New big HWS Feature | Star Fragment Memory [Cancled for now]

Please whatever you decide, don’t make people do missions/quests. The main reason I like Empyrion is that there are no forced chores or the 2000s type “bring me 5 cups of coffee 300x type of quests” that are made for people having absolutely nothing better to do than mindlessly kill time. Please keep in mind the soul of Empyrion with this feature and stick to that it is completely up to you what you do and how you choose to obtain things.

With that in mind I suggest you add various ways to obtain “whitelist” to avoid loss of resources. It could be simple as the play time or discovering certain amount of poi or have certain amount of NPC’s killed. To fight inflation you could also allow to buy this whitelist with credits or RP. Say 50 million to reduce wiped OCD by 10%… Credits are nowadays often obtained through sell structures which massively reduces gained and stored resources and actually increases scarcity a lot. If it wasn’t for rich asteroids most resources would be a lot less common now because they are turned to minimal amount of credits.

And for sure can keep the star fragments as one of the options. I like that idea 100%, just to stick to the soul of the game and genre, add more options. I would say increase the base rate, maybe 30-50% per season with various ways to lower it with let’s say 30-70 hours of activity of players choice. This should mean players don’t really need to pay attention to it for as long as they are playing

Sorry for the multi edits… ideas are just flying through my head.

What about making the HWS Ingots a possible resource sink instead?

A bit of work will need to go into exchange rates and possible rebalance of what can be bought with Ingots.
example:
100,000 resource ingots = HWS ingots
Gold = 50
Erestrum = 20
Iron = 5

Maybe to keep it simple, just have the exchange as ingots to ingots to get people to stop keeping constructed items in OCD and they should deconstruct to get the ingots to trade. As well as a credits and RP conversion too.

This way people have many additional choices on what to start with the next season e.g.
OCD with kept credits and reduce BP timer

• Brings purpose to HWS+ again with spending/grinding resources rather than hoarding stuff.

• You get to monitor the economy at a finer level as you can increase the cost of HWS Ingots for features in the shop.

• Patreon you could change to not give things like an OCD, more like a tier discount on the ingots

• OAM seasonal wipe as this can be achieved using HWS ingots (Although possible reimbursement with credits on what they are currently worth to then trade for HWS ingots / get a keep credits for next season)

Other ideas for HWS ingots:

• Star fragments = 20 HWS ingots each

• HWS Ingots from mission reward

• Buy origin XP with HWS ingots

• Higher level OCD’s are achievable to everyone where you can spend Ingots on keep credits and buy origin xp

• HWS ingots per player kill

• Different play styles are catered for… dont want to do star fragments… then go mine… you don’t want to mine, then go POI and deconstruct, don’t want to POI then go PVP

Possible economy control of HWS ingots:

• Inactivity for a season minus a percentage

• Cap on how many you can have = sum of all items on sale for HWS Ingots (Enough to buy all major perks from the shop in one season)

a few things are being missed by some causing a lot of anxiety.

1. this is a discussion and nothing is ever “set in stone”

2. we have at least 4 months until any of this is implemented

3. the PvP aspects is mainly for the HWS+ side

4. the difficulty of obtaining the star fragments pales in comparison to any other missions out there

there’s no boss fight. there’s no army to take on. no monotonous grinding. you literally walk up to a console and click next. as a bonus you gain thousands of origin XP. it’s a custom HWS puzzle that is not too hard to figure out. especially if you pay attention. you don’t even need to bring any cargo with you, just your arses.

taking less than one day out of a season to interact with seven consoles is a very small ask for the amount of work HWS provides to keep a database of what we collect . at the very least it’s someone providing us content and giving us a little bonus for spending some time with it. it’s not like someone is asking us to dig a 4km trench.

1 Like

Good afternoon.

A large number of problems are mixed into one pile. The pile is big and growing. There is no one solution for all these problems. Even a bad one. We’ll have to solve the problems one by one.

Further, only my opinion.

1. The EGS data processing structure does not allow normal PVP…no way…at all…

2. The desire of PVP players is greatly exaggerated. Most of them say they really want to play PVP, but they play PVE. Statistics

In total, the EGS server for PVP is initially a very dubious enterprise.

HWS servers have advantages and disadvantages compared to other servers. The disadvantage is a short season. Dignity — OCD. Your actions with OCD have already alerted the players. Blackmailing players with the safety of their property is a bad idea. Many players will leave, like me.

Ask PA (BDO) about player activity. There is content and there are no bugs and lags — there is activity, but blackmail does not help. And yes, the content should be for players, not for developers.

About the economy. I do not know what is happening on HWS+, but on HWS RE all the signs of deflation. The supply is higher than the effective demand. New players can’t make quick money on current needs, and old ones are already transferring their finances into savings in anticipation of the end of the season. And now this…Bad expectations always reduce activity and stimulate savings. Classics of political economy.

About attempts to force players to play. You can try it. Coercion, bribery and blackmail work very poorly in real life. The game does not work…at all…Only content interesting to players. For example, RE is interesting, but HWS+ is not. Statistics.

Perseverance is a very good quality until it develops into stubbornness.

These are just my thoughts. But maybe they will help.

1 Like

Im not a fan of this.
I think its a terrible idea.
Considering many of us bought OCD 3 to 5 with real money,
Forcing a grind on us to maintain it simply shouldnt be done.

Even without that, the OCD and other features are what make this server great and allow us to play at our own pace.
adittinally, some stuff is really time consuming and difficult to get.
losing some of it because i didnt do your grind would piss me off.

If you force a maintenance grind on us, i know many will move elsewhere.
I personally doubt ill stick around if it is forced apon me.

This isnt an MMO, please dont start treating it like one.

2 Likes

here is 1/7 of that “grind”

the habitable systems mission in RE takes much longer

1 Like

Considering I have no idea where they are or how to find them as I try not to look at spoilers, I’ll stick to my original statement.

1 Like

u are playing in a community. there are many players who will give hints instead of spoilers. all u have to do is ask. we can play RE anywhere. we come here for the HWS experience. all the server owner is asking is to look at his content.

1 Like

I’ve played a lot of games where you work hard to progress and then all that progress is wiped out and you start over and have to begin climbing the ladder again. The fact this server has a provision where you don’t have to do that grind completely over and over is why I picked it. Are players being forced to use OCD who don’t want to use it?

4 Likes

not at all. using HWS connect has always been completely optional. the change is the “inactive” players will no longer be able to keep OCD/OAM contents for several seasons without some type of activity contribution. be it time spent in game or money spent on the supporter page. those who don’t use HWS connect are unaffected by this change and start over each server wipe.

something that is most likely being overlooked is this is not emptying anyone’s OCD at all. this is taking a small portion at the end of a season if specific tasks are not completed. the actual amount that is taken gets smaller each season.

example:
beginning with 100,000 of an item in an OCD slot depletes to 80,000 after 6 months of inactivity. then 64,000 after 3 more months. 51k, then 40k, and finally 32k after missing a total of a year and a half which is six seasons.

the initial thought of 100% loss after missing five seasons is probably what’s being focused on. (20% x 5 seasons)

also another thing that is being missed, legendary items are one per slot no matter what level so 20% of 1 item is not going to take it away. those with OCD 10 will feel this pain the most though. perhaps there should be specific items excluded from the decay.

I wouldn’t call 20% a “small portion” at all. That is a HUGE portion…

Not only that, but some of us have gold in our OCDs that we have spent MANY seasons grinding for.
Gold that we NEED in order to upgrade our various things.

Yes, some of us have to spend multiple (many) seasons grinding for gold in order to upgrade things.
Some of us can’t spend real money every season so we can store more gold in our banks, so we have to use the OCD until we have enough saved up.

People are also overlooking the real fact that there are just too many things in HWS these days.
What do I mean? Over the years we have gained feature after feature after feature.
This is a great thing, but it also means that there are just too many things to focus our time on.

Some of us may only get a couple to a few hours a week we can play the game.
I’m certainly not going to spend a second of my limited time hunting star fragments when there are just too many other things I need to do as well.

Then there is also the fact that not only does HWS constantly change, but the guide is typically lagging behind by a season or two. So unless you spend all your time reading hard to find posts on discord you miss a TON of info.

If I am limited to a few hours a week (I am lately) I am never going to have time to hunt for star fragments.
I may even go 4+ seasons before I do a single star fragment.

But I should be punished for not having time to do specific HWS features?
In this scenario I am still an active player, but all your “checks” will show I am an inactive player and punish me.

I don’t like this one bit. I don’t see any fair way to check for activity either, because as I illustrated above, a player may only have a couple hours a week to play. That player is still an active player, yet they will likely fail any activity checks we come up with. Doesn’t seem right to punish someone for not having much time…

3 Likes

agreed, there is no single measurement for activity that would work alone. even getting a fragment taxi service once a season doesn’t legitimately show someone’s activity. this is why there needs to be several factors in this equation.

total amounts of play time, RP gained, vote counts, and many of the things in the B ranking menu can be used for this. just don’t follow that specific board because it has a tendency to reset some stats. HWS connect has better record-keeping than empyrion :wink:

1 Like

i feel it should be more like a merit system. certain actions give merit points (i know, another damn point system) players with 100% merit, keep 100% of their stock.

The new content now sounds like “Do the old content!”. Cool, I’m for it! :slight_smile:

All fragments MUST be placed in the PVP zone!

Hey Rexx )

Well this is seen from your side: “Who would ignore 2000+ origin xp”. You might consider it an insane amount (and actually, it is), but it’s only if you wish to upgrade another HWS feature (I count selling the occasionnal ships and buying on market as covered with normal RP + daily gift/vote)

So, it’s all connected : I would be interested in lots of RP because I need a higher feature (OCD, REcy, any), so I need RP. But I also need to farm the credits for it. Also some a somewhat linked. If you want to sell ships/components, you need OCD > To fill the ocd you need Recycler > To be worth all of that, now you need EB8+. That’s a heavy heavy investment (in time, credits and RP) for the couple people who will actually have an impact on economy afterwards. If it did ‘not’ have that impact / buying power, no one would bother with all these. Would you invest in failing stocks purposely ? :smiley:

Once it’s all done and upgraded, 3 choices :
Pay to keep it next season => I did last season (EB/Recy) and this way I both saved my sanity from the neverending farm, and contributed to the server. but not everyone can/want.
To farm it again next season => Which is hell, no thanks. That’s also why OCD/OAM feel so much nicer.
Abandon it entirely => Which I might, when I have less playtime, then it won’t be worth paying to keep, and I’d save hours of farm to do fun activities instead.

I enjoy more farming small AUX that get wasted on weekends against JVI, because it brings fun, than I ever will enjoy farming the features. Yes, they are awesome and give great benefits, but the process to acquire them is not interesting at all (farm, sell, upgrade, repeat…). So one day, I could choose to stop my eb/recy/other and just enjoy a quiet season or two, and I wouldn’t need these Origin XP at all
=> Sorry this was long, just to show that these Origin XP ‘worth’ isn’t as evident as you would want it to be (which is perfectly understandable)

Also, as many others have said, OCD is a very touchy subject. That’s the main reason most (or a lot) of us started to play here regularly. Because precisely we got bored of Eleon wipes every 1-6 months randomly and having to do everything all over again. OCD saved us from that and we’re free to either restart or go back to where we were at will. This should show that doing things over and over is not exactly what people here expect ))

Bob : Yes, I could do it within a day, because I have late game stuff and even if I didn’t, faction could help me. I never said it was ‘a lot’ to do. I’m saying that I’m not interested, that it has little meaning toward ‘active/contributor’ (I could come 3 days every 3 months only to do that. I would be ‘active’ and it would annoy me. Nothing positive for the server) and that I don’t like being forced :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The only issue I see is this means no one can ever take a season off without losing their stuff, which sometimes people need for whatever reason. The perk of OCD allows a person not to have to start over…one of the reasons I chose HWS to begin with…and this seems to be counter to the intent of OCD frankly.

Maybe add in a “keep your stuff safe for a season” purchase choice if part of this is about funds (like keeping your bank/whatever other thing isn’t “permanent”).

2 Likes

I feel that the feature 100% needs fine tuning. 20%of an ocd10 is like wiping an ocd2 every season you dont play.

Thats a little unfair when players leave knowing they have something to come back to in say 1 year after a break so they can see a real change.

Ok you can Pay real money to negate the feature as Patreon, buy it with real money as a supporter package or again with hws ingots. Another thing you can buy with real money or forced to grind in game for the rp to convert to hws ingots to pay for the supporter package.

Please re consider the % that you take away from our hard earned work when we feel we want to take a break from the server. The recent changes to ocd have already put a lot of players off . This if not done right will only push more away, losing revenue and active player count.

New players thats fine, but the guys who take a 1 year break lose 80% of their ocd unless they pay REAL money for a virtual storage to jump back into

1 Like

3 Likes