Important announcement: Enforcing the Class limits!

It’s been class 4 for while .

I completely agree with the rules here. Class 4… fine, challenging but easy enough to build if you know what you are doing… god help the newbs or non ship builder types. Yes i would like to see class 5 but whatever. Yes its messed up that the game/server does prevent you from placing a block/device that would break the limit, kinda like when trying to add 5 artilary turrets or whatever.

However…

The thing I have a HUGE beef with is how this is being enforced. Yes, thanks for the 5 days of heads up. But… REALLY? 2 weeks or so after this will take effect we are expecting 6.0 anyways. So full wipe then yeah? WHY are we now being forced to do this mid-season, the sheer amount of time for many will be a huge put off and they will simply quit. Would it not be better to not ruin those folks week and simply wait an extra 2 weeks?

And no, I do not have any class 10 ships like this, some might need 10-20 mins of work but I was already ready for 5.0 when the new limits dropped. Its just sad that there are alot of things missing from the game that would make this kind of enforcement bearable.

-no god mode or other way to easily navigate inside ship in survival mode.
-no deconstruct or scrapping type of block yet (only been asking for that one forever) This would make it easy… BP, go to creative, fix, eat the existing ship, spawn in new one, easy for those folks that are close to class 4
-no repair to blueprint block… hell this is even better, simply let the game reconfigure the ship to what it should be based off the bp… no having to find missing pieces or try and find that those last 2 lights you placed somewhere inside a 20k block ship
-oh yeah… 6.0 is coming… WTF, WHY?

Ok, done scratching my head on this one. Best of luck to those folks that went for class 10 after spawning in BP’s or have legacy ships!

2 Likes

As you might know we are working with Eleon together and we know it won’t be just 2-3 weeks till 6.0. So we can’t allow more and more stuff to bring the server down even more.

Sure it isn’t cool to hardcore use your Multitool but what you have created with clicks you can also remove with clicks. I know a feature like this is requested and all we can do is to ping the devs about it regularly. It will come for sure - just a matter of time.

So again:

Performance is the crucial thing for HWS beside all we offer else. So this is needed. No merci.

Only thing we can discuss is to to give in edge cases a blanket resource pack for those Class 4 breaker.

ok now that makes more sense… saw in another thread you mentioned 2-3 week and that was like a week ago so…

Understood… as i said… i do agree with the rule, wish it was class 5 though hehe, and really doent mean too much for me personally, others…hate to be them :slight_smile:[quote=“RexXxuS, post:25, topic:4564”]

I know a feature like this is requested and all we can do is to ping the devs about it regularly.
[/quote]

glad to hear this is still being brought up to them… just wish they would HURRY UP!!! :smile:

1 Like

I wish lights werent counted so heavily. I hate riding around in CV’s with no lights. With the new lighting effects its too dark at night anyway and now i gotta strip lights out of my CV… :cry:

Don’t think anyone cares what happens to your cheater mobile, it’s more your QQing being about the rules that have been in place for some time, but actively ignored.

2 Likes

All I’ll say is in my opinion the class limit DEFINITELY needs to be upped to at least class 5, 6 would be better, but I could probably manage to ‘live’ with 5.

I doubt anyone really knew before the 5.2 patch went live what a good class restriction was and class 4 was just sort of randomly chosen. Now that we’ve had it for a while and I’ve been pushing the class 4 limit on everything I’ve been building I can speak on it with a lot more knowledge.

As of right now here are the facts:

• You can get roughly ~15k square blocks, 200 devices, and 0 lights before you hit the high end limit of class 4
  • Adding just another 200 devices (no lights or blocks) to the above design will shoot you all the way up to class 6!
  • Don’t even think about using more than a few curved blocks, you stick with squares and switch to slopes or pyramids when you don’t need a flat side. Keep your designs pure spartan minimalist.
  • Don’t even think of using a CV off steam workshop. 99% of them are all above class 4. I’ve even seen ones as small as 3k blocks that were class 5.
  • There is currently no replaceblocks tool in creative to convert squares to pyramids, so you pretty much have to start over from scratch. No one is going to manually pop and replace +10-15k square blocks to any of their existing designs.
  • Grow lights are double counted as both devices and lights. So you really get punished for having a farm.
  • Compared to the previous 20k block limit and 500 devices of the previous patch (let’s just pretend no one uses lights for now), the current class 4 is removing 60% of your device count. This isn’t like you’re asking us to drop a few lights and decos for a performance tweak, it’s a massive effort to completely redesign all your ships from scratch
  • A single well designed class 4 ship that abides by all the new rules usually takes 2-4 weeks to build.
  • The previous class rules were easier to calculate, you knew you had a fixed amount of blocks and devices. No one wants to do the math to sit their and count tris multiply by .001 divide by 6 add to this other factor crap in some excel formula.
  • I’m betting most ppl right now cut their bps down to class 4, then go add in a few lights, windows, and decos afterwards which ups there’s to class 5 anyways.
  • While I agree you should probably delete all the massive class 7-10 behemoths for sure, I can’t imagine that removing a total of maybe 1000 extra devices (which 99% aren’t even being rendered because everyone is hiding in deep space) from each playfield by removing class 5 CVs is going to provide some kind of massive performance gain.
  • I don’t even think this will help performance that much because ppl will still need to build farms, just now instead of building 1 ship with the farm included, they will just build a 2nd farm ship to get around it. So the playfield will still have the same # of devices, just less ppl will be using more cores before the playfield gets maxed out.
  • If you start limiting players to something like 3-4 cores total, I can pretty much guarantee you will see a mass exodus of the remaining players. I get it, the server has a really high pop, but why will they want to play on HWS when they can go to another lower population server where they could spawn a class 10 if they want? I mean let’s be honest, there’s literally no pirates left on NA, I’m pretty sure LBP, ZC, ACP all left. And there’s very little PvE to do right now as the current Alienworld just has turretless/lootless POIs with a few spawners. So really, what gameplay exists right now? With the super late wipe timers, black hole is all mined out as well by the time most ppl come on (yes I know it’s getting fixed for 6.0 but that doesn’t help right now)

Okay I think I’ve said enough. Hopefully you consider at least upping the BP limit 1 size at least :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah hope it helps the lag. This applies to donator planet bases also ?

There is a lot to read here, but i will give my two cents.

If you could prove this i would like to see video of 1v1 fights at size class 6, 5, 4 and even a class 3. Make note of the different frame rates in each fight.

In my testing that i have done i have seen frame rate improvements with smaller class size CV’s

I think your time is a bit high, It does suck building (I hope for double axis building soon) but here is a ship that took about 3 days (12hours playtime)
Steam Workshop::ixs-enterprise pretty close to max class 4.

I dont think a PVP CV is to ever have a farm or to be lived out of. Most factions will have a base CV or a Base in PVE for amenities. I dont see why your point cause more cores.

I would almost like to see something like this in effect, each player allowed 3 base cores, 3 HV’s, 3 SV’s, and 3 CV’s. Would limit massive HV turret spam on planets.

With the past few patches have brought increased lag shots and turret targeting have ran off the major factions, but do plan to return for 6.0 or when a patch makes PVP fun again. Its no fun to fight a battle while getting 5 fps then getting lagged shot core.

I would fight in a class 3 CV if it meant getting good FPS in a 4v4 fight. Anyway just my two cents.

3 Likes

Nonsense one is still able to build 20k block ships with class 3! In 5 hours…

Is there a limit based on block count? Or just class level? If my ship is over 20k blocks but under 5 is it safe?(specifically hoping for an admin answer)

Hi KaMaKaZi87! Im not an admin but the server rules/guide do specifficly say max 20k block limit on CV’S…

Structure Size: To reduce the lag and opportunity for bugs to happen if playing with too large structures HWS has imposed some limitations:

1.1 Globally a Class 4 blueprint restriction (up to 1000 devices14 and specific triangles / lights32)

1.2 20.000 Block limit to CVs

@Loke I appreciate the helpful nature of your comment. But, I asked specifically for admin because the initial post here is noting ships over class 4. I am asking for a clarification of the post. :slight_smile:

The post states “enforcing the class limits” If I have a ship that is still class 4 but over 20k. Will that also be removed when you enforce on Wednesday?

What is frustrating me more is all these peeps with class 5 are not saying anything here. Are they happy with this? STAND UP BE HEARD I say. or just like a post.

CHANT
We want Class 5
We want Class 5
We want Class 5

Translation:

WE WANT LAG WE WANT LAG WE WANT LAG…

no ty class 4 is plenty

The only reason you would need class 5 is if your enemy has class 5 so i don’t see the point unless you wana mine craft, but there is a pve server for that, the only reason i see class 5 might be nessessary is for storage base. But that too can be gotten around by building multiple bases right next to each other and turning it into a single base, you will just have to sacrifice a little more of your 7 cap for storage.

Also think of it this way, the lower the class the more pvp there will be on the server:

The resource generation stays the same but the cost of a maxed out pvp ship decreases, so people can affored alot more easily to pvp, if the class limit just keeps going up people will farm for weeks for 1 pvp ship that dies in 1 lag shot and then quits the game becuase farming for that long for a 5 second fight is not worth it… so yea class 4 is my vote :]

1 Like

4 class witout block number restriction or at least 25k blocks.

2 Likes

I dont get you “We want more than class 4” ppl. We managed to build class 3 ships that could easly put down most class 7 behemots (Was fun to salvage your lag ships ROK) Now my maxed out prototype is class 4. And its more than enough. You need to build ships smart not big. Other issue is bases they should be allowed to be little bigger. Reason is if you go wild on farming bases will rapidly grow.

1 Like

Ships everywhere. But see above. If Jascha can do it then we can customize it to have a bigger base.

Valid question. Since triangles are basically blocks and different blocks causing different lags we will skip the block count rule to simplify things. So only the Class is relevant.

3 Likes

Aren’t cores overall way down compared to just a few weeks ago? At least on NA most of the major active PVP groups have quit or gone much more inactive. It just feels awful that Eleon is ruining the game with the 5.3 patch and now HWS is telling me I need to spend hours getting rid of my class 6 home base CV (that was perfectly legal when I spawned it in). As far as my experience goes the game is ruined by Eleon’s problems, not server performance. Eleon and HWS are teaming up to try and get me to quit Empyrion it seems. It might work, I don’t know if I have it in me to do hours of drudgery for a game that can’t even function properly. :tired_face:

Is that a yes or a no about bases on donator ?