@HWS NA | The RAM Bottleneck | New Server?

Remember what the contest said exactly though. There are only 20 spots available. This means nothing can go up until all the submissions are in and voted on for the top 20. I would imagine so anyways.

I agree with this. Anyone who knows me knows that I will definitely take advantage of anything that’s available to save time and spend more time doing what I consider to be the most fun in this game (PvP) but there is a fine line between pay for convenience and pay to win. I think it’s well balanced right now and that any additional paid benefits should focus as much as possible on convenience.

Another way to look at this is that spending real money on resources directly seems like a bad idea in general. If there is no limit on the amount you can buy, it’s too pay to win. If there’s too low of a limit, it’s not going to be more worthwhile than NPC trader packages. Also, if there was no limit and someone buys a bunch of resources to stockpile in OCD, some items they paid for could easily get selectively wiped in another patch as has happened with autominers, z/e and magnesium in the past. It’s just all around bad news.

I feel like if the server really needs the fundraiser to make some money for the upgrade, I think a very good option is the “Permanent” upgrades being reinstated for a bit, as that will boost money… I know I’d go into that with an open check xD

1 Like

Answer: none.

1 Like

Then why did we do it for this season? Just put last seasons ships up and run this contest for the fall reset.

And there is 20 prize spots. Its doesn’t say only 20 total ship designs can be sold.

I’d love to see it hosted somewhere on the east coast or the Midwest

1 Like

Montreal is fine. Additional MAIN internet exchange points in the Midwest are Chicago, Minneapolis, Dallas, Detroit. East/West coast, like New York would be fine, but perhaps not ideal for AU players. And even West Coast players “could” be affected. Bottom line, this IT guy says Montreal is fine, or Chicago if you can get a good deal. (Full disclosure: I live near CHicago. I am not advocating any change based on that. Not my style.)

Hey guys,

thanks again for all your positive responses about that topic.
I really want to provide the best game experience for you.
Unfortunately there is a show stopper at the moment: the conditions.
If feels like a rip off, if we do anything rushed now.
For example:

the “Rise-5” server is the closest fitting but it has only a HDD for $380 and 500Mbps.
So we gain RAM but suffer 2 other components which is a no go. The new server has to be better in everything.

And the server below is out of my price range I want afford.

To be honest a new server is only doable with a cool discount like I was damn lucky with Black Friday. But Black Friday is far away in November :frowning:

Will watch out for alternatives but just for your information that it won’t be as fast as I hoped for.

1 Like

I think we should stop paying for NA server, use the money to buy a new EU server right about here

Then it’s close enough to US that they can play there as well, and it can still be used by EU. Now we just need a boat :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think we should ban Dr_Dark.

2 Likes

Good thing, my ingame name is Dr. Dark :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you dont mind me asking, whats the amount you get monthly from patrons and how much more would you need to get the bottom option? Im curious as I can support some of the cost but perhaps more of us would to depending on the amount. Id easily pay $50 more month to get it. My wife gets her phone and all the features so why cant I, lol.

With that said, perhaps others would pay more if the cost wasnt to much. Of course its something we would have to discuss and I cant speak for everyone but Im sure some of us would be more than happy to do so. Just saying

FML that’s funny.

Perhaps a location survey and let the numbers bear out where it should be located, because everyone will advocate for their own best interest otherwise. Or is there perhaps a way to decipher network traffic to the server and where it is routing from?

In my opinion, if hardware problems continue to persist, HWS NA will lose the gains it has made because people will be less interested in playing. They will go find some where else to play. Perhaps make a wall of Patrons at HWS HQ. You donate you get your name on the wall and some sort of package? All I know is that I only play Empyrion because HWS exists. People will support more when they see better performance because there will naturally be more players that remain interested in playing on HWS.

Thanks for your consideration.

2 Likes

I say upgrade it it would really help lots of people

I’m experiencing quite a delay when opening containers on an HQ PF. Ship flight animation is very choppy and jerky. This may or may not be related to server specs / performance. The restart frequency does seem excessive and doing whatever is necessary to cut those down to 4? or less a day would be great.

So the increased cost - is a monthly increase? Or does it involve an initial investment PLUS a monthly increase?

You have some players who are able and willing to help, I’d imagine - to cushion the initial blow. If you care to, let us know how much $ we’re talking about and if 25 or 50 players reach into their fat wallets, maybe we can soften the blow and usher in this new server earlier than planned?

Losing blueprints: These are saved locally, so I’m assuming that you’re talking about the factory resources being lost?

I’m Eastern US - if you’re taking #s.

I second this sentiment.

Let us help ! Each of us will be able / willing to help at different levels, but I think a LOT of us would pitch in so that RexXxuS won’t have to carry ALL the weight for OUR sakes.

Im good with an upgraded server as right now with all the PVP and alpha 10 people are flocking back to HWS, any consideration to opening a third server? maybe 1 east coast canada/usa and maybe a new one westcoast canada/usa which can hit malasia/australia I know that would be a lot of work but it might be fun to have the cross server warp go different places and would split NA player population.

1 Like

3 servers would be a fine idea, if Rex and Jascha weren’t already suffering enough with 2.

Think about it. For every mistake they find they’d have to fix it 3 times.