HWS pre 7th July update!

Ahh, my mistake. Really though, even then I’d still say it’s worth it. The only difference is that you have to CSW more often? That adds a pretty small step in between your OCD/OAM and the donor planets which, to me, seems quite minor as long as the CSW is stabilized. Just my opinion.

I’m sure on CSW your player/ship is backed up so if something where to happen, you could easily get your stuff back and eventually it’ll become more and more stable with less bugs happening since it will become a bigger part of the game. Not being able to use ocd am on donator planet, is just a way to keep people from spending 100% of their time playing in their own little world and more time traveling the universe, maybe the new universe could have the market place close to csw? who knows then its only a short trip to the shops. With a smaller universe, the universe as a whole becomes a lot more dangerous with people closer together with higher chance of running into each other, which makes it a buff to donator planets as they are perfectly safe, maybe donator prices should go up instead :wink: kidding but seriously try looking at the bigger picture first.

1 Like

It looks like a small step on its face, in reality its numerous small steps adding up to a huge time sink in keeping up with normal tasks involved with running constructors. You must CSW then OCD everything down put it in boxes, then CSW back ( hope your ship came with you ) take it out of the boxes, put it in the factor, put everything your going to need for that day in other boxes. Instead of just OCDing down a handful what you need when you need it. And better hope you don’t forget something. Really you will see players using these places only to store ships they don’t use everyday. And not living there means they won’t stay active and run constructors. Forget trying to respond to a fight in decent time to help an ally, ore spawning at a home base on your penthouse/donor after getting killed. You will have to live in Normal PVE PVP space period to function with any ease at all, thereby defeating the purpose of purchasing a planet, or plot of land for anything other than parking a ship you don’t plan to use anytime soon.

Since 6.0 there isn’t an universe map anymore of the current universe. Only afterwards we might release them - for the achieve.

Correct but really weird since you need by “accident” a ship in NA, fly by accident to the proper orbit etc.

Hmm partially correct. I never thought about OCD and the donator planets in combination with the price. There will be lot of other places to get OCD stuff but it is true that CSW needs to be a bullet proof feature.
That is why we said to test it hardcore NOW instead of later…

If you think that then well, do so but it’s not true.

I don’t like to repeat myself - that is all. Insulting me won’t change that.

As I also wrote: no, you can get stuff till you reached 50k. All good.

Anyways I knew shitstorm would come so I announced it now instead of later. And if this stinks too much we see what we can do.
But sadly I see that some people only think about themselves rather having the big picture in mind and helping everyone instead only himself. Sad.
We will see what can be done - again

That is actually quite interesting, wonder if cross server home option is something in the works for the future, in the meantime thou you can just make a home outpost somewhere close to CSW in space with a prepped warp sled, having a donator planet doesn’t mean that the game should all of a sudden become easy, its just an advantage, another advantage is that people won’t be CSW’ing just to camp your orbit and snipe your ships going to planet, another buff to donator planet’s.

In real life do you live right next to the shopping centre incase you forget something so you can just walk over quick xD, its called planning you OCD in bulk, stuff you need for the next week or so, instead of only for the next few minutes, adapt and prosper.

It sounds like there won’t be access to OCD while in the donator system because of how the system is set up. Unless CSW gets some substantial improvement I just can’t see us to continue to donate for a planet. I have had NOTHING but problems with CSW which was fine when it wasn’t mandatory for getting to your planet. I also spend tons of time painstakingly naming ALL my components with their location so I know where something is when blown up and that currently gets reset during CSW.

Perhaps giving the Donor/Penthouse server it’s own OCD and OAM is the best compromise/workaround. Donators who will be unhappy about not being able to pull down or access am in their newly partitioned play fields could be open to having another AM to level up and draw from. Many already have all lvl 10 on NA and EU as is.

Before I go sleep with all that shitstorm:

what can be done easily is to activate OCD and OAM on HWS Sanctuary too. Sure. Same as it was with HWS EU PvE. But there is no way to merge OCDs cross server wise. Imagine you will overwrite your OCDs from NA to EU or what ever.
So you have then a third OCD so to speak to fill till its maximum. And a third OAM.
That can be done and would then even boost the value of it - since we have still some OCD nerf hater and general hoarders!?

So this is easy - I uncomment the code in HWS Connect and map to the new IP, done.

Penthouses will be in the main universe for promo.

And CSW… CSW got improved a LOT. But again, I repeat: test it NOW and let us know!
Only thing what changed game wise, not CSW wise is that CSW has now a fuel and o2 cost! Technically it is a BIG feature, so some call it feature.
So after a CSW warp you have zero in your tanks. Again some call it CSW cost feature (warping cost 25 pentaxid), some call it bug.

Good night for now

1 Like

One current problem with CSW is that when you warp it completely resets all control panel groupings and removes all set signal logic. Any chance of resolving this?

Having to spend 30+ minutes setting them back up every time is a big turn off on using CSW

1 Like

Oh well that’s an interesting thing I had not noticed before that deserves lots of testing. Is this reproducible?

@RexXxuS - one issue I have with OAMs on each server is that fat cats will be placing OAMs on all three servers and piling in the goods. I suppose the could do that now also with the two servers so perhaps one more isn’t an issue - but something to consider.

Otherwise, great update. Socializing this will pull in the best and worst feedback. Not everyone can be happy; but doing nothing will make everyone unhappy. It’s a journey!!

Let’s stay positive everyone - all of this is being done for YOU, and if you feel otherwise, perhaps you don’t represent as big of a demographic as you think you may – your feedback is still important, however, as we can’t think of everything.

Thanks all!!

2 Likes

Forgot about that, but this is a game limitation when a ship is restored.

Looking forward to the future, great work HWS team!

*Mild disappointment on the Class 3 though, back to the shipyard i guess (was kinda hoping playfield changes and “see how it goes” before size reduction was implemented though :frowning:

I do want to however post in some “talking points” for the new universe…some are being worked on already as mentioned elsewhere and will likely prove invalid with the wipe, but listing just in case…

• Hunter Board - Hardly viable solution to gaining RP… barely anyone is guilty and is definitely NOT active enough to generate a reliable source of RP. Most days you will only see 4 -5 names on it, hell usually half of those are in PVE areas or offline 90% of the time. This should be a BONUS RP generation mechanism at best.

• MOBA HV… COMPLETELY worthless… info says Gold meteorites, ONLY drops Iron. The terrain is so frustrating with the whole planet covered in “pot holes” yet, HV’s are the only vehicle allowed and a Class 1 CV to bring it there. I’m sorry, but for the COMPLETE frustration of having to maneuver an HV on that planet and getting stuck every 5-10 seconds on another pothole, its just not worth it… There is ONE gold deposit… size i saw was 2700’ish… um… really? THAT is just way to small, and first person gets it, rest of it will just leave… oh yeah… its also directly adjacent to a nasty POI to boot. Why dig for 20 mins to have 1 meteorites worth of gold… playfield needs serious re-balance… and get rid of the ridiculous terrain… HV’s are already pain to operate on most terrains, this planet is the WORST for them!

• POI’s are the least rewarding thing so far. Last night for example, myself and 3 faction members raided one. Took about 2-3 hours in all… what we got… hum… 1 epic sniper (what, 50k or something from EGS gun vendor and random what you evern get?), 2 AM cores, divided between 4 people…really?? Oh wait… there is more… Alien containers of all colors, red, white, purple … all that… JUNK… few turrets, 12… yes TWELVE gold bars, and other stupid tid-bits. Common containers contain… wait for it… Crushed stone ore, sathium, cable components, pipes, worthless stuff… and all in the 5-10 quantities. In short… NOT worth the time at this moment.

• Trinity Nebula Space… STUPID insane temp… this needs a serious reduction… hell with full 4 boosters you get what… +12 heat? how is 932 degrees even relevant here… hell everyone would still suffer if the temp was 125… why need for 900ish? Literally you get about 2 seconds before heatstroke and bottled water is the only thing to save you… STILL take damage even then. 5 seconds… definitely hurt and likely to die… 10 seconds… dead for sure. Overkill on the environment thing here guys.

• MANY playfields missing key information in the details tab of the map. You will ONLY see them when in that playfield currently. Ok sure… once i go there, i discover the details, i can live with that. But then when i leave… its not like the dog ate my homework with all the “notes” with the details on that playfield just disappeared? Sure this is still a work in progress but if it was simply over looked… now you know.

• Blackhole - open it back up to rest of the universe, put some killer reward (see not about POIs above on rewards given currently) and 1 - 2 challenging POI’s and good. The current problem is… its ONLY accessible from starter worlds… and even if you go there… you have 24 hours only before, BAMM… implosion and wipe. So you might only get a few hours to farm before never going back to it… Not the kind of reward “detour” id make leaving starter. It could be great again if you tweaked it some.

• Rep Generation… this really is a HUGE bottleneck for many people now. Guardians, oh boy, talk about screwed, ONLY Pirate and Hunterboard gives it, as getting the "containers from POI’s is not really possible, 1 box maybe, for 3-4 people to split for 2-3 hours on a POI? hum… swing that balance hammer please.

• Guilty - can we PLEASE get clear definition (maybe guide) on what makes (pirates/hunters in particular - they seem to kill with impunity and hardly ever see them on the boards) a person guilty?

Bugs:

• Furnaces…when powered off… you STILL get heatstroke!

• Trying to use HV drills after they have been destroyed say by a POI will result in constant Click or Continue errors. Also, Drill Mode is no longer displayed, even after replacing them manually back on the HV.

3 Likes

Thanks for all those infos!

We will see what we can do about it. Maybe the devs can get us a help there so that we can restore all of those data.

1 Like

All good points Pumpula especially…

Agree on this point but not because of the rewards inside, but for the fact that the npc in game are way overpowered and out of balance currently. They need to take them off of automatic headshots and have them fire at center mass if they are going to be giving them advanced weaponry. Getting 1 shot over and over again by shotgunners gets old quick.

Very much agree with this point 100% in the current build there is nothing to fight over in space. Also have not seen any of the new drones and freighter ships that were put into the game for 6.0. We search every orbit daily and rarely encounter anything.

You can disable the constant popup click or continue window by opening your console and unchecking the box at the top.

Would we need to level our characters a second time in order to be 25 in the sanctuary? As to the fuel comment it’s possible to just drain your tanks before using it so it’s more of a nuisance than any kind of tangible cost.

My concern is with CSW. I tried using it today and it put me 9km away from my ship. If I decided to space walk to my ship it would leave me traveling at the speed of snail while EVAing and would probably end up taking me close to 30 minutes of travel to get to my ship. Unfortunately, if you don’t make your faction on the other server before using CSW it makes your ship public but luckily I was doing CSW with a friend and I made his ship my home and did destroyme. After doing destroyme it launched me 1500AU to the edge of the universe where only Event Horizon had traveled and kicked me from the server. I was stuck at the load screen for 10 minutes where upon sucessfully logging in I was rewarded with a second kick from server. I Waited another 10 minutes stuck at the load screen after which I was able to quickly do another destroyme. It took another 5-10 minutes of load screen waiting for the spawning options screen; I was able to finally spawn back in the CSW zone where I ended up just waiting to be picked up. It is for reasons such as this that I am very reluctant to use CSW multiple times on a daily basis.

Finally is there anyway to retain the ships named groupings for CSW? I name ALL my components and their locations so that I know where I lose something in PvP and it is just not feasible to rename them all each time you CSW.

1 Like

I have never used the CSW, so please excuse my questions and lack of knowledge! I see the component naming has been mentioned as not transferable currently, are there other customisations that also not transfer? ie: signals/switches, LCD screens, turret targeting etc?

Turret target transfers. Where is it mentioned that groupings are not transferable?

It’s not! I am just asking some questions that I personally do not know the answers to (as I have not used the CSW yet).

lol I wasn’t calling you a liar, I was curious if it was listed somewhere but I just missed it.

krazzykids post above