HWS pre 7th July update!

Sorry if this is repeated but what time does the server reset ? Est?

Ive heard July 6th at midnight, is this true?

@RexXxuS Please check my chara logs. Last time I CSW from NA to EU and back I lost 39 rep. It’s also
the same time I noticed the bug I reported.

Everyone received the 3rd OAM and OCD. So that precludes it from being compensation to planet owners
who had the physical and in game values of their planets reduced. Compensation for planet owners would be
something only they would receive for their monetary commitment to HWS. Perhaps reverting these planets to
the previous resources available would be just compensation. A one resource rock on a storage server is not
what anyone expected when they donated.

@Niewitch I don’t have many issues since I upgraded to a new gaming rig. I continue to smash when
others lose connection. This indicates that these issues many experience are a result of their PC not
the server. Colin2Coldd will verify this as he uses my new rig when I’m not. In fact the only playfields
I have issues in is Home world. Most likely from the amount of BA and CV parked out in deep space
while other playfields sit empty.

The last good size fight I was in was on EU last week. Around a dozen CV smashing it out. People lost
connections or lagged out. My only issue was turrets weren’t firing. mcprouty explained it was at the limit.
I moved around with very little to no lag. Another indication that many issues are a result of player PCs and
not the server.

@ everyone. Is placing all the best PvPers and Player Factions on a deserted server really a good idea?
You think we will be there fighting each other? These factions are more likely to unite and share resources
to wage war on the EU and NA servers. You people who pushed for this because you didn’t have a donor
planet have just created Rome.

Then bring on rome and we will bring Odoacer!

If it is a similar weird issue as here then we see what was it / refund

But test it now again. I had no problem anymore.

In theory everyone but I don’t think that everyone would use it that often than you will.
Maybe we can boost the resource quantity for planet option 1 again. The meta will change a lot. Not sure yet.
Changes don’t are always nerfs. So stay tuned.

Can it be that you didn’t fully understand what the third server really stands for? Since I am reading “fighting” I am wondering.
The only fight which can happen on Sanctuary are the PvP orbits around the planets itself. Everything else is PvE or whatever the donator planet guys chosen.

Anyways since the Sanctuary is quite special we can make an exception of sharing the map. Here is a pre-version of it so you get the idea.

1 Like

My question of would the people who live in Sanctuary be fighting each other was rhetorical. It was
meant to highlight the fact we will more likely unite into an alliance of Sanctuary Factions that farm
the NA/EU servers for loot. Already each server has these powerful faction alliances, who occasionally
bump heads. Now we are together on the same server with two servers to pillage. Admin Achilles
suggested the servers needed an alien invasion so that’s how we will play it.

I may have spoken too soon on the resource availability of donor planets. I don’t want to go
back to the way it was. Perhaps the solution is a compromise. For example could a PvE
planet remain at 3 deposits but allow them to be multiple resource types. Too much is far worse for the
server than too little.

Man I freaked out when I saw like 4 of those spider things on our salvage. They are intimidating as fuck. It felt like a horror sci-fi scene come to life. Admittedly they are not very well designed with pvp in mind, though they are certainly 10/10 for unique looks and the intimidation factor is maximum. The other two ships you guys had, while generic looking, were definitely pvp ships. I can’t complain about generic looking as I named mine blocky as it’s literally a block.

2 Likes

It’s taking me a long time to get mine to class three I already stripped 50k iron and 10 devices and it is still not there.

Colin has been working on one as well. Those CV are from old show called Babylon 5. Actually a few designs
running around based on that show.

I want to see dat Sanc-Ally… Rly interesting.

All SWP summon popcorn xD

Totally with you here! I started a space POI with gravity traps, but unfortunately found that the jet pack nullifies gravity generators (just switch on and fly around irrespective of gravity). It is a real shame as there is sooo much that could be done creatively with gravity in space!

Heh that’s not a problem :smile: Jetpack make’s you move slower than falling with gravity. Also the problem with jet packs is that they could lift up from the ground and skip part of the course :stuck_out_tongue: soooo you just make the space poi like a wreckage where there is huge space in between, then have invulnerable turrets aiming at the course and barricades that protect you from their fire as long as you are following the correct path.

If you need to switch gravity to go onto the ceiling (or wall’s) you can make the distance between the 2 platforms short enough so that when falling with gravity the turrets don’t have enough time to react and start shooting, but if you activate jetpack and try manually fly across it’ll take too long and you’l get shot down :grimacing:: .

Some cool things you can do to amp it up a bit is is set pressure switch traps that pull down shutter doors that where previously acting as barricades or maybe super high grav areas where a tiny step in the floor can kill you xD yea… iv been thinking about this idea for awhile but haven’t had the chance to try build one yet.

1 Like

They tested well in experimental - I still think they’d do well outside of lag-central homeworld. They do look great! PvP wise we beefed up the middle and moved turret distractions to ends of the arms whilst also spreading out our own turrets and guns. Think it was the telepath that let us down on this occasion. Human sympathiser probably. Loved that show :slight_smile:

We’ve class 3’d it and our other main fighting ship - you’ll have to wait to see that gem. Staying away from that blocky design you seem to favour - at least for now.

2 Likes

What do you mean by “you smell prefab 6”?

Works fine for me, with the exception of device groupings and signals lost.

I did. A long time before you, and I was one of the ones suggesting the change. The planet was not meant to be a superweapon. It was meant to be a unique benefit for those who helped the server. If all donor planets are reduced in resources while at the same time the universe resource accessibility is reduced, then this is not a degradation of value. It is an adjustment. If it is moved to the other side of a CSW, where the CSW zone in NA has ocd access (which it does) and csw takes no warp fuel (which it doesnt) then you functionally have OCD. Especially with the ability to get an OCD in the sanctuary system, for local easy access storage. And you know as well as I do that donor planets are as a whole a repository of the most unused structures in the server. Bases that are visited occasionally, and trophy ships that havent been broken down yet. Why load down the server that is handling your PVP, with the things you dont need THERE for pvp?

Oh and as to [quote=“Mattcore37k, post:132, topic:6238”]
Nowhere at
the time of purchase did it state your planet could be altered or even moved to a different server.
[/quote]

3 Likes

I figured you’d show up sooner or later.

Lets talk about Your donor planet where the admins mistakenly allowed you to have the resources
that come with a PvP planet yet yours remained in PvE.

You had weeks to come forward with your Golden Ticket planet yet chose not to. Only after this was
discovered by another faction and posted in forums repeatedly did it change.

So now we are back to the issue of your integrity - You Have None.

" We may add or remove your favorite features / change the donation system. we cant please everyone"

This in no way implies a “donator package” can be altered once the donation was given.
What it implies is the system in which donations are accepted and rewards given can change.
It also implies donation packages can be changed but nowhere does it state it would be retroactive.

"But lets keep the dialogue open!"
Why does everyone seem to leave out that last part?

Final note when a donation is given in exchange for a planet. A player selects the server that planet is
to be located on. This specifically implies that planet will be located on that server.

I smell a troll.

1 Like

Imma say it one more time, then go back to ignoring this most recent avenue of douschebaggery and personal insult:
a) Auctoria is NOT a pve planet. It was requested to be a PVPVE rotation planet, open to the public for the purpose of hosting an event. As has been done in the past. If you were even remotely self aware, you would know that a faction that is allowed on a planet has no way of knowing that another faction cannot access it, unless they are told. To us, it just looked like it was functioning fine, with the exception of it missing some transitions on the weekend. The moment I found out that it was restricted, I requested it to be changed by @hopskotch. Somehow, it got swapped back. Again, when I found out, it was corrected. I dont have the ability to control the pvp rotation myself, so I am at the mercy of the manual process the admins have to perform to make this possible. And with all the mayhem, I saw that it was not a priority to pester them, because making it so people could connect to the server was. Insult my integrity all you want little buddy (and btw I say that not as an insult to your physique as you keep assuming, but rather as a commentary on your behavior. As long as you behave like a petulant child, I will refer to you as such) There is nothing you can say that flies in the face of fact, and the experience of logical people who have actually worked with me, or had dealings with me in the past. I repeatedly pointed out that we did not mine, or place autominers on auctoria. Not one. So I dont know what benefit you think we gained, but you really need to find a new thing to cry wolf at. This one is becoming boring, and people see through it.

Ok moving on.
How does the phrase [quote=“Mattcore37k, post:162, topic:6238”]
We may add or remove your favorite features / change the donation system.
[/quote]

NOT mean that they can change or remove features? Seems to me that is EXACTLY what this says.

Also, no. You select a server where your player is. Similar to OCD donation or others. It doesnt say it will be there. It has been in the past, because this is a new concept. But besides device groupings being lost, there is absolutely no difference between your planet being a warp away from the rest of the server, and a warp through CSW from the rest of the server.

Parting word here before you gett all mattcore and spew bile all over this thread until it gets locked:

6 Likes