit it would increase performance by not having huge pot holes in the planets.

Because you didn’t have the experience to know how to get all the passive RP, and if you only got 7 RP, you probably didn’t know what to spend it on either(this is pure guess.)

This isn’t correct though. I played back in 6.0, and i mined gold crust back then.
I was newbie, so didn’t know what was much, but i got a fair share.
It’s correct the surface was only minable during prime time though.

When you begin to target the large OCD levels, you do need this money and RP.
It costs 700/800/900 million for OCD level 7/8/9, then then for OCD 10, 1 billion. That’s no easy amount of cash to earn, if you don’t have a way that gives real/good profit.
Then let’s just say OCD 10 again. Costs 10.000 RP. That’s quite hard to earn without passive income.

Also just other note. Have you tried mining after this update? It is incredibly slow, and is in no way profitable.

1 Like

I think it would be smart, wise, and logical if those who make changes to the game actually play pvp for lets say a whole day or week without godmode. And do nothing in the game but experiencing the pure experience of pvp. I think if developers did this the game would be in alot better shape. Theres just things that you can’t really understand without experiencing yourself and without godmode. I think that this is a big part of why we get these messed up rcs’s and nerfed drills.

If we’re talking about the developers of empyrion, yes i agree 100%.
If we’re talking RexXxuS then i know for a fact he’s seriously busy, and i don’t think he has the time, though a little while back he did try playing on HWS as a player, and i believe he might do it again. If he does then he should for sure come to PvP :slight_smile:

I’ll happily greet him there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t need to pay 800 million if people can only earn 50 mil a season (or less) so these numbers for OCD could come down as bank interest was/is nerfed and gold mining is nerfed. And no GG did not have a minable crust in 6.0, you are thinking of 7.0, Also 6.0 Did not have passive RP gains for Guardains or Hunters that started in 6.5

I could be wrong. It’s almost 2 years ago and my memory sucks.
But there’s also 1 thing you have to consider. It’s not 6.0 anymore. We’re almost 2 years ahead. We can’t keep doing it the old ways, and gameplay is forced to evolve.