LBP are Warp Point Campers

Think the issue is not the pvp but with the current game a lot of people after they jump / leave a planet will either dc / error and lag hard. So player A jumps while player B is setting on other side waiting. Player B can see player A before Player A can even do anything.

That is my only issue with camping warp-ins tbh. At least let a guy die at the controls :stuck_out_tongue: atm too many bugs for people after they jump.

But if Rex says that camping " refueling " at warp-ins is ok . Then hey cool with me.

After a hard 3 days fighting for ore on gold planet one of our brave pilots was on his way back to trader planet when after jumping from gold field his ship was insta attacked after the jump and lost.

A few of us decided to see for ourselves because we couldnā€™t believe pirates would be camping warp-ins.

After a 30 min wait we jump from Trader planet to GF and back to Trader

Right as we jump-in 3 LBP CVā€™s started shooting our simple trading ship . :frowning:

This was sad so we just slow boated our way into Trader planet while being chased / shot at by 3 LBP pirate shps.

My question for Rex is this , Is this ok to " camp " " refuel " at warp-ins ?

BTW LBP you owe us 8 lights and 3 thrusters. and one simple trading ship

We are always 3.5km+ from the warp point. Gives you plenty of time to stop and go a different way rather than straight to the planet before you even render on our screens.

We have video of it :stuck_out_tongue: and screenshots :stuck_out_tongue:

Then post it. I calculated the warp in point as 7.7km from Trader world. I always stay at minimum 3.5km away from it. If Iā€™m wrong in my calculations then what Iā€™m doing is obviously unfair and should be fixed. Iā€™m aiming for 3.5km away.

LBP camped my warp in, and kicked my dog.

1 Like

Maybe we need a gas station at the warp-in :stuck_out_tongue: Sell gas

yes please?

I merged two identical content topics into this one here.

So again you guys show me that my rules are lacking here and there bullet proof details.
Let me explain:

1. why do we have this rule at all? Because we can track this very easily (even though manually) and since the universe is not very splitted like a spider net it can happen that warp entrance points are very risky

2. If you want to fly from west to east you need to pass different orbits. I canā€™t say that you have to fly letā€™s say 5km and THEN refill your warp tanks. That would cause even more drama and after some time the whole orbit is an ā€œentrance pointā€.

3. The chances that you warp in the exact time as someone else, especially in the hot spot orbits like faction orbits and Homeworld are a lot higher than our 3 digit lottery system

4. Every warp is and should be risky. There is no signal sign ā€œredā€ you canā€™t and ā€œgreenā€ you can warp feature. Always make sure to prepare yourself to travel in the unknown.

5. Camping by definition is what you experience when you warp to Alienworld. It was placed by intention by me and hopefully you have fun with it :stuck_out_tongue:
    So bases(!) and ships which are parked there for a long time. That is obvious camping.
    Refilling the warp tanks, ā€œgoing quick to toiletā€ or get a disconnect after a jump, so your ship is active but you not there but coming back instantly is ok.
    We need to check this all the time though.

SO in this case this picture should solve the whole problem:

1. It was no camping
  2. Chasing you after being 3v1 is not nice but on the other hand it is the story. Pirates are always waiting for a chance to get some fat treasures from fat Traders. Did you ask for ParlƩ? :wink:
  3. ā€œPost it, lets see what happens :)ā€ that was very self-confident and not nice and if the log would showed something different they would have a real bad day now
  4. To make it more america-bullet-proof I will add in the rules that you can max. stay 3 minutes after you jumped! It is enough time to press P, search your warp tank, fill it up or grab pentaxid from somewhere else and refill it. And well if you donā€™t travel to another system you just keep pressing W. If you stay longer than 3 minutes we will investigate further but general claim this as warp camping!

RexXxuS

Any judgment on if we are allowed to camp between the warp in point and the planet?

That is fair game also.

You are waiting to attack, there are other routes to the planet. The warp point is the same location and guys have no option but to appear there

Trying to ambush whilst they get home is totally fine (thatā€™s why space is pvp :wink: )

Ofc use common senseā€¦has to be a fair distance away, ie you cannot see them when they warp in.

^ Thanks Achilles

Just short: wellā€¦ it depends again how tryhard you are with this statement. Theoretically and sooner or later practically you can spawn hundreds of gun-sattelites around the whole planet. Like a real time planetary defense system.
THAT would create huge problems for a little Trader you can imagine.

So where it starts and where it ends?
Dropping one armored CV along the way to the planet is easy peasy. You can just dodge it.
But the mentioned gameplay above would be removed

Don't click me

The day will come where our Rules page is longer and more detailed than the bible - Kappa

Thanks for the reply. Itā€™s what we have been doing but people still cry and claim rule breaking.

Thanks Rex for taking the time to clear this up :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not here to complain about losing the ship and such, but the LBP were camping, the trader system, I know that since yesterday was in rescue mission of some friends and saw the m32 and we passed it go and back, on the way all ok, however the back had a ship on the radar to get close realized it was slaughtered and instant form three ships left bending over us, our Cv and heavily armored and the fight was ugly, I do not know if he lost ships, but took enough damage, try to get the trader plant, we got off, however when leaving the ship bugou, obvious that we had not stocked the tank nor managed to get the weapons due to not being able to activate the shipā€™s console in motion. and the ship was stopped and was destroyed ā€¦

But at that time I understood the scheme they are using:

it has a cv cloaked asteroid that is there off stop at a visual distance of the jump point, give the other ships are in a neighboring system and this ship spy to see a ship notifies the other and they jumpam on the unfortunate who has not time to refuel the ship and is already under attack.

They may not admit it, but they were, and 3.5 km away from a jump point is nothing that vc comes another ship in a few seconds, I think the rexx should by a notice in the chat just like when we entered without permission a faction of the planet, and 2 minutes to refuel the ship and sufficient and above that and evil intent, also think it would be good to increase the jump exclusion area for something like 7 km radius

Iā€™ll say this - LBP seems to always manage to ā€˜justā€™ warp in at the same time as a lot of people. I know they ā€˜just warpedā€™ in on me a few days ago.

To resolve this problem just create a zone of 7 km to 10 km radius and 2 min limit time to be standing there, simple, passed it, get a notice in the general chat, yellow or purple or another color, warning everyone that someone is camping in certain warp, serves up even notice the alliance and the hunters. I am pirate though.

Yeah we thought about this already but needs quite time to build.
If jascha is back we try it

Personally, Iā€™m not against Pirates camping those points, it helps give hunters and alliance something to do.

The only problem is the amount of friendly fire that would happen if Alliance came to help Traders.

unfortunately this is still a problem in the game, Eleon the developers have to work as fast as possible in a tab of alliances in the menu of the factions. rexxXxus you who has more intimate access to them can warn them of the urgency of it for the game.