Misuse of offline protection continues

The very same people who complained about OP towers have now allied with another always offline faction and had them put towers across the Golden Globe. This level of hypocrisy is absurd. Arguing with RexXxus to find a loophole so you can abuse OP.
TAW has clearly stated its intent to turn the PvP playfield Golden Globe into their personal PvE business where players pay them to mine without PvP, now using Offline Protected allied towers as a road of protection. Well done that is clearly what RexXxus wanted OP used for.
I am calling you out, since you canā€™t out PvP 2 guys in homemade SVā€™s with Garage V-Wings and superior numbers you have to use offline allies as well. We have broken all alliances and fought you on your home turf and you still refuse to fight fairly even with 4 SVā€™s and 2 HVā€™s against our 2 SVā€™s.

4 Likes

Just want to point out that a lot of people talking with me about OP and

Isnā€™t true.

I am quite tired of that topic and just hope for the changes coming to alpha 8 regarding OP + alliances. Unfortunately way to late.

If people try to fool me with bending rules to their favor just to say ā€œna na na, it was within your rulesā€, I will start a more radical approach.

I trust to common sense, fair play and a fun PvP meta, we tried hard to achieve with our HWS Config.

To have a territorial war or even create a business out of it, is your game, not ours. But to do it with blatant OP tower abuse (alt account usage) nobody have a chance against is breaking the above mentioned spirit.

I give this spirit a bit of time to establish still but as soon as the alpha 8 / HWS 8 preparations start end of the week I donā€™t have time for this anymore.

4 Likes

Thank you. Thank you very much.

Hey Grizzly,

I completely understand your frustration with this. While, I donā€™t want to see these tactics being used many people feel as if we do not have a choice.

Why? Well, to put it simply the Op4/TPP/PKA alliance started this whole mess with 419/SNA and to my current knowledge (I havenā€™t check int the last two days) continue to do so. If you include the fact that GRG/PoR are basically 1 or 2 man factions that complicate things even further with regards to OLP.

Here is the problem as I see it:

Op4/Tpp/PKA started the mess and continued to blatantly abuse the system in the form of SNA/419 and potentially other faction bases. This eventually forced TAWā€™s hand to come up with a countermeasure.

Here is the solution:

Everyone agrees that these alt/not real factions bases should go away, and agree not to ā€˜abuseā€™ the system. This will make things easier on Rex, who will be happier, and that will lead to everyone else being happier on the server.

As for small 1-2 man factions like Ace/Por/GRG etcā€¦, I understand they were legit factions before that banded together because of our dominance of GG - so I donā€™t want to say ā€œwell they should become one alliance so to avoid cheeseā€, since it seems like you guys banded together out of need. The rules do favour smaller factions vs big factions because of structure limits at this moment - but I believe changes are coming down the pipleine to fix that.

So in summary, letā€™s all agree to get rid of the cheese and get back to real PvP.

Also, letā€™s try and stick to facts here - no personal attacks etcā€¦

This is untrue, no rules regarding those towers were changed or affected in any way.

Misuse of offline protection continues

The very title of this post tells me that you now recognize that you have abused this. We have video proof, should you deny this. It seems that the message the towers had intended to send was received.

This is disgustingly untrue. We provide a means for players (smaller factions, solo, who just want to be able to afford toys/OCD/OAMs like everyone else) to mine safely by providing security with ships, not towers.

That said, we have talked with our allies in the factions you mention and the towers will be removed; pending no further cheesing of the rules on your part.

I mentioned the other day that factions should be able to police themselves to avoid unfair play and abusing game mechanics that is not in the spirit of the game. The race to the bottom hurts everyone, server admins especially, as people try to lawyer their way into something that benefits them. While completely legal in the rules it is NOT in the spirit of the game or fair PVP.

Now that the SNA towers have fallen letā€™s make sure that tactic is not used again.

To Ranzeth:

TPP and allies did not start this. Perhaps you forgot the 10+ towers near you in the beginning of the server, most of which had OLP on constantly? Perhaps TAW staying logged off last weekend when they would typically be logged in was a coincidence and not intended to provide ACP with OLP towers while they reclaimed some ground?
I donā€™t like pointing fingers, but donā€™t you dare accuse my faction of starting this. That is plainly false.

To State:

Iā€™m glad you have asked the Russians who came from EU explicitly to place OLP towers for you to remove them. I will point out that one of them was banned from NA for 6mo for OLP abuse, so this may well be in their best interest regardless. Yours as well since Abrum blatantly admitted the intent of those towers in chat today.

I cannot personally say what SNA nor 419 will do, as I donā€™t control them, not do I request anything of them (contrary to your constant accusations). Iā€™m not sure why you playing fair (by your own words) was contingent on toppling SNA towers. What I will say is that the finger pointing needs to stop, since it is obvious that you donā€™t know how your opponents operate, nor can you claim innocence.

God speed the day that OLP mechanics are fixed.

1 Like

LOL, so I dont need ā€œprotectionā€ from anyoneā€¦that means I can come mine without you engaging me? LOL yea right! Put your moneyā€¦goldā€¦where your mouth is lol

1 Like

Some Respect here, please!

3 Likes

@Supreme_Admiral Letā€™s stick in the present right now.

Op4/TPP/PKA started this alt/fake OLP business with SNA and then 419. Any bases we had in 7.0 or 7.5 are real factions. The only one who is not currently active is Div, and that is beacuse their member base is currently engaged in other games at the moment, though they do have 2 or 3 sort of active members right now.

If Op4/TPP/PKA can agree to stop using SNA/419 and other such factions for OLP then I will make sure that TAW has theirs removed as well.

I think that is something we should all be able to agree upon. This behaviour from both sides regardless of who started it is causing stress to the server owner - thatā€™s something we should all bear in mind.

Regarding these EU players that TAW allied with - I know nothing about that or who they are.

The only Russian or other EU server towers that i know of on Golden Globe were used to attack us. The OGR towers arent russian, someone else said that. It was so laughable, I sarcastically said ā€œoh yeaā€¦weā€™re with the russiansā€. You are the only ones allied with any faction that has had members perma banned.

You guys brought in a ton of factions last weekend, and some of them were from EU, and some were russian. How do i know? Because i have copies of their tanks. And guess what?? The names of the tanks are inā€¦wait for itā€¦RUSSIAN.

If you want video of TPP hiding under the last two ALT towers on GG (SNA towers i personally tore down), i will gladly provide. Pictures too, turns out your ships are very photogenic.

Since one of our towers was out of power and you had already lumberjacked the other, not sure what our towers really did other than prevent you from getting really any easy ship kills.

BUT, like i told you in chat. This is PVP, we arent stupid, we organized we waited for our opportunity and we logged on with 7 people. And the counter attack was on, and it was an AMAZING day of PVP. Tanks died, SVā€™s were shot down, and towers fell. We held the planet, we had damaged bases, but lost not one of em. It was the single greatest day of pvp most of us ever had, and im glad you guys tried. Hope you try again.

The only garage ship we lost was an x-7. The Moljnir and badger were refunded, as the OLP failed to protect them like it was supposed to. The OLP was supposed to cover the entire base, but didnt come all the way down to the ground enabling it to be shot under.

So in the end, no idea what you mean by this statementā€¦

ā€œOp4/TPP/PKA started this alt/fake OLP business with SNA and then 419.ā€

419 has been a faction for some time. I recall it existing at least 2 seasons agoā€¦ and Dusty in SNA is no alt. On top of that, we ā€œstartedā€ nothing. We responded to your OLP by beefing Dustyā€™s faction so that he could use it as well. Once more, you donā€™t know how we operate, so please stop pretending that you do.

ā€œYou guys brought in a ton of factions last weekendā€¦ and some were russian.ā€

Nope. We didnā€™t fight with a single Russian that entire day as far as I know. There were three players from EU that wanted to start something here (95% sure none are Russian), Op4 joined them, and everyone else piled on. Thatā€™s simply incorrect.

ā€œsomeone else said that.ā€

Nope, it was you. I edited my previous post with the screenshot. Can you seriously not remember what transpired just hours ago? Man, you sure do like to embelish, Abrum. If there arenā€™t Russian towers on GG, then I suppose I was foolish to accept anything you say as fact. My mistake. I should have known better.

ā€œit was an AMAZING day of PVP. Tanks died, SVā€™s were shot down, and towers fell. We held the planet, we had damaged bases, but lost not one of em. It was the single greatest day of pvp most of us ever had, and im glad you guys tried. Hope you try againā€

Well, Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it. Many of us did as well. As Iā€™ve mentioned, my connection where I live blows. Iā€™ll be moving soon so will hopefully be able to participate in larger fights like that shortly without DCing every minute or two. We accomplished what we wanted (got into hanger and shot at ships) and you accomplished what you wanted (preserve presence at your stronghold), so I guess each of us were met with a degree of success.

Iā€™m probably shooting myself in the foot by doing this, butā€¦ extends handā€¦ the two of us have a rather toxic relation in chat. State earned some respect from me, and I believe I from him. Weā€™ve been cordial enough lately. For the sake of the community, Iā€™ll tone down rhetoric in chat towards you hoping youā€™ll do likewiseā€¦ waits for you to shake hand

ā€œas far as i knowā€. Beautifulā€¦because that tells everyone the truth.

ANYONE that will look at that can obviously see that was sarcasm. You can, but youā€™re desperate to get some footing while falling on your face in this.

ā€œā€œas far as i knowā€. Beautifulā€¦because that tells everyone the truthā€

I knew two of the players were not Russian. Common sense would say that the third was also likely not.

" youā€™re desperate to get some footing while falling on your face in this."

Yup, shot myself in the foot acting in good faith. I can see the toxicity runs in your blood. No getting rid of it. Youā€™re truely a blight on the server. shakes head

419 is either an inactive player who doesnā€™t do much or an ALT.
SNA (Dusty) I have never seen play, if he is playing he must be do it for a hour at night when everyone is sleeping. I heard it suggested by a TPP or PKA member that SNA was someoneā€™s kids account or something along those lines.

Regarding those two factions: they arenā€™t ā€˜realā€™ factions, they donā€™t actively play, they just put towers down and log out creating OLP towers.

Iā€™ll ask again - please have those bases removed. Both of those players obviously donā€™t play, and you guys are using them as protection towers - thatā€™s the issue here.

Have them remove those bases and we can have ours removed. That is what I would like.

1 Like

Sticks and stones Supreme, sticks and stones.

Pretending to be the better man, and actually being it, are two different things.

None of this crap matters, there was a great day of PVP. I hope for more, and you know where to find me.

Iā€™m not about to start telling other players they need to do anything, Ranzeth. Thats not how we play. As Iā€™ve said, I donā€™t control them, and Iā€™m not about to start trying to. I donā€™t know much about 419 other than that Iā€™ve seen it before, but I can tell you SNA is a legitimate faction and Iā€™m not the kind of person that tells others how to play the game. That decision simply isnā€™t up to me or anyone else outside of SNA. Please stop insisting that I attempt to control other factions.

Tells us Supreme why there were two SNA towers on Golden Globe. You know SNA isnt on there, we know they arent. Never one SNA ship. They just decided they would drop two towers with OLP and solar panels and leave, never to return? Just happened to do it the day of the major assault and leave before it ever started?

They did it just to mess with us right, no other reason? And that you are allied with them was just a coincidence?

The race to the bottom, this is why Im playing other games at the moment :smiley:

1 Like