HWS Police - General Discussion

Your Crime ticket is already resolved @CHAR

make sure to show it next time properly.
During the rainbow crash I didn’t see any of this messages or enemy ships and in general in your video I did not see any ramming.

Make also sure to read the rule once again

Until then stop posting insults or drama. Everyone.
There are more important things to do to improve Empyrion.

6 Likes

That it funny. CHAR, you got me in the most exactly situation. And even published a video on youtube of how you attacked and disassembled my ship after I was crashed to desktop and while I was out of the game.
I hope you liked this feeling.

1 Like

If they can fix the ramming issue that would be great. After last night all our members are running video capture software so we can turn in those who are knowingly using this now well known glitch to DC our players and stealing/killing our ships. I pray the DEV’s pay close attention to this needed fix and possibly make it a hot fix for the current version running. On another note we may have found out the land claim devices are causing a screen lag issue like the pikes and holes dug into the ground. One of our faction members found this possible issue and is going to turn a ticket report in for you RexXxuS. Anyway I really hope this gets fixed quickly.

1 Like

This season has had so many issues that honestly I don’t feel like playing. And these aren’t HWS issues, this is the shitstorm laid down by Eleon.

On a side note, what the hell happened to quality control?? Is testing optional?

3 Likes

For some reason that video link @Tripwire ain’t working.
Sv is in the warp in for Titan and is surely to snag CVs

Coordinates: -108, -1051, 12411
Ship Name: PreFab TI

1 Like

@Calo @Tripwire I don’t understand your report here

What is illegale? Using SVs as Radar decoy? As trigger spots?

2 Likes

Look at the video Rex go see the ship you will understand. That’s what i call abusing gamebugs to it’s fullest

2 Likes

Oh I see, checked it out ingame (which ruined my workflow for the new EWS system :expressionless: )
Anyways, this is a silly creative attempt in breaking our rules. Punishment listed in the Crime Report.

3 Likes

Hello @Tripwire. Regarding this video there is only one moment of ‘ramming.’ Which is in the first 2 seconds. Yet for the rest of it that SV is doing something called Interdiction, or more commonly known in the US as ‘Interception.’

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnI9S1a1Vc8&feature=youtu.be

Summary: 2 seconds in-Tackle/ram.
Some weird shit goes down at 1:10, classic server lag. I’ve had that before. SV thinks HV is further away so moves to interdiction spot in an attempt to force HV to decelerate and change direction but thanks to lag the HV is closer than SV thinks and they phase through eachother, creating a temporary situation where both are stationairy.
1:16: At first it looked like an honest to God tackle, but from the SV pilots perspective i imagine the HV wasn’t even there yet.
1:23 Another honest attempt at predicting HVs path and sititng there, preventing the same velocity.
1:25: Another attempted interdiction. Once again server lag probably rendering HV and SV further apart.

The idea being you are preventing the enemy from escaping by guessing their path of exit. The big difference between interdiction and tackling is that in tackling YOU are the one making physical contact with the enemy ship. Whereas in Interdiction one simply tries to predict the path of the hover and land there, forcing it to slow down and change direction or it will inevtiably end up hitting the ship that has been parked there.

Whether or not this should be legal/illegal i leave to Rexxus. But in this case i think the only real tackle was the first 2 seconds. The rest were attempts to intercept the HV’s path before it reached the said path. Therefore no tackling there.

I’m not police/admin/mod but i am an experienced EU pvper and i can tell you that some things ya just gotta let go. And save your but most importantly the admins time for the big repeat cases of tackling like we had when we lost about six allied CVs to repeat tackles.

Otherwise it just takes away from the next season.

IT’s also very important to remember that where you see your HV is not where the enemy see the HV due to rendering and lag reasons. So for that SV your HV is probably where it was for you a couple of seconds ago, but then upon contact/collision the server is forced to update leading to some very intriguing outcomes. Hence why you see the SV sort of lamely fly in the path of the HV only to be suddenly surprised when the HV is literally right on top of it within half a second.

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

I drove that SV and you are mistaken about my actions. I was not attempting to ram or tackle. I was flying behind them and stopping. They however did ram into me several times. The enemy HV backed into me after I was stationary each time. The video clearly shows that I was stopping behind him. There may be some lag issues, but there was no pinning, nor holding down. Only breaking and herding by myself as I was stopping behind him.

1 Like

That looks like ramming to me. Why is that sv that is supposed to be flying in the air above ground stopping on the ground right behind the hv and ramming? Does anyone else notice the extended arms grabbing design on that sv? Awkward.

2 Likes

And i was set to guilty for touching someone lol roll of the dice justice.

2 Likes

Consequence: anything over 10 deaths within a short time frame is considered excessive and is ammo draining. It is punishable by a sentence to Elemental Prison, loss of property and/or a Ban. the rules do not apply to them

1 Like

We lost half of our RP and Credits, so i’d say that the rules apply to us.

1 Like

wait a second so what did I do to lose 1/2 my credits/rp?

1 Like

Police and rexxxus if you read this stuff would you tell me what i did wrong?

1 Like

Ammo Draining. See this post: HWS Police - Report a crime

1 Like

The And/Or is important here

It does not mean that everyone will get banned on the first offense. Generally, first offenders get a more lenient punishment, repeat offenders will recieve more harsh punishments. Since this is the first case for them, they got the metaphorical slap on the wrist, rather than a ban.

1 Like

"Were not camping people, its been kill and go policy. I have advised people not to loot unless its an epic. We’re doing more than just camping people, its good RP on starter.

Ranzeth your bias against Op4 is clear. You should try a pvp start :wink:

I am loving this planet! POI’s, Zirax, need to get through my PDA, its only day one."

@Ezze

The screenshots show you camping the place where players literally start. This sort of behavior turns them off because they are killed before they can even start the game, they literally don’t even have a chance to do anything but die and not be able to do anything.

Op4 has done this on fresh starters 2 or 3 times now? Each time, you guys were punished, so why do you think it would be acceptable to do now?

2 Likes

Were not camping people, its been kill and go policy. I have advised people not to loot unless its an epic. We’re doing more than just camping people, its good RP on starter.

Ranzeth your bias against Op4 is clear. You should try a pvp start :wink:

I am loving this planet! POI’s, Zirax, need to get through my PDA, its only day one.

1 Like