IMPORTANT - Please Read | HWS Universe Time machine

i have not issue with going to Class 3 as most of the main ships for the 47 Legion are class 2 or 3 and we only have one Class 4 that is the Normandy S2 and it take 111k or so Iron alone to make. we use it as our Flag ship. pretty sure we would not be crushed if we could not bring it out. also would just me a little more reduction to make it a class 3. as i reduced it from a class 6-7 to a 4 when we reduced on the server months ago.

there will always be people that complain about it. but there will always be other players that understand that there are limitations to the hard ware and that things will improve as the game moves through Alpha and in Beta and then Release.

well from what I’ve seen… Big companies such as Google and Facebook add more servers to receive all the load that they’re getting all around the world and they’re not getting rid of data to make up for it are they? So is the solution of adding more servers for HWS not viable? It costs $500 for one server now right? So is it possible to add another server making it $1,000 in total? Of course, we would all need to donate more money, so maybe offer a monthly donator subscription instead of lifetime?

How about make a poll for this and see how many people would be willing to support this server on a monthly basis? For it to keep growing bigger and better, more freely without having to compromise.

Xzyclypse, your idea would work if they are using server stacks and can just slot in another server Board and go. they are using a stand alone system to run the game. they would not be able to connect and run the systems at the same time. also those big companies have Massive Server Farms that are cooled with liquid nitrogen systems. pretty sure they can not afford that.

Like you said, class 3 and 4 is not much of a reduction, so why bother with it at all? If you’re going to keep downgrading it, let’s do a test with the current universe setup now and set all limitations to class 1 and see if that will improve anything?

it is not much of a reduction for us. as we have mostly lower class ships. but as a whole with the server. it would be a massive reduction in RAM usage as you would not have to store and access as much data for every ship. every block, light, or anything is more data. with 100+ people playing that will add up to a massive amount of data traffic reduction.

Ic, that was what I was wondering. I understand if they are being forced to use a stand alone system and if there’s no way to stack more. @Dralzen, I’m not able to reply, it says I have reached the limit and can only edit my existing posts.

ya, at 128 Gigs of RAM and a Quad Core 4 GHz CPU i think they are at the limits of the hardware and soft ware. do not want to know how much the RAM cost for 128 Gigs. the thing is as development progresses the game will be streamlined and improved. similar to how the up coming patch for ARK is going to streamline and speed up the game.

Important:

Donator planets
OCD
Virtual AM
Performance
Network/Connection stability
ECC/EGS - this is excellent what you created

Not so much:

Universe size
BH

Suggestions:

As much as it pains me to say, limit to class = 3. Spent much time on vessels in class = 4. But if it doesnt work for server - it doesnt work.

Yes, some will give up game, unfortunately. But, it may also encourage newer players who may be intimidated by the scale of class 4’s.

Cap at 150 and see how it goes. Fewer players also reduces demand on admins.

Scale back the universe. Fewer start planets, etc.

Comments:

All of you have done an amazing job with vision for 6.0. You deserve to take credit for being visionaries showing what could be. The problem is, the “game” is not ready to support your amazing imagination.

Scale back, put it on the shelf for a time until the game can catch up. Keep your head high and press on. The time will come.

2 month season = too short. Make it at least 3 months. Granted, prior server experience showed 2 months to be the sweet spot. However, keep in mind there is much more content and ‘housekeeping’ work required in current release. Everything takes longer - poi busting for example. Season needs to be longer.

1 Like

Guys for class 4 vs class 3 we can only guess thats the problem. I like math, graphs and numbers as they are clear. We can disscuss for hours but one test of 20 C3 on one playfield and 20 C4 on other playfield would tell us the result.

Anyway im fine with anything HWS will decide to do, we have all tools to keep us rich during all cataclysmatic events in universe.

1 Like

AS one of the oldest players on the server i am realy sorry for you Rexxxus, achilles, jascha and Hopskotch. You guys try realy hard to make my home a better place…I still place more hours here then with family…

What can we do…

Ships
1:Class 3: I am all for class 3 if needed.
1b: Remove the amount of guns you can have on a ship.so maybe instead of 34 guns you go down to 16. And no more then 4 of each. Smaller ships with less guns with help alot with the lag issues.
1c: Make more ships restricted planets. Maybe all planets have class 1 cv restriction. Class 1 is for landing hv or something.:

2:If wipe is needed please make it a simpler wipe with faster staretr and let us keep all that we have. Just wipe the systems / structures.

3:ESG zone is a great ide but remove the alien´s. No need for the server to calculate aliens.
3a: Keep the bank as is. People need to travel and thats good.
3b: Keep tradin for the same reason.
3c: Move the garage to space so we can buy and move ships. Good for universe when you sell ships.
3d:Keep the planet as simple as posible. Remove the other places and move it to the same place.

4:Moba space is a great ide.
4a: Maybe make it easier to travel to and from. Maybe open slot every second day.
4b: make space cold instead of hot. I think you guys made some planets and space hot just becouse you where drawing them when it was winter…

5: Missions… We all love them and they arnt bad for cpu i think.
5a: Maybe dubble upp the easy mission so they can be entered more often.
5b: Make missions for smaller groups.
5c: They are hard today. whatever you do dont make them harder.

6:AM,OCD, and everything works fine. keep it.

7:Donator planets
There are 18 planets now and i dont know if all are sold.

7b: Make all planet the same type. Use same for everyone and remove poi and mats from them.
Lets just call them private parking space. Thats what they should be. You park there but you go OUT and get stuff.
Remove core limit on them and taxes. Give the owner the right to remove structures on the planet so he can keep it clean. Maybe make it so owner can mail you the name and they get removed. Its hard today to try and keep it clean.

Maybe make donator planets like the moons… smallen and nothing on it. Good for parking but nothing else.

That wasa some samll ideas.

5 Likes

First and foremost. Do what you have to do. I know ppl threaten to leave and some probably will, but as long as everybody has the same restriction (class 4 or class 3) fights will be interesting and fair. Yes that requires everybody to back to the drawing board, but we managed from class 5 to class 4. And desinging new solutions for new situations is part of the fun of playing Empyrion…

Reduce the number of playing fields. Rather have fewer but with more content and players than a lot of playing fields with nobody around and nothing to do. Already some good suggestions from other players what to keep and what to scrap, I also like the idea of having max Class 1 structures in starter Orbit. Enough to store stuff for wipe, but not a nice place to live for a long time… The idea of having rotating systems is also very interesting. You could actually vary in that (if that is easily done). Some planets rotate every week or so and some systems only coming available 1 day a week, with special resources, POIs, Missions etc.Just don’t know if that will actually reduce server load much (you need to be able to take them fully out, and not sure if you can easily do that).

I think you mentioned that undestructible planets caused issues os you had to revert to normal surface again (with digging possible). Hope this will get fixed and make most planets undestructable… Leave a few PvP planets with digging as an option for those that like to play mole…

As a general comment, I agree with the sentiment that 2 months is a very short season. I would not go to 6, but 3 or 4 months feels about right. But hey, do what you have to do and if it is 2 months, it is 2 months…

If you are going for the full wipe (woud be my choice even though I don’t like it, but rather have it over in 1 go, than prolong the issues with small changes here and there).

• give some time to pack up
  • make everybody Scrapper level 5, so we can get the resources from our structures back, maybe even put level 5 on 100% return for the occasion

And ignore all the whiners. We all know this is Alpha, we know you (and the team) are working your asses off to make this work, and that is far from easy, with so many changes happening and Empyrion still having some serious (performance) issues… Also I understand your frustration when you were moving to a far stronger server only to find it really sucked big time… and you have to revert back.

Don’t give up, And let us know how we can help :slight_smile:

I agree with the class 3 - 4 not being too different i think its only 25-50 extra devices, sure making class 3 ships would be possible but will it really make that much difference.

Only option’s I can think of:
*Reduce amount of play fields.
*Set limits to number of BA/CV/SV per player/faction.
*Class Cap (Most hate inducing (to the lazy people who can’t build a new ship))
*Move all starters to a separate server that holds both NA and EU starters that is men’t to lag to force people to leave them through CSW to the normal EU/NA Servers where there would be 0 lag and awsum fights. (Most amount of work).
*We do lots of tests as a community to find a way to build and avoid bugs on undigable terrain. (best option)
*Reduce player cap (worst option)
*Increase build distance from other structures to huge distances to reduce the possible amount of structures on a planet at the same time. (People can abuse it by making huge factions.)(will damage alliances)
*Wipes more often (doesn’t really work from 2.0 experience)

For cuting down number of playfield each origin dont need 2 starter planet it only need 1 that is 5 playfields less. Remove black hole 90% will not go there after starter.
We dont need light world and water world people dont go there so much.
Cut the size class on 3 but first let peopels to adapt to it and change ocd so we can store more resources on one slot at least 100k.

2 Likes

[quote=“hopskotch, post:43, topic:5990”]
NPC Traders - not many seem to care for them
[/quote]Not enough rep for them in 6.x to buy stuff, OCD’s full and also selling&trading is pointless now due to credits-cap of 60mil and OCD nerf. Yeye there are borderline exploits to get around some of it but assuming you don’t use them :wink:
I want them to be important but they got a lot of indirect nerfs in 5.x and 6.x so they went from totally OP to meh. They are still very good if you are a new player on the server for stocking your OCD.

[quote=“AlexAKM, post:46, topic:5990”]
Dat penthouses for sale. I want my own design, its sandbox game, why I need buy some perma-buildings? Better sell me territory, and I build my own.
[/quote]+1 and ofc the other problems that come with them. Well they do sell territory (donator planets) but they seem to cause problems now. They are in no way an alternative to donator planets to me.

I also agree with the OCD requiring more fine-tuning but seeing that admins are overburdened this would be low prio I think.

[quote=“RexXxuS, post:47, topic:5990”]
Allow only 30 players on HWS and happy days.
[/quote]Obviously this will not work. With only 30 players there will be nothing to do. Not to mention what will happen if 30 PKA members login and SWP is like “Rex we can’t login to defend our base PKA is occupying every single slot!”. And etc.

So crazy revised suggestions:

• Try out 90ish player cap (adjust as seen fit over time). Or why change it during 6.x already to see the difference?
  • Donator planets… Well… Looking at performance I must be very sad to say they have to be removed entirely. The exception being if there’s gonna be a CSW 2nd PVE server with more than just only donator planets on it.
    However, in turn you’d need more PVE planets in the system, which are gonna be completely overcrowded and trolled :sob:
    Take the TCH HQ donator planet. Our faction + alliance is so big that even if everybody has only 3 cores, it would still be too many cores for the planet. So when donator planets get removed and we all go to PVE planets, they are gonna be draining all our FPS, gonna be laggy and just generally overcrowded again with “warning planet x is close to reaching core limit”. So SOME donator planets rights now serve have the exact same purpose as a public PVE planet only they bring in money.
    Because those 50ish people on TCH HQ will just move over to another non-donator planet and crowd that planet instead with the same problem and performance issues and you’d just have to make a new PVE planet to fit all people&cores.
    The problem are probably the donator planets that have only 5 people on them. But yes they donated a hefty amount for it so it’s kinda touchy and morally subject. I’m really interested to see how this is gonna be redesigned.

When i started to play 30-40 players was amazing to see… lol. Times go fast…

2 Likes

That is true :slight_smile: I remember as well. But I really don’t want to go back to it. “good old times” usually means “I’m full of nostalgia, modern times are better”. 6.x even with all the problems is still better than 2.0

1 Like

6.0 have been so much fun so far. even with crashec hate and other stuff… 6.1 and6.2 should be removed from elon space. Thats is what started everything

1 Like

That is an awesome idea about mixing the server starters the only issue I for see is donator perks getting all fucked up but beyond that I am intrigued by this idea. Gives us a chance to mingle and talk and perhaps bring some eu over na or vice versa

Class 4 for life, you take that class 3 suggestion back you dirty commie

With lag shots being far less of an issue this patch, it’s not very hard to get ships down a size by hollowing out the various layers of spaced armor that were previously needed to catch lag shots.

In addition due to the now lower weight of the ship you also need fewer engines and fewer RCS to maintain former maneuverability.

Going down a class size isn’t going to be as drastic as most people think.

3 Likes