Just remove this tiny tiny stack size nonsense

one thing a lot of us are overlooking. this is a rework from a previously broken universe on top of many broken updates and quick fixes. it has been long since coming that everything needed a revamp from the ground up. this is the first stage of redesigning hws the way Rex has been wanting to for years.

yes, change does suck right in the beginning but eventually we will get there. what we need is constructive feedback on what works and what doesn’t instead of saying revert the entire thing because it sucks. I know it’s much easier to let emotions drive but that’s when we have to take a break and keep a level head.

the easiest way to look at it now is to pretend this is a completely new server you’ve never been to but you are able to carry some things over. basically the same feeling when initially moving between hws or re but with an added bonus.

2 Likes

I support this :slight_smile:

on that note, I think the lower level turn-ins for TEAMS may need to be adjusted :frowning:

1 Like

Please don’t misunderstand me.
I did not say that. The contrary: our HWS Connect and other HWS Features do support this progression change. As you said, there are many players like you, that want to return and just play.
I still support that. It’s just the overall genre of sandbox that got out of hand and is now reshaped to a more fun engaging way - yes even for you.

For example the idea, that I want to rework our old logic that instead of getting 7000 HWS Origin XP at a full wipe, you get 1:1 HWS Level XP. So you get rewarded for playing and can start in the next season with a potential full stack size skill.
Or for our PvP lovers, you get this after the next server restart

Please understand that this is a separate issue and I tried to stress this so much:
We are playing HWS+ Alpha. Very unfortunately it’s not finished but be sure it will be and your time get rewarded left and right once all is finished.

It will!

What are you talking about it’s easier to let emotions drive? Of course I’m driven by emotions, what are you expecting when people play games? Just robots at a computer?

When I finish work and want to enjoy the time I have to play games and when a change like this has an impact on in game progression for my lifestyle then of course emotions will kick in at some point.

The constructive feedback was given, this change impacts myself and others which is why I replied in the posts to let you know I’m not all for this change. Like I said in the beginning I’m all for trying new things.

Any community feedback that is ignored because it’s labelled as “emotion” is not constructive. I’m not normally a forum poster, and laid back about change. This change made me want to post as it is a game breaker.
I am now dancing between containers to get the right materials to construct, deconstruction get’s halted due to the container getting full too quickly, all due to this new stack limit and can tell you now… it absolutely sux

0 /10 Immersiveness
0 /10 Enjoyment
10/10 Time wasting
10/10 OCD usage

1 Like

Right last post, let’s just end it there. This post has gone on and is digressing.
Appreciate that last post Rexxxus

So right away I’m looking at the stack sizes for plants/food and I see something majorly bad. The smallest TEAM agriculture level 3 assignment costs 4200 herbal leaves (and the objectively better one is 5000 natural sweetener). 4200/55 = 76.36, which rounds up to 77. I don’t think you can have 77 stacks in your inventory, so it’s impossible to complete TEAM level 3 agriculture assignments for anyone who isn’t a patron. Furthermore, since you seem keen on making stack sizes part of the game balance, isn’t giving patrons stack sizes that are bigger than what anyone else can get without paying a bit p2w? To my knowledge, you can’t become a patron with HWS ingots, so the only way to get such an advantage is to pay up.

Suggestion: Change max stack sizes with the max skill to the same amount as patrons. Helps counter p2w complaints since that’s now a thing that you can get through normal gameplay, and makes stuff generally less annoying for everyone.

The first part of what you wrote is up to Rex to consider, but about this part I quoted here.
In the end, what is or what is not P2W is very subjective.
In this case, anyone can upgrade their stack sizes quite a lot. Patrons just gain the ability to have approximately double. This means they save time, and have it a bit easier.
It doesn’t really give them any super advantage, other than time.

I definitely agree with that.

I thought Rex had indicated somewhere that stack sizes would be part of balancing? I could be totally wrong, but if that is the case than wouldn’t a benefit that affects game balance and can only be achieved through $$$ be what most people consider p2w?

Having slightly larger stack sizes doesn’t give you any super benefit. Patrons having this can’t do anything everyone else can’t do as well.

The difference is just that patrons can take more at a time, so they’ll be able to move stuff faster. There is basically no other advantage than they save time.

Good that this topic came up as well. Waited for it.
After long thoughts I consider it as a convenience benefit overall.
There is no content locked behind a bigger Stack Size, which is in my book no p2w then.
Like the HWS Connect filter you can also can’t buy with HWS Ingots.

But I will consider this nevertheless, thanks for the suggestion.

This on the other hand needs a change then indeed. Will do it after sleep.

3 Likes

there is also issue that Connect does not recognise individually increased stack size in game…taking something out of OCD takes very long time with 10-15 seconds chatbot cooldown timer and miniature stack size in Connect

1 Like

:rofl:

GTFO dude

I am just here to give my feedback regarding the stack sizes aswell, we all have been waiting long for HWS+ and from my point of view it was for the pvp.

When i first tried to test Reforged eden i recognized it was really hard to have bigger stacks, evryone was saying if you want that you need to play on normal HWS servers.

I understand RexXxus what you trying to do, but this is just gonna make the pvp even more useless, since people won’t risk their ships after they spent entire day to just put in 200 size stacks to the factory, and not even talk about the furnace plants, you need trillions of cargo boxes, refilling ships with ammo is also an big task.

People come to HWS to have fun, not become some grindy mmo where you need to spend months to get somewhere.
Remember this Universe wipes evry 3 month if am not correct? if you gonna spend more than half that just grinding for an ship… really fun.

My suggestion is that you need to build HWS + around everyone, not just trying to target the OCD people, New people who join here is confused, and having to pay 500k for an skill rewind at ECC is not quite cheap for them.

People should not be punished for waiting this long for HWS+ if you want to make changes to inventory, then you change it in a much less aggressive way.

Really clueless to why you just target inventory size, when there is plenty of other stuff you could limit, you knew people had alot of stuff in OCD, almost feels like you did it on purpose to be mean to old people returning.

Question for RexXxus, do you want an fun universe, or an grindy one, you can’t have both, that what people were having their hopes up for, that Reforged Eden would be the more grindy pve universe, and HWS+ the more pvp oriented sandbox sort of server. as it has been in the past, if we now gonna have 2 pve grindy servers? what makes HWS+ better than Reforged Eden?

Disregard this :smiley: i managed to find you could quick train the stack size at the skill trainer, was not possible before.

1 Like

How about we test the config, give the HWS team time to tweak? Im not a fan of the stack size either…less loot to rob from your wreck when Im done, but damn, its what day 2 or 3?

1 Like

As devils advocate I’ll just say i was slightly traumatised by the stack size but it has forced me to plan a bit more what I build and when, and now how I empty a POI of it’s goodies… I like that as the planning and preperation stuff is part of my gameplay kick BUT… I just lost the easy 5k gold from the dude in ECC you give an autominer to as I couldn’t pick up the coins he dropped - nearly emptied my entire inventory on floor in a panic but still couldn’t pick them up to put in the cashpoint 5m away… there were bad words.

1 Like

Wonder how they gonna solve the daily rewards once you gonna get the 25k, 50k gold stacks :smiley:

2 Likes

I had such an amazing time converting gold coins to credits. It took me only 3 hours to move 13 millions.
I really have the time for this interesting ocd:get + CoinToCr commands. It took me just 12 cycles for one stack of coins(only 56 stacks left). I am certain I will be ready for the 2024 season . My only concern is why we have 200 in a stack, why not a smaller ones like 5 (for non supporters ofc). I am eager to reach the final daily reward of 100k coins, for sure I will book a vacation to manage it.

Smart and well thought improvement, keep it up.

2 Likes

Regarding this stack thing unfortunately I will stand with crowd.
As a person who involved in GD I see what you want to achieve. But every progression have to have logical explanation for people to be easily adopted for instance: if you progress with damage you learn to shoot better to do higher damage, or let’s say FTL jumps you learn how more optimally use fuel for a warp drive.

What is the logical explanation of stacking progression? You learn how to stack things better? It’s dumb especially in SCI FI universe, where robots or/and AI have to do this for you.

I really think that problem lays deep in the non intuitive solution and the real question here is: “why I have to learn how to stack basic shit together if I better learn to shoot or fly better or construct ships with better capacity”.
How as a player you will associate yourself with learning to stack things better?

Yes mass/volume system is a frustration point in this game but at least it have some logic behind.

1 Like

Ok, let me try to explain simply then.
If you are a 3 year old baby, how many watermelons can you carry in a backpack and run around?
If you are a 30 year old man, how many watermelons can you carry in a backpack and run around then?
Do you see where we are going?
Stack Size can be seen as “strength”, like other RPGs have as skill.

In many other games you can’t skill your stack size of items but buy/get a whole slot for your containers or player backpack (No Mans Sky, Zelda, other RPGs). Same explanation of getting stronger or general upgrade progression, rewarding the player to carry more around over time.
Skilling Stack Size is a novelty I had to implement, because that was the only thing I could custom mod.
Neither can I add whole slots (backpacks are limited to 49), nor can I mod the Volume Capacity on the fly.
That is the explanation of it and I hope you see it’s indeed logical.

Why do I think it’s superior than the Volume system?
The volume system is still not well accepted or different put: in combination with our features like OCD, it does not work well. The reason why I had in the old season volume capacity of millions, which ruined immersion anyways.
The new system fixes all of that and gives us progression as well, something we had not with 50000 stack sizes for everything.
So again, it comes down to: do players want progression or sandbox freedom mode 50000 stack size for everything?

3 Likes

If your looking for better progression why is the OCD not limited by stack size Aswell? I mean you go through all these reasons of other games do it. Other games don’t have an off world huge stack size why does OCD? If you want to be like other games then you have to remake everything from the ground up using the other games balance. First you need to at a minimum make sure the overall implementation isn’t negative towards new players. One big example I have noticed is the stack size of spoiled food is absurdly low you give an example of carrying limited by strength ish however I’m sure 100 spoiled food weighs and should stack higher than say ingots. What I’m saying is stick to a balance theme and balance everything from the beginning before implementing something that will drive new players away.