Let's create our own HWS PvPvE meta

Yeah thats true^^ perhaps dont allow Plasmy flak and Laser Tower but more rocket towers^^ so we get hits

1 Like

I am back, only because this is happeningā€¦

finallyā€¦

we can fix things :disappointed_relieved:

Remember when PVP took skill?

that is all i want, Not about who has the biggest and bulky messā€¦or who can lock their auto hit rockets firstā€¦

we have an opportunity to make MANUAL shooting a thing again

and whats more, ROF reduction and damage increaseā€¦the lagā€¦oh the lag can maybe finally go back to a earlier time :cry:

I will be running a SV fighters school a few weeks before 8.0 drops for all you auto aiming new guys that are ignorant to the way of the old dogs.

Andrea and Garethā€¦donā€™t give up hope yetā€¦give 8.0 a chance!!!

Lag has ruined PVP for the past 3 patches, This could be the game changer weā€™ve been waiting for on all fronts!

9 Likes

No projectile speed changes it seems :stuck_out_tongue: no matter each will have to play to their strengths then, eg faster projectiles will do better with range slow with short range and such :smiley: not a problem at all.

1 Like

Try a cap on generators (2) instead of weapon and turrets and balance everything tweaking their power input.

1 Like

MaxCount: 4, type: int, display: true
BlastRadius: 4
BlastDamage: 100
EnergyIn: 5, type: int, display: true, formatter: Watt
Mass: 2500, type: int, display: true, formatter: Kilogram
HitPoints: 4000, type: int, display: true
RotSpeed: 200, type: int, display: true
Range: 900, type: int, display: true
Damage: 200, display: true
AmmoCapacity: 150, display: true
AmmoType: FlakRocket, display: true
ReloadDelay: 5, display: true
ROF: 0.2, type: float, display: true, formatter: ROF

Ok so let me explain my thinking here: Less Turrets, lower ROF. But devastating damage and better tracking and range, making a BASE-run require more than just a solo dude in a tanky ship. I made sure that big blocky ships get punished by slightly increasing the Blast Radius and Damage of the turrets.

However other folks might not like such a day/night change that iā€™ve suggested. So i will wait and see how others respond to my proposition.

1 Like

Ok now for my CV suggestions:

Make the MANUAL GUNS, do LOTS more damage.

For instance right now the base pulse laser does a measly: 53 damage. Iā€™d make that about 150 to start with. a 3X increase. I would also increase the range of the manual fire weapons beyond that of the Auto-Tracking turrets so that skillfull flying can be a thing.

The Rocket Manual-fire weapons should have their damage upped to 1000 maybe even 1250 in my opinion. A 2X increase from their current base damage. Iā€™d up their range significantly but not as long as that of the Pulse Laserā€™s as a longer Rocket duration may have negative effects in terms of lag.

Ok, for the Auto-turrets on CVā€™s my opinion is as follows:
Plasma, Extremely low ROF and extremely high splash range/damage. Moderate direct damage.
Pulse Laser: Medium ROF, Higher Damage, (maybe) a bit higher range?
Minigun: Low/Medium range and a lower ROF but higher Base Damage with no splash-damage ofc.
Flak, V.High Damage with Low ROF and slow tracking. High Range.
Rocket: Same as-is. I donā€™t mind Rocket Auto-turrets as they are now.
Artillery: Devastating damage and splash, Should be the most powerful hitter in the game in my opinion.

Also is there a way to configure Thruster power? If so we might be able to drastically nerf the acceleration status of all of the CV thrusters making them take more time to gain/lose speed. Just a thought.

1 Like

You cant change the tracking only rotation speed of guns, they are firing atm so rotation speed is fine the projectiles arenā€™t hitting thou because of projectile speed.

1 Like

Hmm Maybe we can increase projectile speed instead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s what iā€™m saying there is no option for projectile speed in what Rex linked unfortunately so we need to find alternate ways to make them work xD

{ Block Id: 700, Name: TurretBaseFlak
Group: cpgTurret
Material: metalhard
WeaponItem: TurretBaseFlakWeapon
AllowPlacingAt: Base, display: true
IsActivateable: true
IsActivateableInCP: true
IsLockable: true
Info: bkiTurret, display: true
Category: Weapons/Items
BlockColor: "26,50,89"
SizeInBlocks: ā€œ3,2,3ā€, display: true
StackSize: 5
MaxCount: 6, type: int, display: true
BlastRadius: 3
BlastDamage: 80
EnergyIn: 5, type: int, display: true, formatter: Watt
Mass: 2000, type: int, display: true, formatter: Kilogram
HitPoints: 3000, type: int, display: true
RotSpeed: 110, type: int, display: true
Range: 660, type: int, display: true
Damage: 40, display: true
AmmoCapacity: 150, display: true
AmmoType: FlakRocket, display: true
ReloadDelay: 5, display: true
ROF: 0.4, type: float, display: true, formatter: ROF
Zoom: 5, type: float
UnlockCost: 15
UnlockLevel: 15
TechTreeParent: TurretBaseRocket
TechTreeNames: Base
}

1 Like

Thatā€™s cool with me, iā€™d up the Rot speed anyways because why not. And iā€™m happy with the rest of my flak suggestions.

2 Likes

@Wiseman738 Making manual fire weapons out range turrets is a terrible idea.
This just means people go back to sitting just outside turret range and destroying all defenses.
Major step backwards for PVP and removes all skill involved in attacking bases.

1 Like

I meant CV fighting only. Not that rule for SV guns/HV guns. Hope that clears it up!

1 Like

Still the same thing. Doesnā€™t matter if against other CVā€™s or BA or what. Manual fire should have no further range than turrets for that exact reason.

Suppose you are a short distance from your CV. Someone else can come up and destroy your defenses without any chance of consequences.

1 Like

No, For CVs it makes sense. Unlike In a base attack scenario. It means that CV pilots that are good at aiming can do some initial damage before they get within auto-turret range of cvs. INCREASING instead of decreasing or maintaining the skill level of the game.

Also to clarify iā€™m talking about Manual-fire outranging auto-fire ONLY in the context of a CV VS CV encounter. Not SV vs Base, or SV vs CV. Neither of those contexts apply here.

Best regards to ya and nice to hear some alternative opinions!
Wise.

1 Like

Of course you can set projectile speed, all values game needs to do calculations can be adjusted.

There are 2 things - weapon and ammo.

Weapon is what you see here and ammo isnt. Ammo takes care of speeds etc also dmg modifiers.

{ Item Id: 2209, Name: FlakRocket
StackSize: 500
Mass: 1, type: int, display: false, formatter: Kilogram
Category: Weapons/Items
{
Damage: 360
BlastRadius: 3
BlastDamage: 360
Speed: 500
Range: 660
Ballistic: False
DamageMultiplier_1: 1, data: head
DamageMultiplier_2: 0.1, data: body
DamageMultiplier_3: 0.01, data: stone
DamageMultiplier_4: 0.01, data: dirt
DamageMultiplier_5: 10, data: rock
BlastDamageMultiplier_1: 1, data: head
BlastDamageMultiplier_2: 0.1, data: body
BlastDamageMultiplier_3: 0.4, data: stone
BlastDamageMultiplier_4: 0.4, data: dirt
}
UnlockLevel: 1
TechTreeNames: Hidden
}

Rexxx let us just see small part :slight_smile:

What i like here is BALISTIC that sounds cute

3 Likes

The one issue i appreciate is game stability, but iā€™m not sure how we get around that. Maybe reduce ROF of manual fire weapons?

1 Like

sweet! thanks elfi, from my knowledge flak has really nice projectile speed, so ill be sure to remember 500 as being good :]

1 Like

There is nothing to get around. Setting manual fire weapons to a greater range than turrets will result in people sitting outside turret range and wiping your structure out, free from all harm. Period.

Look at it this way. People just waiting for you to log off to attack your CV.
All they have to do is fly in after you log off with manual fire weapons and wipe out everything without your structure having a chance at standing until offline protection kicks in.

Making manual fire weapons have a greater range than turrets WILL result in griefing, in one way or another.

2 Likes

Hmm i wouldnā€™t call it Griefing as such. I also would never leave my CV open to attack when iā€™m offline. However i park my CV in PVE space so i can see how this is an issue for those without that luxury.

Iā€™m ok if you have the manual fires have the same range as the longest-range Turret (Arty i presume). However unless we seriously change the thruster config youā€™re still going to get CVā€™s kiting in and out of turret range to release their manual fire salvos.

Personally iā€™d love to see us majorly change the specifics on thrusters so CVā€™s take a long time to accelerate and to slow down (as well as to turn) in space.

Best regards
Wise,

1 Like

Yes, and you solve that problem by making manual fire weapons at least a couple hundred meters LOWER than turrets. This gives the turrets a chance to lock on and fire.

1 Like