HWS (RexXxuS & Jascha) AMA (Ask me anything) | Saturday 6-8pm

It would be a good move indeed.
All that limit stuff came after MP became a thing in Empyrion. Wasn’t worth thinking about before.

Problem: if we would make it “good” and limit stuff, players coming from other servers / Singleplayer couldn’t use their shiny workshop ships and rage quit.
They always come with “you killed creativity”.
Bit tricky…

Alright @everyone

Our first HWS AMA is over! 200 posts is crazy and thanks a lot!

We hope we could enlighten you about some special questions :wink:

You can of course still ask but we answer if time allows. This AMA already was 2 hours long.

Thanks again and we hope you enjoy your stay on HWS!
Good evening!

4 Likes

changed a bit but as Churchill said:
“Never in the field of human Games was so much owed by so many to so few.”

We I do agree t hat it could limit creativity that might take some tinkering but maybe the tying the gen type to engine type would help for the pvp aspect. Also from my experimentation 32XL thrusters are 4 times the trust needed for any class 7 CV. :grin:

Hmm is it me, or is it wierd that Gareth(The police) is guilty :laughing:

1 Like

figures xD

One of best things on HWS so far for me is Monolith, it brings so many questions. I think we should be able to investigate and reproduce this ancient technology to make it more usefull. Build our own Monolit on donator planets, generaly on all planets we want to to connect. If we lets say donate resources in large amount.

Such donation of resources in large amounts opens even more possibilities like opening special Origin Ships, simple something larger groups like Origins can cooperate on.

Is something like that planed? Is Jascha happy about reading this? Is Jascha offspring of long time gone Titans?

2 Likes

Maybe have a round like this every 3rd month or 6th? could be nice =D

Have a nice saturday

1 Like

I agree for me transparency works. Time to time ppl are asking, speculating blaming etc. this helps a lot.
And when its less serious its fun :smiley:

1 Like

@RexXxuS
@Jascha
I didn’t get to ask any questions because I am in a difficult timezone/slept in:(

I just have two:

Q1. When starting a new season, do you watch what major pvp factions are doing, is there any sort of internal process where you go “Oh hey this is killing pvp, lets nerf/adjust what they are abusing”

Q2. Another community used it’s donations to “buy” a server outright, and then had someone in Canada (who had fiberoptic connection) host the boxes, while it wouldn’t work with NA, have you thought about doing that for EU (being that you guys live in germany/EU)? Short term costs are immense, but long term it is cheaper?

@RexXxuS @Jascha

Yes I’m doing this but mostly I wait for the whole community and how it settles along them.
If I change stuff right away then, it will mostly end in salty wars as happened in the past.
There are exceptions though if I overlooked something completely — like using the filler tool up to the sky as last season for example.

2 years ago I also thought about doing this. Owning a server is cool, right? You have full control and stuff?
Nope. It’s not good at all in my opinion. Like the questions: buy a house or live on rent.
If something is your property you have to watch out for it. You have to be available for it. You are responsible for it. A mistake and you have big issues. You can’t sleep. etc.
The more a human owns, the more he can lose, you know?
Renting hardware here and there is easy and if the server rack burns? I don’t care. Just switching the host.
In the end even less money maybe. Depends for me too much on luck.
That is my opinion.