HWS Support Us Sale | HWS 10.X Pre-Info-Teaser

Simple,
If the SV has enough thrust to lift a HV then it has enough thrust to lift a HV. Thrust is thrust. Why should it have to come from a CV just to be acceptable? X amount of thrust is the same no matter where it comes from.

4 Likes

Well the Empyrion sv’s and helicopters are more like bees because they can fly in either direction and hover at the same time. But the planes your talking about are a particular type of ship. Like the fighter you mentioned; its main purpose is moving forward fast but very limited in any other direction. I think they have some hoverability buts thats mainly for taking off or landing.

1 Like

Thats a good point, but whats next, svs docking to svs? We have a spawn bp for that so why even bother carrying them in?

Makes sense. I would love be able to have ready to use ships with ammo, pent, and fuel, and transport them to a playfield to use or for an ally to use. Why shouldn’t a sv be able to carry another sv thats about the same size? I don’t see a logical argument against it.

I’m sure the more active sv pvp players would love to have sv’s they can dock on their sv’s to transport wherever they want for eas of use and have them already with ammo, pent, and fuel.

Hopefully one day, we won’t just be able to spawn stuff in. It’s make PvP more interesting if you had to leave the fight to get new vessels everytime. That’d mean if you die too fast, enemy has an advantage.

1 Like

Why not? Would people being able to carry a SV with a SV somehow ruin the game for you?
Hell, I would even take it a step further and allow anything to sock to anything! If I build a HV strong enough to carry a CV on it’s back then why shouldn’t I be able to do so? How does it hurt you in the slightest?

Another popular game (space engineers) allows anything to dock to anything AND they use realistic physics. I can do all of the above in that game (while using realistic physics modeled after Earth physics, mind you.)

What’s the real problem here?

1 Like

Why do you need it so much?

But this is empyrion not space engineers we dont need everything from that game otherwise why play empyrion if they both play the same?

Now you are doing nothing but arguing for the sake of arguing, and I won’t have any of it.
You aren’t using logic here at all but are just looking to turn your nose up to everything. Bye. I won’t be responding to you.

Try reading and really comprehending what I said. This isn’t about making one game exactly like another, not at all. It’s about logic.

4 Likes

‘How does it hurt you?’ is a useless question, it doesn’t hurt me but just because it doesn’t hurt me doesn’t mean that i have to like it or agree with it which is why i was posting about it. However asking why you want it is valid, you could have asked why i dont want it.

If we have everything the same from space engineers then what is the point in playing empyrion? It was a perfectly valid question and it was logical, you just didn’t like it as it didn’t help you make your point. This isn’t space engineers so i don’t really care what they do there period.

I did and you didn’t answer. “Why not?”

As I said already, this isn’t about making one game like another at all. This is about gameplay options. Allowing more docking options doesn’t take anything away from your gameplay at all and it only improves the gameplay for others.
You’ve already established that it doesn’t hurt you, so why are you so against more options for players?

People have to build a SV specifically to be able to handle carrying a HV. This is going to take up one of their max allowed structures. This vessel still has to work within the allowed max vessel size for the playfield as well. This already prevents people from carrying a max size HV with their SV simply because a SV capable of doing so would probably be over size limit. On top of that vessels docked to another vessel have no shield protection unless they are enclosed (as of 10.5), which again would make the SV most likely over limit.
So we’ve established this probably won’t have any negative impact on PvP for starters as well.

I was hoping this would be the case.

No we have not, we have just listened to your views on it.
The reason why i am against this is because it will render cv’s almost useless and excluded from planets when they should always have a place there (maybe not every planet without restrictions like the 150 block limit). Dr dark made a good point though

However i still feel cv’s should be allowed planet side for pvp ro allow for different strategies.
I was quite happy to leave the conversation there. I dont care about other games, nor if a sv could actually carry hv, my original point was on the bs of realism suddenly being lost with this decision and sure to some extent it is but Irsael made some great points there too how it isnt. Im done with this topic, thanx to all of you who contributed.

1 Like

So to add another question, will the drill count go back to Vanilla as well?

Also are garage ships going to need to be redone to fit back into the HWS Config with the weapon limitations being lowered?

Yep, totally realistic: https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/images/c-5_825927.jpg

1 Like

@Everyone who wants overlimit weapons: It is causing lag and extra load on the servers. Rexxus is reverting that to improve performance, for everyone. Or do you like lagshots that much?

1 Like

So…I’m like 80% sure Snowman is just trolling or trying to anyways. But in the event that he’s not, I’d just like to point out that the 82nd Airborne Division of the United States Army is well known for parachuting armored vehicles into combat zones. So in the context of Empyrion, docking an HV to an SV and dropping it on a playfield is like…500% more realistic than oh idk…taking laser drills to terraform planets, which is essentially what we’re doing when we mine things out. Also, what do you even constitute a “normal” plane? What does that even mean? There’s nothing normal about SVs in empyrion.

As far as these changes go, there really isn’t much of a need to create a poi to bring tanks onto planets once you block CVs from going onto them. You can just drive the HV to the planet as long as you line it up right. It’s not hard to do at all, no need to add more stuff to the server that may cause lag.

Also, RexXxus, while you’re making meteorites more valuable, can you also consider asteroids? They don’t really give out much =___= And glad to see you’re getting rid of the whole sandwhich thing on planets, I always thought that was a major annoyance, and not very fun. I enjoy having parts of my base underground.

So does this means class 5 CV in GG black hole again?

3 Likes

I would like to see the drills on garage ships reduced but still go over limit. I feel the large amount causes enough lag as it is. I know rex increased their power awhile ago but with the amount on ships + that strenght change it caused tons of lag. I wonder if he could revisit the idea of strengthing the drills while reducing the limits on garage ships to potentially get a better optimized drilling experience.

Doesn’t this seem counter-productive though? We all just built garage ships with the idea that they would be future proof, for the next few updates at least, so many will be rendered useless IMO.

Good question!

Drills go back to vanilla as well but no worry, I try to adapt the damage as good as I can. If necessary the output.

I talked with Ju and the current Garage ships will stay like they are. “Legacy Range” is back.
All new submitted Garage ships fall under the “+2 overlimit” again. So 4+2 = 6 instead of 8 now.

1 Like

So all “older” garage ships will be the PvP meta. Nice!

/s

1 Like

In its nature I can’t buff them in the quality output.
With the Meteorites I just meant the quantity and overall distribution.

I see if I can do a trick with Asteroids. The one I did in Black Hole.

GG = Class 1
Blac Hole = 5 - to make it consistent of other PvP spaces.

If the community liked the Class 1 in Black Hole, we can keep it though.

5 Likes