HWS RE Changelogs

• Battle Royale: replaced vehicles temporary with new ones from <@275654436062494731>
• Battle Royale: Modified Battle Royale Pyramid. More challenges once you enter. More challenges once you contested the zone… But it will be worth it…
• Increased Origin XP drop chance in Ultra Rare Alien Container and Stargate Mission Reward Token by a significant amount.

• increased DM events from 15 to 25 minutes

Server restart changelog - will take me a bit to inject it into the DB
• HWS Origin XP or HWS XP or HWS RP or whatever is now and forever HWS DNA. The next one that steals this name will get destroyed with my bugs knowledge.

Added Armageddon with a new or old… well, reactivated HWS Feature called CONQUER.
What is Armageddon?
Armageddon is a planet that rotates from PvE during Monday till Friday to PvP during Friday till Monday.
That means you can build peacefully (PvE) your fortress up during the week and test it against others (PvP) during the weekend!

Why bother?
On Armageddon there are 5 new big POIs called CONQUER. Your goal is to reach the core (within 10 meter) and execute the command EGS:CONQUER.
The POI will be then set to you and as reward for conquering this POI in that way, you get 1m credits and 10 HWS DNA. (so max. 5m credits and 50 HWS DNA are possible - every day [subject to change])
On top there is the HWS PvP Radar feature active during the weekend of course for additional rewards surviving on Armageddon.
Last but not least large Deposits might attract you at the very least - remember during the week it’s PvE.
You just have to ninja fly through the Black Hole in the Homeworld PvP System.

I was informed that some players are using actively (in PvP) illegal devices/turrets. Such as Augmented Plasma Turret (POI).
Any serious player should be alarmed when they see a “POI” in the name in the first place.
Yet, nobody told me that those blocks can be recycled and then used. :disappointed_relieved:

• I started to seize ships that exploited those blocks and forbid to store such blocks in the OCD (all will be removed from your OCD at the next full wipe) as well as forbid to recycle such blocks.

For transparency, those are the forbidden blocks for recycle (screenshot 1)
And those for OCD (screenshot 2)

If you find blocks missing in that list, let me know.

And before we do the annoying finger pointing again “but I didn’t know!!1!”: does not work.

For the thousands time: please report such blocks to me that are obviously not allowed for players to use. Not only the “POI” in the name but overpowered stats should cause cold guilty sweat at your skin when using them nevertheless - especially in PvP :man_facepalming:
You see the screenshots and what it means to maintain those IDs manually.
I rely on your courage / help to report such things to me.

1 Like

Server restart changelog in 1 hour
• applied latest RE update (fixing collider stuff)

Server restart changelog at 0:00
• activated EGS Stealth again. Will observe how it goes the next weeks . . .
• added entrance warning to Phoenix about the implosion…
• improved performance of Homeworld planet by forcing a 100% CPU priority on that playfield. Per default the CPU is shared to up to 3 more playfields. That way the other playfields are also not impacted by whatever on Homeworld happens - in terms of CPU.
The network code still is global though and I can’t change this. Having a fight there with over 1350 entities (rocket projectiles in the air flying around, getting synced by everyone in approx.) will throttle everything more or less down.

Server restart changelog
• applied RE patch about “too lout Fusion Reactor”:

The consequence: you are in a queue again, cause the bundle needs to be redownloaded…

Server restart changelog
• Fixed Prism Personal Container exploit.

I let this exploit going on for too long unfortunately. On the other hand it showed me who is an exploiter and couldn’t resist.
I had the luxury to delay the fix, because I have the coordinate logs clearly in front of me and can see who used the exploit and how often and teleporting myself to those coordinates today, to check how and where they did it.
It still did cost me over 2 hours by checking the logs of every player that was at that spot. (more than 30 players out of 5 factions)

While it was an incredible waste of time, it was kinda funny/interesting how it developed over time and how often some players actually did it.
I can see who found out about it first… then he spread it a bit… then more and more tested it… then other faction got to know about it - intentionally or not… then the greed consumed the brain and they continued even via CSW for exploit².
And while some players resisted at the beginning, at the end everybody of my list was “nah, I don’t care, let’s take this shortcut”.
And while I understand that you have to destroy some turrets to be able to do that, exploit is an exploit.

Morale of the story and important takeaways:
**A) **Do NOT exploit / cheat! I WILL catch you! Sooner or later!
B) In the end you gained absolutely nothing! Over the next days I will remove all the gold/credits/HWS DNA those players took by that exploit away from them, one by one + a fee of my invaluable time they trashed + a fee of real financial business damage they caused for interrupting my preparation work for the next season.
**C) **If one of those player do any shady stuff in the future, I will not hide their names anymore but instead blame and shame them and their faction in the public, so that the faction owner can sort those players out.
**D) **I value fair play on HWS very very high as you can see with that time investment! (sorry for the fair play guys, that have to suffer, cause I couldn’t work on content in the meantime)!

Server restart changelog
Doing a maintenance restart
• fixing some playfield descriptions (Class 3 SV/HV)
• fixing CVs can land on GG and HW
• changing the 7th Star Fragment to PvP as a test (the Star Fragment itself still emits a PvE Zone around it)
• injecting new playfields into the database

Server restart changelog
• improved HWS Logistics. You can now color your Container / LCDs as you wish and it still works now.

Server restart changelog
• applied latest RE patch:

As you can read: the crew limit is now properly enforced as intended

Server restart changelog
• implemented new patch property “DialogueState” for the HWS Logistics feature. :smirk:
No need for the PDA workaround anymore.
Note: dismantle the HWS Logistic Terminal and replace it to make use of it!

Server restart changelog
• Activated all available Stargate Missions again

• updated almost all of them
  • added Secret Tokens that give special loot for solving special puzzles / find hidden stuff
  • increased reward via Reward Tokens (note: reason why some players blamed this was, that they ignored the fact, that part of the reward is also that your player credits are increased. This is rather a sneaky reward but a reward nevertheless)
  • fixed some issues on some missions.
    If something is not working plz let me know in <#1048599970741223475>

Next Server restart changelog
• applied latest RE patch:

Next Server restart changelog
• improved EGS Conquer feature, so everyone that are near the core (~10 meter) and leader typing the egs:conquer command will get the reward now, not only the leader

Early next season info

• Heavy Beam Laser Turrets will be removed from OCDs (not many had them in their OCD anyways) because they got removed from RE in general. Cleaning up legacy so to speak.
  • Reminder that you can drop a feedback about the OCD categories here <#1048599970741223475> . I’m not sure yet if I will activate them for the next season or when RE 2.0 is coming out but it might be a bigger change to clean up some legacy as well and align it better to RE standards (aka inflation)

Server restart changelog

HWS RE New Season

on 15th July, in good 1 week, we start a new season of HWS RE!
In preparation for that here are some news for you:

• I just activated the possibility for you to use OCD and EGS Recycle globally
  • There is a 15% discount running if you would like to support us in what we do and keep HWS running with our monthly server costs of $1500+. See more here <#1055144334619582504>
  • If you are new: you can keep almost all items in your Orbital Cargo Drone (OCD). A virtual container so to speak you can access over your smartphone/web browser here:
    https://connect.hws.global

New HWS RE season content

Apart from the new content you get from RE and vanilla that requires a full wipe, I add my own content or balance changes on top for you to keep things interesting:

• Increasing Faction Base Count from 5 to 7 in almost all PvP Playfields
  • Reworking the Homeworld Planet to a better PvP experience. By adding flat terrain and adding a new version of crust layer resources
  • Reworking Golden Globe a bit for more incentives to fight over it
  • Reworking Phoenix to make it the absolute end-game challenge, you can’t compete alone. If it gets popular I’ll add it also for PvE next season.
  • Finally getting Garage ships back, since I got few in queue
  • Some Event changes
  • Currently working on a new Patreon content DLC (see screenshot): a HWS PC. (also for HWS+ later)
    With this you can access easily more HWS Features and content such as HWS Connect, EGS Web and Darkweb (HWS+), manage your PvPTokens, OCDTickets (global OCD usage) and more.
    Thanks to our Patreons giving me this opportunity to add more content for everyone into the game!

New HWS RE 1.10 season changes

Follow up from above changelog:

• Faction limits: once server is live I can do it

• Homeworld Planet: You have 3 resources as crust layer: Copper, Promethium and Gold. Why Copper and Promethium? Read below!

• Golden Globe got more Gold

• Phoenix: Added new Ultra Difficult POI: The Phoenix. Don’t try alone.

• Phoenix: Changed The Prism Personal Container Loot. I observed the Phoenix interaction the last seasons very closely and the Personal Container, both POIs got just abused by A) few veterans making them and then pushing new/alt accounts with their loot. B) No PvP done partialy because of A).
    So I boosted the loot but removed the Personal Container from the Prism at least.
    Made it also a bit more spicy…

• The Sphere: Boosted the Personal Container Loot BUT it is now a Sister-POI-System. The final bonus special loot can only be gathere by completing The Prism (Community feedback)

• Garage Ships: once the server is live I’ll add 2 new Garage ships. To be announced.

• Event changes to be done the next days

• New Patreon Content DLC: I’m almost ready but need bit more time with the Unity <> Blender <> Empyrion pipeline

• Removed finally unintended PvP playfields like Maveth Sector and the Sphere Observations

• Pimped Star Fragment Defense POIs a bit

• Increased Unlock Points in the HWS Connect Skill Tree you can get.

• NEW RE Economy System: similar like in HWS+, I will change 1-2 random resources every season in terms of their usage (crafting recipe, blueprint factory, etc…)
    We start with Copper and Promethium this season:
    So to craft 10 Copper Ingots you now need 10 Copper Ore instead of previously 5.
    And to get 10 Promethium Pellets you now need 2 Promethium Ore instead of previously 1.
    With this system we not only de-dust our OCDs but also give Homeworld (PvP) a better incentive and new players a little challenge on HWS they didn’t have in Singleplayer or elsewhere.
    It’s a prototype and I’ll listen to your feedback as always here <#1048599970741223475>