Instant Repair - 2 - Template

Thanks from me too.

Now I know thats a lot of work for small team so their heads probably exploded long time ago.

But is it realy necessary to put code on repairing of blocks? Because guess what, in age when i have to have 1000 passwords on every forum, bankaccounts, id card etc. I simply forgot that code. We are talking here about repairing blocks, I can do it with multitool so should i expect that in next update Ill have to enter code to my multitool to repair some god damn block? Whats coming next I simply dont want to know.

Why it is always SO badly done, of course nothing is perfect at first try, i can get that, but this is just wtf.

So far i have to say one thing, if i would know what will come i would never ask for R2T at all. If Master of Magic Jascha can do all that fancy stuff I can imagine he would be able to do egs:r2t which would save ship and for difference in cost would delete damaged one and spawn saved one nearby.

Yes rant, amount of frustration reached my limit. I miss old repair bay. Well I miss all other long time gone things including digging. RIP digging, you was one of my favourite. RIP old Repair Block, I still love you and always will.

On serious note, Rexxx is it possible to pass message to Eleon that puting code on repairing blocks is maybe too much, its bad enough even without it.

You don’t have to put a pass code on it. Doing so just protects someone from stealing your design.

1 Like

Yeah i get that but it can be only for template, thats where it matters. Dont tell me you like it. Before we could speed up repairs with MT, we could dock on 2 repair bays, well i didnt rether try that now. Its disaster, I hope they will polish it a lot yet. More ppl could repair with MT, it was simply 10 times better and better loking, If i remeber i could sit in cocpit to, take some repairs and go back to battle.

But that just me, Empyrion feels to me like there is less features and what left is unnecesary more complicated. ANyway R2T is of course good, even when…inconvinient.

Oh and i could have stop repairs anytime and jsut refres part of HPs. Now it seems i have to wait for end or start over.

And one more thing, there could be also 3rd mode, dismantling of what left, maybe it can go to repair bay as resources, maybe into cargo box as parts.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, they should bring back the old bay for block damage and keep the R2T for restoration.

That said, I don’t mind it taking 2 - 4 hours to repair a CV that was badly damage. What I don’t like it is constantly restarting.

To be honest the main reason why codes are in there is because of @SwissSteel1

I am a guy who values blueprints very high. I love what some guys building. I know how much time it can cost. I have zero tolerance about stealing such work.
As Ranzeth said already, just don’t use a password.

With T2 repairs I fully agree. With T1 its pointles. Im talking about repairing of hit points only, repairing to template would be still password protected.

They would just move ENTER CODE to second option, to R2T, but well its let say minor problem. Its just sad that As Elfias I cant repair CV created by Elfias. (Im Creator of that CV so i can hardly use R2T to steal my own BP)

Best would be what Ranzeth said

But there was that problem with if you put structure there to repair and kept multitooling parts you could get some extra parts = profit.

It feels like such unpolished solution as it is now, its like with turrets. We cant make them stop firing through terrain, lets make them unable to fire under terrain completly. Half of game (Digging) will die in process, who cares. I understand its probably complicated to solve so its easier to do it the way Eleon did.

But from game which was quite fast its turning into game where everything needs so many steps that its boring and incredibly time consuming.
I showed Empyrion to friend of mine and he answered - Ok its nice game but sorry cant play with you, i have family, i dont have time to play game where simpliest thing takes so much time, and hes right.
Im finding myself just sitting in front of computer waiting for something to be done more and more.

Well if we will be able to at least decrease repair time with parts it will get better, but they walk dangerous path, playing shouldnt be tedious.

Do you remeber first version where we had to create all small parts manualy, there was no option to click on thruster and constructor automaticly did not add small parts needed to build thruster. Now that was tedious, it took hours to create basic devices for base, I thought they learned lesson as when asked players said its boring and complicated and now we just click device and constructors take care of rest.

Player cant feel like his hands are tided. When my ship is surrounded by Green Box of Madness i feel like that, i cant get inside and do something like i could before. Basicly all of us are leaving table with PC and go to do something else while ship is repairing…thats wrong. Game which forces you to go away from itself.
Also I should be able to change my mind, decided that repairs what was done is done and i need to take ship and fly away even in half repaired. If i do so im loosing whole repairs, part what was done shold be done and i can finish repairs next time.
But looking from other side…at least i can go shoping or so while playing :joy: you cant do so in Overwatch.

I think this, life is faster and faster, its not 80’ and we are not waiting for game to load from tape, we are not playing on 8bit ZX Spectrum. We work and we dont have that much time. Playing should be relaxing and convinient, I should be able to achive something in 2-3 hours. If ill get unlucky i can try to repair ship for whole week with no luck. Now how bad is that.

One more thing, to make it crystal clear. This is 80’. Belive me, you dont want that back :joy:

1 Like

Mmmmm… Coctail…

@RexXxuS thank you for the temporary change in repair to template. It has made a lot of difference to gameplay - no more standing around waiting for the repair to finish.

Hi @RexXxuS. It seems that we are back to the old situation again. I had an SV take damage today and the repair console told me it would take 1 hr and 5 mins to repair to template. So I set it to repair and spawned another SV, because I needed to get back to the fight we were in. When I got back from the fight the first SV had stopped repairing and none of the repair had been done. This means that I am going to have to wait around again for the repair to happen. As I said before this is not my idea of spending my time playing a game. I want to play not hang around waiting. Eleon have obviously not fixed the repair problem, so could you please do something similar to last season so that we do not spend our gaming time doing nothing, waiting for repairs to happen.

1 Like

Yes repairing does NOT seem to be working as it was advertised; it is not possible to put components to reduce the repair time for ships either

That’s a shame. Wish eleon would just ditch the new repair thing and go back to the old since they can’t figure this out.

If you leave the play field or log off the repairs stop and you have to start all over. I will not leave my computer running for 6 hours while repairs take place. It really is a pain until they get the time reduction system in place.

I was doing that last season and my electricity bills doubled :frowning:

So many of you who voted to remove it, say, it should be back in, because the bug is not fixed.

To make this claim more strong and give Eleon a poke, one of you please make a video of it.

Start repair, leave the playfield, count the timer in head, fly back and see if the timer changed or not properly. That should work I guess.

I can confirm, if the playfield area goes inactive the repair timer does restart. I’ll make a quick video here sometime tonight.

Is there any way to change it so that it doesn’t stop. I understand the need for time to make repairs, but 4 hours is a long time for someone to stand at the base…

So… let’s give it another try with 8.7 guys :slight_smile:
I hope you don’t get used to the instant spawn cheat :wink:

Dev found it:

The problem was 100% reproducible if you added a lock code and the structure was unloaded using DSL / playfield change. Then the lock code was forgotten and the repair was skipped. We now made the lock code persistent.

So for 8.7 we try again the “Faster” setting.

3 Likes

I hope they have it fixed this time, but that statement doesn’t give me hope. I can recreate the issue in SP without using any kind of lock code on the structure or repair template at all.

Start repair, fly further than render distance away, move closer again and the repair has stopped. It’s repeatable every time without using any lock codes at all.

Edit
It doesn’t even seem possible to set a repair template lock code in SP, so that can’t possibly be the (only) cause.

3 Likes

Does this mean we will be able to add components to the repair bay to reduce the time also?

1 Like