Instant Repair - 2 - Template

Hey Rex,

I noticed they snuck this into the patch notes:

Gameplay:

• Extended structure limit from 255 to 65535 per playfield
  • Use SHIFT+F to instant-pickup backpack and drop container
  • Added “Instant” as gameoption speed for Blueprint production / Repair-2-Template

Can we please implement this (if it is not by default). While I think repairing should take time, until we have a way of reducing that time, or making it so the repair time doesn’t reset every time we wander outside of render range… it would be nice if things repaired themselves without us having to stand there AFK for 2 hours.

3 Likes

As discussed in-game.
Let’s test the setting “FAST” first.
(it’s at normal at the moment).

Hopefully applied with the next restart.

3 Likes

Roger that.

Still taking just as long as it normally does.

Still taking as long as before and still as buggy - fails if you move too far away from the repair

Yes, yes, sorry!
The first restart it failed because I forgot the file overwrites itself if you do it during the runtime.
And during the 11PM restart I fall asleep :expressionless: :cat:

But this time! With the 9AM restart! Faster!

A ship which needs a repair should not move at all.

Lol, he means if you move too far away from the pad it restarts the repair. You have to stay within 100m of the repairing ship.

That should not be the case at all anymore! It says “fixed”. Everything else needs a proper bug report in the official forum

Hmm, I will test it more tomorrow, but it did reset on me today as well.

The repair reset on me several times last night. In the end I gave up. I have resumed the process again today. @RexXxuS you have said that you have put the repair on fast, but fast isn’t that fast. My repair time has dropped from 1hr 41minutes to 1hr 10minutes - still a very long time to stay at the repair site and not be playing. I have put in an official bug report to Eleon as well.
Also @RexXxuS I meant the repair fails if my player moves too far from the place where the repairing is going on, not moving the ship being repaired.

2 Likes

The repair has failed twice today as a result of moving out of range of the ship being repaired.

2 Likes

Ok thank you. It’s for sure a bug still in the game then…
I hope it’s fixed in the next patch.

Switching it to instant however has also implications to PvP which I’m not sure we should do or not.

1 Like

Could we have a vote? I don’t believe there will be any pvpers against instant repair, at least until they get all the bugs sorted out.

Just thought about it and another disadvantage mate:

keep in mind it is bound to the Blueprint Factory :exclamation:
That would give everyone basically a do:bp for free or not using our new feature

egs:reducebptime:xxx Reduce your Blueprint Factory production by xxx minutes. Each 5 minutes cost you 1 RP.

Too much for a feature you lived before without as well, no?

@RexXxuS the issue for me at the moment is the fact that I cannot get on with the game - I’m stuck watching the repair - which is boring. Before I could let the repair device do the ‘repair blocks’ while I was in another ship still playing the game. This is the gameplay I want to get back to - let the repair happen while I continue playing as before. Right now the instant option is the only way I can continue playing the game - not waiting around for hours doing very little.This need only work until the devs fix the problem.

2 Likes

We also used to walk away from our repair bays while things repaired. Now repair bays are super annoying, you have to put them on “just right”, you have to stay by them the entire time and now they cost resources to repair.

The instant repair still costs resources to restore the vessel. On one hand you give us a great benefit, on the other hand we continue to okay with bugged repair bays that make the game less enjoyable.

1. Free instant repair: overpowered yes, but game is now more enjoyable.

2. No instant repair, bugged repair bays that we have to stay close to for 30 minutes or more… less than enjoyable game experience.

I only am proposing that this is implemented until they fix the repair bays. It will make the game enjoyable again.

well… both of you are settled on the PvP site, so I value your feedback.
I see the point and as long as it isn’t fixed, we can try it at least. (maybe it didn’t work anyways ((new feature))) :wink:

Let’s just give it a try in 20 minutes…

2 Likes

As someone in PVP, I’m in agreement with this; it still costs us resources to repair a ship, and we’re not getting a ship for ‘free’, as we still have to factory them out to start with; so we’re not getting a blue print for free-- we’re just reducing repair aggravation and making the game fun and playable. So, if we run out of resources to repair, we have to find those resources.

It might seem overpowered for PVP, but… to repair a ship, you still have to get it out, fly it back to the repair station, repair it, get it back out… and the more you repair, the quicker you are draining your resources.

So, ships might get back into action faster… but, resources will also be drained significantly faster.

I know, it was just because that is the reason we have a donation option and the new egs:reducebptime feature implemented.

But to hell with both, if you guys have no fun in the first place :slight_smile:

(just tested and seem to work on my test server)

2 Likes

Thanks Rex, and once they patch it out I do suggest removing it.

Its nice to know I dont have to keep Empyrion running in the background all day lol.

1 Like