Killboard 2.0 Update | Kill / Death Ratio is now respected

What’s your take on PVE deaths also factoring into that equation?

Also another thing to note is that since it is a scheduled event, some people don’t even have the option of participating. Personally, I’m at work 9/10 times the FPS event is going on.

Hmm … counting death is very controversial, I was killed by an incorrect portal and a withdrawn HWS vehicle and mobs …its pve…

I think in a perfect world it would only count PVP deaths but having it count all deaths makes players less likely to combat log to avoid dying to a player. I’d leave them a combat logger’s gift and it still would hurt their K/D even though they deprived me of the kill.

Lul i died so many times being afk or being killed by monsters XD
I guess i need to be more careful now… and stop doing pve stuff :rofl:
Sorry but no there is no logic here mixing kills from pvp and death from all. People already combatlog a lot. This will only increase it.
Now if a player has 3 kills and 0 death and stop playing has a death ratio of 3 and will be always the first. So is more worth that 3 - 0 or maybe someone that plays all season long making 150 kills and 75 death? a 2.0 k/d ratio.
Maybe i just need to take a second account go in fps event once and show how much this system is flawed.

1 Like

I think the new Kill/death ratio system will seperates pvp and pve player more when all death counts since pvp players will try to avoid doing pve which might make them get killed. Players who do hard poi regularly are clearly in disadvantage. Same with poor players who are forced to do pois for missions for example.

Edit: Counting death during alpha might not be a good idea since you can get killed by various reason like bugs, glitches and so on where you might get forced to do “destroyme”.

2 Likes

This also. Instead of doing destroyme because i am trapped/glitched inside a poi due to a bug now I will open a ticket, waiting for admin for being teleported away. Wasting precious time for them and taking away gaming time from me since now i need to take care about game kills death count. This is not good.
Just revert as it was before and make a poll.

Should event kills be taken into account in the leaderboard? Yes/no. Game over.

I havent take part at the discussion

that made this Killboard 2.0 since i wasnt affected having a double leaderboard or only one or counting kills from event or not.
I see nowhere that was discussed about k/d ratio or taking in consideration pve kills.

lol, its nice to know I’m the best PvP player on HWS at present moment in the opinion of Rex with 1.5 K/D ratio :rofl:

btw 21/15 = 1.4, even simple math is broken on HWS, but I’m also OK with 1.5 :rofl:

I don’t get the hate of PvE deaths really. Maybe because only now some realize they maybe shouldn’t waste their bodies so easily…
Combat loggers for example who get greeted with turrets on come back.

If you fall in Battlefield 4 from a skyscraper without a parachute and die, it affects your KD.
If you throw a grenade at your foot and kill yourself, it affects your KD. So PvE always affects KD and to exclude PvE deaths only makes it a fake KD to push some PvP egos in my opinion.

Without PvE there is no PvP in the first place. And since it is a survival game and not Counter Strike it makes even more sense to include it.

The only legit complain is the glitch, bugs, disconnect deaths which might happen.
But they do happen to everyone. No excuse either.
With the change yesterday we also gave the Homeworld Police (HWP) the ability to warp players 10-50meter up in the air. So you could ask them for help too if you are stuck in a POI.

That is not true either because inactive players disappear from any list.

And overall, again, technically it is not possible to have a separate Kill Board for separate Events regarding @Jascha.

Once we start a new season, everyone knows now what is going on and play more smarter / carefully.
At the moment, since it’s a change within a season I might reduce the reward output to normalize it overall a bit.

If I remember correctly, I have 4 pvp kills and 1 death. And I stopped playing this season.
According to the logic of this table, I should be in the first place with a coefficient of 4.
If it were, then it would be wrong. Just as food for thought.

1 Like

So, if I enter in the game at the end of the season and I can kill one player in PvP, then I will become an active player and can find myself in the first place? :smile:

1 Like

Also using Alt + F4 in PVP will be a best decision.

1 Like

In battlefield there is no pve components. Here is just pushed first who doesnt do all the activities that HWS offers.
People that do hard poi are heavily penalized.
And just to take your example in battlefield game the first is who make more kills not who has the best kdr.

Battlefield is PvE for sure. Player versus Environment. If you don’t watch out for the traps in the Jungle in Battlefield Vietnam for example. Or as I said above.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of Killboard then. A guy who does POI is doing POI. Why should a POI lover care about Killboards. And if you don’t do POI then you miss Alien Containers and Alien Core as reward for example.

You should know by now that I am a guy of decisions. And not “I can be the best in everything” gameplay. I reward guys who specialize in something and be good at it. That creates competition and fun - improving over time.

Yes I know Kills matter the rank and I think I wrote that I reward the KD especially. To filter the list by KD in general… is maybe more interesting and counters the FPS event thing, hence we can’t make separate kill boards as I said already.

the old ALT + F4 complain is something for Eleon.

If you don’t like Microsofts calculation tactics, then go to school :crazy_face:
I’ll check that. Guess its again the wrong rounding function…
thanks for the hint.

This kdr stuff is just removing fun from the server.
You are pushing the combatlog over 9000.
Anyway, your server your rules, But doesnt mean you are right.
Honestly i didnt want to be in the first place before to discuss this argument since it seems that i care to be first. I will keep the same points also if i werent in the killboard.

I’m not a stupid dictator. And I’m often not right. I just can’t follow your logic.
You know by now that I change stuff if I think it’s good (FPS event time, Phoenix, Eton, etc.)
Combat log can be countered by leaving a present for the return, etc.
And deaths matter in a survival game, if you like or not.

Maybe you can rethink again, especially not thinking about your current rank, and make good suggestions.

With this system you are rewarding this kind of players.
I start in pvp environment i get 2 players kills with 0 deaths.
Then i stop doing any kind of activity except entering in the server for doing the command eb;interest sitting in ECC.
Looking at the actual leaderboard this kind of player is first both eu and na.
Do you think that’s right?

1 Like

If you want to make death counts more respected I suggest making death only from other players count or atleast in a pvp enviroment instead of counting the death from both pve and pvp since you also dont count pve kills. But I bet you already thought about this

We implemented a change here:

• Only active players will be counted
  • The K/D should be accurate now
  • and we will only count those with the most Kills to prevent having beginners in the list.
1 Like