Lost Gold ore Due to a disconnect

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Lost 217980 gold Ore due to a disconnect from the server

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Revelrous

Server? (EU or NA)
=> EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Around 12:00 am

On which Playfield?
=> Venture Primus

Structure Name(s)?
=> N/A

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> N/A

How can we help you now?
=> I would like my gold back

what did you do when the disconnect happend?

I loaded into the player field hit tab and went into my base inventory grabbed the gold coins from the gold went to my atm at my ship that was parked at the top of my base and put the coins into the atm and right after i did so I got disconnected and loaded back in and the atm had no money inside and the coins wern’t at my base either.

Hey,

sadly there is not much we can do about it :frowning:
We have no logs about it and therefore can’t refund anything

… i mean i have proof i had the ore

Do you have a video of the event?
Otherwise we can’t do much , sorry.

I don’t have a video of what happened but i have a picture of the ore. I understand that a video is better evidence but, is there no log for atm transactions and such, because i put it into the atm and got disconnected.

The game has not much information about that. Due to the possibility that someone could also just try to trick us (dropping of it, putting it in another cargo box, etc…), we have to be fair to everyone and not restore it (since we can’t proof it).

is there not inventory logs

As mentioned. There is nothing we can do, sorry.

Well Jascha, I’m not trying to trick you I just want to play on your server and enjoy it but when I get disconnected and lose stuff y’all can’t help me. I mined the gold for like 2 hrs because I just started back on the server. Like how am I supposed to enjoy the server when I keep losing stuff and the staff won’t help at all… Thanks

Its still an “Alpha-Game” even if its out of the Alpha Phase. Bugs happen and we try our best to help the devs fix those bugs. But we cannot compensate for every bug even if we wish to. Some because there is just no time to replace every ones loss, others because there is not much information about it.

Your case is: We have not enough logs about the issue. According to the logs we see, you could have dropped the stuff and someone else picked it up, or you put it into a cargo box and just disconnected. But we do not know “where” the gold went. I am not saying you did this, but its just unclear for us.
Now if we would say: dont worry we will replace it anyhow, then guess who comes tomorrow. 100 people claiming they lost something, but in reality they just dropped it to fool us. You would not like us to help them either right?

Therefore we have to draw a line and can’t replace everything. We have to at least see in our logs prove enough that a bug could have happend and things are lost. (or as we encourage everyone: Make a Video recording)

And as in this example we can’t do that always. I’m very sorry.

I fully understand Jascha but it’s kinda shitty to run a server on a buggy game and not compensate people for their loss due to the bugs. I understand in this case you have no other choice but to tell me to suck it up.

Well, you decided to play a still buggy game and by that already accept and expect bugs. And if you play on our server you also agree to our rules and way of dealing with such bugs. Same would be on every other server.

I guess you are a new player, otherwise you would know that we are refunding/restoring stuff like no other server does. We spend sweat and tears to be able to restore stuff in the first place or understand the game to be able to help. We created tools, bothered the devs to change things and all of this just, so empyrion players can still enjoy this game even though there are still many bugs. So you are welcome.

I understand your frustrations but your expectations are a bit off.

2 Likes

As was already said, they would be more than willing to replace it if you had actual proof. In this case the only proof that would suffice is a full video recording of the entire event.

Without video proof of the entire event they only have your word to go on, since it is impossible for them to know what happened to the gold. The game simply doesn’t generate logs of this kind of thing (something for us as players to complain to Eleon about).

No there isn’t logs of what goes into the ATM and that is the problem here. The game doesn’t share that information with the admins and it isn’t able to be captured by the API either.
This means without video they can’t prove what you say is true.

This is why it is suggested that everyone record all their gameplay on the server. Certain situations simply can’t be helped without absolute proof. This is one of them sadly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.