Killboard 2.0 Update | Kill / Death Ratio is now respected

Sorry being the devils advocate here.
But how much kills is considered being a beginner?
If WE want to take in account kdr for giving prizes or being in killboard is not more fair to make a calculation like Kills X KDR?
If a players do a lucky streak at the start of the season and then stop doing pvp and still play in the server doing ecc stuff is pratically unbeatable using only the KDR and not considering the total number of kills is not fair for who plays more that will be always disavantaged.
Anyway i still dislike the kdr since is not encouraging actively playing in the server. Probably i will just really do a second account or switch to na for doing pve stuff since is actively ruining my scoreboard. If i would know before that all deaths will be taken in account instead of making fun videos leveling from 1 to 25 i would just crafted blocks to level up and instead of doing the poi hunting alien hq tutorial i would just skipped it. Thats the definition of fun?

1 Like

hm I guess you did not read my post or?

• and we will only count those with the most Kills to prevent having beginners in the list.

this is exactly what you complain about. Better read first, then complain.

Yes I read it and I misunderstood it in the translation.

I misunderstood that I had to have a minimum of kills to appear on the list and that the k / d ratio was still considered.

I humbly apologize if is not so.

There is something broken in the killboard atm. I did my first kill more than 1.30hrs ago and is still on the same page.

Hey,

no problem :wink:

Yes its true. I will fix it tomorrow morning.
sorry for that

Hey Rex

1. I have to join the crowd complaining about including PVE deaths, I don’t think combining PVP with PVE makes sense, someone might be great PVPer but he might be bad at doing POIs and die there often, also other way round. I’d limit this to PVP deaths, but maybe we should also have some PVE meters like number of completed missions/ done POIs.

2. Personally I don’t care about such meters, but from experience I can tell you that problem with KDR is that while it’s a better metric of ‘who is better at pvp’ than number of kills alone it encourages people to do various tricks not to die which makes pvp worse. Furthermore since Empyrion is vechicle-based game kills in pvp doesn’t really reflect skill because for example one person in HV could be defending from 3 HVs to allow his faction to achieve their goals, eventually his HV will be destroyed and one of three attackers will randomly get autoturret kill. Is this person who died worse at PVE than one of three guys who luckily got the autoturret kill? I don’t think so

DarthMyrten has a point.

Doing a lot of POIs & missions means you will also die during 90 days, no matter how good you are. Nobody can live through 90 days season doing hardest POIs in the game & die 0 times doing that.

So someone who ignores PvE element completely will have higher KD in PvP. At least they have much better chance of it. The less you PvE the better for this board since doing hard POIs and missions include a risk of dying without chance to get PvP kills.

If it’s possible to exclude NPC / Alien faction -caused deaths overall, the KD based board will be really really good in my opinion. Suicides & other similar reasons should count, otherwise everyone would start using destroyme to get out of lost battle in PvP.

1 Like

Hey, yes we will/have changed that already. But I think Rex will write about it lalter again.
At the moment there is another flaw in the calculation, therefore we changed the death calculation and will only count Enemy-Death (which are calculated the same as the Enemy-Kills right now)

2 Likes

Ah, that’s perfect. One step ahead of me :wink:
:+1: Should include destroyme though to avoid using that tactic in hopeless PvP situations.

Very interesting to see so much feedback about a quite “small” feature :wink:

However, after some discussions we reworked it again.

1. We will only count PvP deaths now
  2. a cb:reset does not reset your PvP Kills or PvP deaths now
  3. we implement an automatic reward function

All of this though… will be only active / accurate for the next season, because complete new database entries have to be created.

For the current season… it is a bit funky and normalize over time. Do not bother too much about some values :wink:

So a summary again:

1. We fetch the 20 players with the highest kill count
  2. From that 20 we pick the 10 with the best KD ratio
  3. Only active players are on the board (last 7 days)
  4. Only player kills are respected, not animal kills etc.
  5. Only deaths from players are respected, not PvE deaths like Zirax or Oxygen
  6. The reward… is up for feedback. The current season maybe not a proper one but for the next one, just make some suggestions.
4 Likes

How about “destroyme” in console?

Maybe 10 RP daily extra, to nr 1, and then 1 less per rank. So nr 10 would get 1

1 Like

Question:

should “destroyme” count as PvP or PvE death (contribute to the Killboard, yes or no)?
Looking at statistics, it is way more used in PvP (in combination with cb:gohome) than in PvE to get out of a POI for example (which is sometimes an exploit itself).

Let me know your feedback

I’d say it should count as PvP because otherwise some people will just do destroyme in console to avoid death.

Also it would be nice if we could see PvP deaths somewhere, when we aren’t on leaderboard yet.

1 Like

yeah destroyme should count as pvp kill.

I don’t care about the leaderboard at all, but it’s nice to see some penalty for pve deaths (or at least there were on the beggining).
There are ppl that doesn’t care about dying to hunger, o2, or negative statuses (parasite, etc). They just respawn and continue. It’s good that they have to take care of this now. (or well, that was the intention before).

1 Like

It would be better on Eleon’s part to implement a logoff delay for those that combat log.

IE, any logoff event (game menu, Alt+F4) your character would still be in game for approx 30 seconds, and if they die within that time they are greeted the next time they join on where to spawn.

Hey @everyone,

aaalright, let’s call it the final update!? :wink:

We implemented now the check:

• If you are in PvE and type destroyme it counts as PvE death and not PvP death (not visible in Killboard). So if you are stuck or bugged, you can use it.

• If you are in PvP however and type destroyme it does count as PvP death and will be visible in the Killboard.

I think that combines every gamestyle properly.
If you die no matter how you lose already 1 HWS RP and maybe in the future I make it more important to not die - if the game becomes more stable in the first place…

Thanks for everyone giving constructive feedback :slight_smile:

4 Likes
  1. Only deaths from players are respected, not PvE deaths like Zirax or Oxygen

So if i am losing a pvp space battle i can just take my helmet off and die and it will count as pve death?

I doubt someone will let you jetpack around. But yes.

CV without o2,seated… no need to be outside the ship:D same goes for sv…
Easy to exploit… i can just put respawn base on the playfield i am fighting… exploitable…