New Blueprint Class Formula + Emp Class Calculator update

Next Question is - when will we get a new experimental version, so that we can really assess the impact of these proposed changes?

Instead of crying around i suggest something completely different:

Only authorise class 1 SV, where internal layers are nothing but real cubes (no pyramid, cylinders,spheres, empty spacesā€¦)
Then everybody will fly with tiny fragile ships .
Fights wonā€™t last more than 10 seconds, everyone will be able to lag shot his opponents, SV will be really cheap, servers will have a huge performance imprpvment and fights will be only won because you were the first to aim and shoot with precision and because you know how to dodge.

But iā€™m sure everyone is afraid of that.

Thatā€™s wha I am anticipating; legions of 20 block SVs dropping like flies!!!

Exactly.
One shot one kill, who doesnā€™t like star wars dogfights?

1 shot 1 kill? what would be the point in armor? or variety in weapons? that would make this game worse than cod

1 Like

I donā€™t want to say anything negative, trying to stay positive. XD

2 Likes

Thatā€™s positively a negative statement.

Shame!

1 Like

Donā€™t make me delete that post like the other 20 I have deleted!

3 Likes

And now threatening other players? shame colinā€¦ shame

4 Likes

Has only Pyramids that theory triangles??

Iā€™m sorry Rexxxus, but that simply doesnā€™t make sense. Shots have never gone through armor in single player, it happens in high lag situations. Whether that is a framerate related issue or a network latency issue I donā€™t know, but I have never been able to reproduce it in single player, only high population multiplayer servers.

I think it has more to do with holes inside the ship compared to the amount of triangles on a pyramid.
Theory as in there is 6 sides to a cube but actual as in only some of those sides are shown, so if iā€™m getting this right even thou a cube is 12 triangles in the current patch if you put 8 cubes in a bigger cube and save the blue print it will show 96 triangles and in the new patch the same thing will show 48 triangles because half the faces are not calculated.

Cool drama.

But I like this change. Next time reduce block count, and it will be MORE MORE better. Less box = more fun.

No.

Maybe and for sure on high load CPU / Network more weird stuff is happening. Nevertheless code-wise the hitbox/collision/damage/PvP part is done Client side. Client A sent ā€œ10 damage rocketā€ to Client B. Client B get ā€œ10 damage rocketā€. Maybe not smooth instant like in SP but he getā€™s it, sooner or later.
That is what I know.

Now the big lagshot problem back in the days got fixed with help of others and my singleplayer savegame

Bottom of the post:
http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-6-0-out-now.11547/

Because it wasnā€™t the network lag but just other things in the code / collision what caused this.

Regarding the SV event or still having lag shots there is one issue we look into where Homeworld is maybe buggy and / or special architecture skills causing this.

But I welcome everyone to build a cube ship and fly it over and over again into enemy turrets in a Singleplayer game.
Let me know if something goes through or not.

1 Like

Is there any official post with the new traingle counts of each block type?

Lag shots still exist for devices; I have lost devices in middle of my ship with barely any damage. I have also witness someone rammed and the other player lost a core in a prefab.

Pyramids defended your ship the best in both PVP and PVEā€¦ Conspiracy against pyramids! because people thought my ship was ugly and it beat them! haha.

1 Like

Also is this change happening this week?

do we need to be packing up?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m wondering kinda, considering everything that we have spawned in,not sure whether to just start recycling, or keep working on things. A little lost as to what to do now, this new change will mean i have to recycle almost every base and ship i own in some way.

EEEP, my current CVā€™s are class 7 according to your calculator. Um, how many days do we have?

After stripping my CV down to something that is only a transport, I am still trapped in a class 4 or 5 with your new calculations. I advise raising the class size for CVā€™s on your server, otherwise ships will have no unique design aesthetics to them and thus boring cubes. with layers of empty space between each armor layer.

We seem to be running the best we have so far why is the class limit on cvs not being raised to match currant standings such as class 6 or 7 seem to be where most peoples ships will be after update it makes the most sense to me to lift the restriction to 7 to prevent loss in gameplay i mean 500+hr players are gonna get bored and move on weve lost so many dedicated players already and ive last a large bit of my crew from this server restricting more and more which has been understandable to give a smoother running game but now that things are running smoother were gonna take an even bigger hit than before this is a pop killer for sure if not adjusted

1 Like

How the real triangles is count? What does it mean? If i place blocks in different places - my class will be different? So we cant to predict how much triangles we have?

One cube block = 12 tri. If we place another one then we have: (12+12)-(2+2) = 20(real) and 24 (theory)? That correct?

P.S. Devs like always - they do not search easy ways. BTW why they just dont add more theoty tri to this shaped blocks? Pyramid = 20 tri not 6. Sloope = 14 not 8. etc. And all be good.

BUT we see all when 6.6 is out.

And about 1 class SV - before devs not fix space combat\missile speed and network lags we do not need huge SV. And base will be more defended. So i still for 1 class HV\SV.

2 Likes