HWS Feature: NPC Trader

Well technically yes - easy peasy. Why? Because we had this already before Eleon released their version of marketplace :smiley:
Would be just a click for us to activate it again. We could implement it to HWS Connect again. A local marketplace.
We deactivated it in favour of the Eleon marketplace. Since we wanted that you use this and give feedback so Eleon can make it better.
But just after the Eleon Marketplace we got some opinions that they want our marketplace back :wink:
Anyways if all of you want it back - let us know.

The NPC Trader has a different approach though. More like a shop with never ending supplies - as long as you have credits. This creates some tactical new ways of gaming before you start a fight for example.

Oh good! Somehow I missed the “old market”.

Let’s see what the community things about that then!

Obviously, if we go “back” to the old way, we have to get rid of the new Marketplace, or make it really really really low profit, for quick and safe trade (something like 50% fee).

We can turn it off yes, but can’t manipulate it like the fees or offers you can trade there. :weary:

Turning it off completely would cause a shitstorm I think, but our marketplace can be tweaked like we want. So like the NPC Trader: your feedback is welcome!

How would this NPC look? Is it an avatar which i could put in my base, maybe the United Space Traders Destiny Marketplace (and Holiday Resort)? and who would sell my stuff when i am offline? Or would it work over HWS Connect?

For now a Zone like the one in Elemental Bank. You enter and have then options which package you want to buy.
The packages are listed in HWS Connect + prices.
About your personal NPC… wait a bit and you will see :wink:

1 Like

I didnt see the old marketplace but it sounds awesome. Implement say three trading spots where players can go to put offers and buy them. Then disable current market place and there’s no need for this NPC trader.

For this game to evolve more towards an MMOx then it needs more player interaction and more player engagement. Give pirates targets, create a marketplace (I’d like to see longer travel to rare resources tbh) such that Traders/Alliance who risk things out in PvP space can turn a tidy profit providing key essentials at point of need for a decent mark up and travelling back to ‘safe’ space with high value materials means a tidy profit.

Right now, the current market breaks the game more than it helps, if you have a better solution then put it in and turn the crap off. Also, no NPC trader making it easy street to stay in PvE land.

Yes, local marketplaces would be bigger fun.

I agree the big disadvantage:

1. the chat will be spammed a lot again. Back in the days with our marketplace we had ~40 players. Imagine it now with ~100.

2. HWS Connect will be mandatory for it. I would love it but some would want the ingame marketplace GUI back.
    Dunno.

Maybe we get some more feedback from others here and decide then for HWS 4.0.

Oh, i’m quite sure that if we get rid of the ingame Marketplace this forum will be plenty of shitloads…but personally i like direct democracy and if the community votes, then every “error” can be justified and discussed.

Maybe we should put the idea “Back to the old MP” in another thread for better visiblity?

wow… and the HWS go on!!! Great guys, awsome! Rexus, i’m your fan. This server not even seems to be just a empyrion game sever… it is a Empyrion Version, a entire standalone version of the game… you guys rock!! Gratz!

1 Like

Just looked at the NPC on HWS connect, its defo a really cool feature!

Just wondered if there was a max amount of packages? only ask because the package on offer for only 10,000 was so cheap! buy 5 of those a day you’d never worry about having to get anything ever again lol

I would of thought that package would be worth more like 50000

Thanks… indeed the price is the only thing what needs to be discussed / thought about. That price is a little teaser :wink:

Oh OK thats not the final cost… Its awesome the things you n Joshua are doing. Taken a game with barely no role playing to it and adding alot of techinical things that add so much depth is dam impressive.

I wonder how many people would stick out the game without this server… I genuinely wouldn’t lol

Just a heads up sure you are aware but tn:buy:5 or any number but 1 doesnt work, feally annoying with the small packages! :wink:

It is fixed

wow that was quick lol. Thanks!

Still doesnt work for me, over in NA at iron ore shop. Says would like to pay the correct amount but only charges for 1 and only spawns 1 :confused:

also

Red Sentinel Trading NPC Elemental Marketplace 460 / 19 / 279 125000

actually charges 175,000 so may need to update :wink:

1 Like

Sorry we forgot to update it on NA. We tested it on EU but did not think further xD
Will do it in a few hours and let you know.
Sorry for the inconvinience. Let us know what you lost.

Didn’t lose anything :smiley:

Thanks a lot will make future transactions easier!

Ok updated. Have fun :wink: