HWS Weapon Config Review/Tips/Tricks

I lost my 4.5 class ring CV in under 5 minutes. They are destroying people in CV’s on NA. My CV didn’t take a lot of damage you are correct… but even though it was a triple hull with shuttered windows etc and spaced armor. The warp drive was destroyed (Rear of the ship) in the first 3 minutes and the core (Which was in another location) the next minute. Worth noting they used two SV’s in the fight and a CV to soak damage.

Also the trick to the ‘lag shot’ everyone is complaining about is to tie in a macro fire. Not sure what the difference is but it seems to increase lag shots.

A slower rate of fire would generate less stress on the server and clients over all but the faster projectile speed would increase the chances of that shot causing a lag shot if performance was already suffering. Macro fire is something I didn’t consider but just thinking about it, generating all of those projectiles at once could potentially cause a temporary sharp increase in server load which could increase lag shot chance.

Time to increase homing rocket damage and give pulse lasers another purpose?

1 Like

I’ll admit i quite like the current meta myself. Sure it has issues with lagshots/cockpit shots and such, and its become clear that we cant design our ships to be 100% laser-proof but at least ships go down in the current meta. Before an SV fight would take FOREVER and would have no variation. At least now different weapons have different purposes.

Just my two cents.
Best regards,
Wise.

1 Like

Going back to automissiles will make hws like vanilla.
Actually i am experiencing the most fun sv fights i ever had.
Now skill matter.

I must say Paxxo your ship is awesome, it flies circles around mine haha!

It was a great fight we all had the other day! I’m amazed i managed to recore my ship and fly out of the swam of ships haha. GG! :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

1 Like