My items disappeared

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I relogged from hws creative and my backpack and toolbar items disappeared.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Kapter

Server? (EU or NA)
=> EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 11pm server time.

On which Playfield?
=> Venture Anubis JVI private planet

Structure Name(s)?
=> KAPTER BASE

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?

How can we help you now?
=> Can You restore my items?

Did you read that?

Then you know we don’t restore items anymore.

To be honest I don’t read everything as I am just a user and this information was not in the bold letter highlighted area. I also had no idea that creative gets updated as well. Not restoring items I understand as I must not have been the first one this has happened to. I lost quiet a lot as I was about to move stuff from EU to NA including a lvl 3 teams certificate and ammunition but it is just my time and effort which was lost. A general message ingame warning the people to refresh the config files would be appreciated so this don’t happen to others in the future. Thanks and good night

1 Like

Hi Rex - I’m going to be honest I missed this issue myself - fortunately not had any issues so far. I’m unclear why a scenario would affect connecting to HWS though? I keep all the old versions of the scenario in my scenarios folder, and just make a new one with the date on when i update - so i don’t lose the old playfields with half finished builds etc on them.

Will this cause an issue, as technically I have all the old scenarios sitting there? Is it a cache issue?

Any thought to distributing the scenario via Steam, so people can get auto-updates?

It is a known game bug that the devs haven’t fixed yet.
You have to completely exit the game in between switching scenarios currently to avoid the bug, as things aren’t unloading correctly. So yes, a caching issue with the game.

Just having the old scenario isn’t the issue. It’s only an issue if you load it and then switch to the server without exiting the game first.

1 Like

Thanks that makes sense - sounds like they are sharing cache or something to that affect, hopefully will get resolved soon.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.