New Blueprint Class Formula + Emp Class Calculator update

If they add more triangles to the pyramid it will only causes people to use slopes or walls or something that isn’t square and it wont fix the lag issue, your calculations are right if i’m understanding it correctly. Which means the thicker our walls are the more blocks we can put together with less tri’s per block (efficiency ratio).

You guys are not taking into account that your ships will have less triangles after patch as well which means if you put the new tri’s into Rex’s new calculator it will be lower than 6-7. I have a feeling our tri’s will half and a bit less than half if you don’t have holes in your ship’s (as in full blocks between the outer and inner layer of your hull), try using 40% of your current tri count in the calculator and see if its back down to 3 or close.

@RexXxuS when this lower count comes in will you open the recycle for 24hrs for everyone everywhere? Or we will get screen full of warning as we cannot get all our “soon to be higher class” items broke down.

Simply put, this update just means that class restrictions have now been reduced to class 1 as building class 1 ships from the current version are classified as class 3 in the new update and that is even without pyramids. All they did was make the class size bigger.

Hopefully this may only remain experimental and not be intended for the live release.

No free recycle this time, but we make sure it will be till season II or so compatible and won’t seize structures.

Simply put: this happens if you don’t read the memo and assume blindly.

Re-read that post:

2 Likes

Ok I have re-read this several times carefully and I think I got a better idea now… Triangles have been fully accounted for and replacing the pyramids with actual cubes now reduces the class size, so it appears they fixed it and did a great job after all! I’ll play around with this on creative in the experimental branch when I get a chance.

My apologies for my ignorance for not understanding it correctly.

1 Like

Here is what we will all be using in 6.6 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=961252567&searchtext=basic

Yeah i have one of this dedly SV in my BP library i called it - EVIL FLY (male) lol.

I like the new class system. At the moment there is a huge size difference between classes. Eleon split classes to smaller ones, this way server owners can create more accurate class restrictions.
My no triangle structures will doubles their class size. My opinion is to rethink the class restrictions.

I recommend for:

• SV and HV: class 2 because it’s equals to actual class 1 which is a fine size
  • CV: class 4 because it’s equals to a fat class 2 --> 33% size reduction
  • BA: class 3 for private bases, class 6 for faction bases

Rex I asked you ingame chat, but I write it again to don’t forget and I’m also interested what others think about my idea. It would be good if u give us a 1 week waiting time after server is patched. Increase the class limits to lvl10 for a week and we can rework our structures a “littlebit” for the new class restrictions.

I think 1st class SV and HV, in THIS class-system would be n1.
CV class 3 like it was. Reduced? Thats GOOD > we got more chances to end some how dat epic-long CV battles.

@RexXxuS BTW - Lag-shots still in. Yes, now we got them not so often, but still got 1-2 during fight.

And now we have inside collision “lagshots” ) I try to ram a big CV by my SV. SV hull is in one peace but 30% of internal devices are destroyed.

Why Class 10, and not 11? Why not 12, 13, … ?
We won’t increase the global blueprint class but instead turn off the feature to seize your ships if they are breaking the Class limit. This prevents also people from spawning new and new stuff but instead adjusting existent ones.

Cool story bros but as I wrote: we need a savegame with 100% reproducible scenario. Otherwise nothing will be ever done. Never.

I forget to write my maxed PvP ship example with full triangles. It has 315 devices, 6 light, and 93760 triangles. It will be class 7 from v6.6. To reach lvl3 class I have to remove more or less 70% of the ship. In this case to reach future class 4 would be around 45% loss on the ship which is more user friendly. That’s why I say need a rethink of future class restrictions.

How could we MAKE Savegames, if this happens in chaotic mess fight?! I find that I lost some devices, only after this fight ends. Not funny. If it was so easy to reproduce, I think we already give u all info u need. But this happens not often and always in mass fight, when u couldnt check - got u it or not, while it wouldnt end.

Because nobody reaches class 11 so class 10 is enough for every structure.
It would be temporary, and after a week clear the playfields and remove every not allowed class sizes.
Nevermind…

Not nevermind: Existing ones need to be removed because It can generate unfair situations.

If you make me a gamemaster and add full access to the server data - maybe i can make a save from MP battle ) :joy:

P.S. Strange why devs need some special save game or other? They need only 1 CV and 1 SV on the server and ram it 2-3 minutes. SV penetrate the CV by lags and game think that SV collide with CV by it devices.

p.p.s. Now i understand why all this bugs come from prealpha and still here. Devs do not play in their own game and don’t test it. Yeah add new flower is best decision. We all want pets! How cool it be! Just imagine - you go into battle with battle cat on board! Or battle dog :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. TCH with battle hamsters! And they need food every hour. If you are not online they die! So you need to carry on duty every time!

5 Likes

xD LOL! that sounds like a server, for Eleon to test it their side they would need to make AI that can control player made vessels then just spawn in 30 on their side… but I don’t think they can make such an AI unfortunately.

Make videos and send logs to devs.
That should be enough to prove it’s not fixed at all.

Because they need to code it in their editor. Just playing it as you do on a foreign MP server does not help that much.

First step would be to test this in SP / local dedi. Flying over and over with the same blueprint against enemy turrets and see if it works or not.

Then test this also on SP / local Dedi and see if it happens or not.

Only then we have 100% knowledge that it is coming from the network or code.

Yeah, this was to be expected to come. In the end it’s not true. Actually quite silly. In Alpha playing the game is your job. Devs = Developers. At least playing like Multiplayer, stressing the game to its limits.
Bringing the flower example is also dumb because if the team has one dedicated modeler he can do it while the other coders fix lag shots. A modeler can’t fix lag shots so that is what he does.
Anyways hater gonna hate. Your problem.

4 Likes

I had a CV with 3 stright cube layers all around, got lagshot. Then I made bigger CV at least 5-6 straight cube layers all around not to get lagshot. I even put fuel cells, generator, ammo boxes and oxy tubes 2 different rooms(there are 8 rooms) if one got lagshot others survive, all of them got lagshot and ı lost the cv

The point is I am making bigger and stronger cv not get lagshot (ı spent a lot of time making those cv by the way). now you put more restrictions to cv is not going to solve the real problem. Going back to drawing board again and again to make those cvs smaller which ı spent so much time is not fair.

this is getting boring people are just repeating what others are saying and not reading other posts. @RexXxuS I think this post needs to be closed until the change happens.

1 Like