HWS Patch - RP and Tax

Oooooh… I misread once again. Sorry!

The additional tax you have to pay is:

So say my CV costs me 20k now. Then the new cost tommorrow morning will be:
20k + 30% * 1 * 20000 * 1 = 26666 credits? This is very fair.

1 CV + 1 minimal SV:
21k + 66% * 2 * 21000 * 2 = 76994.4 credits. Ouchies…

1 CV + 2 minmal SV:
22k + 100% * 3 * 22000 * 3 = 220000 credits… This is suicide.

Oh that is much better. But still, make sure you ONLY got 1 core on the planet now because the price goes up very very steeply and still do NOT forget any SV on the planet.

The additional tax is that per faction member or divided by each faction member?

action command: fa:scan - every 15 minute it scans 10k km in orbit and tell you if a pirate is in that radius

So they can’t scan hunters, traders and other alliance anymore?

Now you get RP every hour, as long as you were online and met the conditions

I almost got 100 hunter rep. But… If I would join alliance instead and just watch the death screen all night (due to no food) I will wake up tomorrow with 12x2 + 24 rep for doing nothing if server does not crash. Because I just have to be online, being dead doesn’t matter and I get paid anyway. And I will get 48 rep per day. So after 1 week I get 336000 income per day woohoo. And on top of that I could just run a food macro. Is this really gonna happen? Because I’m instant alliance then. And then I could even support 4-6 cores on the faction planet.

And after 3 weeks you get a million a day for doing nothing! Or did I misread again?

Now you get RP every hour, as long as you were online and met the conditions

And how does this work exactly? You gotta be online for 60 minutes straight? So OCD-ing or server crash will cancel it? Or only be online for 1 second anywhere in that hour?

Right. It is really rough if you are not able to get your initial costs way down. But rep is also much easier to get now.

Any chance to get the Web page that shows your taxes to be paid updated to include the new formula. Pretty please.

Solution: set your ships to public and entomb them by a faction owned BA and you shouldn’t pay any tax for it. Not sure if allowed. Or do it on a donator planet.

And if you are not into PVP, just go alliance and after ~2 weeks you will earn more credits a day than you could on the gold planet itself.

Good afternoon (or evening) to all, RexxXuxxs and jascha, I know that you are trying to solve this question of many to make bases in faction planets, you have tried several models and in all cases you are always in doubt, the calculations are always complicated and many Do not take advantage of the faction planet and others who have many possessions, practically dominate them, well I will suggest below a group and actions and measures that if used together should heal once and for all this problem of faction planets. Great text, have patience …

1 -) First you must create the accounts of factions in the bank of the HWS, every faction member who wants to live on the planets has to create the account in the bank (the command would be FA: bank create account (yes) [no] after that the Members of the faction would make daily weekly deposits, as the leader decides, the same should have commands that allow him to see the deposits of the members as well as the balance of the account of the faction, this command can also be executed by the adms of the faction (fa: bank : Info), all can deposit CR, but only the creator of the faction can withdraw money.

Created this step we go to the next:

1. Limit the maximum number of structures allowed on the faction planet (which I suggest is 1 BA, 1 CV, 1 SV and 1 HV) per faction, see that this maximum number will be allowed for the purpose of collecting the standard tax , In which it did not affect the extra core rate and the extra slide rate …

3 _ Core rate Extras:

This fee will be levied on any structure or vehicle that is on the planet of the faction beyond that permitted (1 BA, 1 CV, 1 SV and 1 HV), it will be charged immediately and will be charged upon entry of the vehicle on the planet, or When generating a Bp on the planet, beyond the maximum allowed, the owner of the faction will be notified of the value through message in the chat …

This rate will be a percentage of the base device rate * value.

• First infraction 30% of the corresponding faction fee.

• Second infraction 40% of the corresponding faction fee.

• Third infraction 50% of the corresponding faction fee.

Note: after the third infraction in a 24 hour period the subsequent rate will be 60%.

4_Power Rate:
This rate, in the same way as the core rate, will affect the total value of devices in which that fraction is bound, by exceeding the band which is registered the same pay a fine, which will be a percentage of the value of the standard rate.

• First infraction 10% of the corresponding faction fee.
  • Second infraction 20% of the corresponding faction fee.
  • Third infraction 30% of the corresponding faction fee.
    Note: after the third infraction in a period of 24 hours the subsequent rate will be 40%.

Device Aliquots:

Remembering that all factions can only have on the planet faction: 1 BA, 1 CV, 1 SV and 1 HV. In a total of 4 cores.

1st class of devices: 1 Ba (50 devices) 1 Cv (200 devices) and Sv and HV (100 devices both). Amount in Cr $ 100,000.00

2 ¬ ¬ class and devices: 1 Ba (100 devices) 1 Cv (200 devices) and Sv and HV (100 devices both). Amount in Cr $ 200,000.00

3rd class and devices: 1 Ba (200 devices) 1 Cv (300 devices) and Sv and HV (150 devices both). Value in Cr $ 500,000.00

4th class and devices: 1 Ba (300 devices) 1 Cv (400 devices) and Sv and HV (200 devices both). Cr value. $ 750,000.00

5th class and devices: 1 Ba (400 devices) 1 Cv (500 devices) and Sv and HV (300 devices both). Cr value. $ 1,000,000.00

Well, here is my contribution, feel free to modify as you see fit, I believe that in this way, most of the problems on the planets must be corrected, if you like, change the value of the classes of devices according to your taste

If i get it right , from what show on :

as the exampled showed

The math would be:
Structure total= 5
device = less than RP
RP = over device count

1º) you pay (5 * 1000) = 5000 CR

2º) you pay additional :
(30% * 5) * (5 * 1000) = 7500 CR
7500 CR represents (150% more than 5000 CR)

Total taxes: 5000CR + 7500CR = 12500 CR

"the 5k * 5 again is multiplying the same structure again over its amount for no sense about it, and not really adding 150%, but 750% ".

btw: thanks for the update, that ll help a lot to improve room to the faction planets.

In additional, for voiding faction issues:

• some one joined your faction and left additional ~21 vessels set as faction on a permanent pve (adding 6,3 times the normal rate of taxes) making your mates bank-corrupt in comparison to private * faction structures:

Fix: Handle all “Faction Structures” taxes independent from the “Private ones”:

(Example)
Private structures total = 5
Faction structures total = 30 (mostly vessels parked)
Currently faction members able to pay the fee = 5

Private math:
1º) you pay (5 * 1000) = 5,000 CR
2º) you pay additional :
(30% * 5) * (5 * 1000) = 7,500 CR
7500 CR represents (150% more than 5,000 CR)

Total Private taxes: 5,000CR + 7,500CR = 12,500 CR

Faction math:
1º) you pay (30 * 1,000) / 5 = 6,000 CR

each of the 5 members able ll pay 6k CR (total 30k as should be)

2º) you pay additional :
(30% * 30) * (30 * 1,000) / 5 = 54,000 CR
54000 CR represents (900% more than 6,000 CR)

each of the 5 members able ll pay additional 54k CR (total 270k) for having 30 vessels

Total Faction taxes for you: 6000CR + 54,000CR = 60,000 CR
Total Faction taxes (Overall) : 30,000CR + 270,000CR = 300,000 CR (# just to show up)

(Private + Faction)
Your total tax: 12,500 + 60,000 = 72,500 CR a day

This way the Faction wont screw with your additional private stuff. Otherwise your faction ll run you mad in Caos. (over multiplying over ur private stuff cutting millions a day from you)

Off-topic: This new over structure formula is simple amazing, thank you a lot for your hard work, all HWS Team.

1 Like

Seems that the Taxes tab refreshed now and are displaying new taxes. My taxes went from 7k to 710k. And what’s great is I can’t even join the server to fly my ships away. I get the problems with the game being alpha and all but to the server devs: maybe not roll out new features when the GAME is broken. People can’t login to escape wipes and now it seems I’m gonna lose all my credits in one tax cycle.

1 Like

Same for me , i would suggest the admin to delay this new tax math to be first time used to Monday morning, so active players that get online on weekend, dont get insanely mad by his losses and stop playing for been ripped off or either structures loss or either both.
Not only for that but for also due to the server instability as well.

##We deactivated the tax payment for tomorrow at least. Make sure to have the credits or reduce your stucture amount on the planet

Yeah, will think about it.

Taxes on the website are updated every 3 hours.

Really great, thank you. Since this is more advanced stuff we have to see what we can do. Limit the bases would be a next logic sense.[quote=“Spaw_Morpheus, post:26, topic:1956”]
again is multiplying the same structure again over its amount for no sense about it, and not really adding 150%, but 750% ".
[/quote]

Jascha needs to verify but this is how it is. You have to pay additional the full amount of taxes for every structure

About faction dropping stuff. At the very last step we can take care of this. In first place please make sure to communicate with your faction what to drop on these planets and whom you trust.

Yeah it was just to prepare you. As announced the next tax payment will be sunday / monday. But as you notice yourself, you have too much stuff on the planet (and not even named your stuff… :weary: (rule 4.5))

Maybe each member of a faction is allowed 1 structure and then compile additional tax based on # of structures past that boundary? Methinks factions with 5+ members would find it extremely difficult to survive using a single base and a single CV

EX: 8 members = 8 core limit and exceeding limit adds 50% to each cores tax beyond the limit so 9 cores would make the faction pay 8 x 1000/rep/members + (1 x 1000/rep/members x .5) per extra core with percentiles compiling for each core past the limit?

Join pvp then, there you can have all kinds of stuff…

1 Like

Calm your attitude.

You have until Sunday/Monday tax cycle to resolve the situation.

Man from 18k each day to 1m… :dizzy_face:

I 100% approve of making traders fly between space and the planet more frequently.

2 Likes

@Ivanov: he posted that before Rex announced that there would be no tax tomorrow. I had this same worry, especially because the server wouldn’t let me in at first.

I still have these questions:

• Do public ships cost tax? And if no, are we allowed to use this?
  • The fa:scan command ONLY works on pirate factions? And how excactly does it’s range work? Does it’s range increase by 10km every 15 min or can you use it again after 15min in a radius of 10km around your ship? It’s vague to me.
  • How does the new reputation gain work? Do I have to be online for the full 60 minutes or just once somewhere in that hour?
  • Why does the alliance get such easy income (and hunters as well if they don’t PVP)? Amassing insane amounts of income by doing nothing is very much possible with the new system. Why?
  • Why are hunters being promoted NOT to PVP due to their penalties and bonuses? Are they not supposed to be a PVP faction then? This is the reason why I’m hunter even though I’m 99% PVE.
  • Why are you considering having less taxes on donator planets? That would be the epic form of the pay2win mechanic.
  • Living in large factions is dangerous because someone could forget some ships by accident on a planet or maybe 2-3 people dock on the planet to pick something up and then lose connection and can’t login and the tax comes an hour later. This bankrupts the entire faction overnight. Or an angry faction member. So it’s best to not convert your gold coins to credits but just put gold coins in the bank. Silver sent all his credits to me for safekeeping in case something goes wrong… Can’t something be done about this? Our credits are no longer safe on the bank in large factions even if everybody can be trusted.

Don’t get me wrong, changes are good and I hope they keep changing things and we really needed a better tax system because the old one was very bad. But some questions remain for me.

1 Like

“Serverbot write me if you are doing shitty work
I have to write it on forum.” citation

Yes you do and I totally disagree with this tax system.

Where are you getting this from? Historically we have been told that taxes on faction planets and donator planets will be the same.

My apologies did I misread something again? Reading is not my strongest suit…

it might be a little harsh for donator planets though (Robob)

Yeah, will think about it. (Rex)

Go on and explain how.

Also keep in mind the purpose of the formula is to keep the playfields usable.