New way to play GG?

Good Morning @everyone,

I want to discuss with you one thing I tested recently. Not 100% implemented yet or full thought out obviously but maybe I can get your input as fast as possible so no further time is wasted on that.

Especially since some requested more insights before things go live. Even though I have to say that this is not always good because a community can polarize quite fast without either clue / knowledge or just because typing is easier than thinking.
Anyways, let’s hope for the best.

Instance based GG (aka MMO runs)

Yeah, yeah. Hold your breath, I’m not done yet. I know that some don’t like it. And sure it has pros and cons.

1. Randomize

Golden Globe will get let’s say 13 Air Planes or whatever. Aka PUBG / Fortnite drops. Very high in the sky you will get out of the stargate.
In the universe however we have 30 or so entrance Stargates, pointing to GG. All over the place. In PvP and PvE planets.
As soon as you enter one of them you get randomly placed in GG. Preventing obvious camping.

2. Structures

To prevent camping the obvious idea is first to only allow HVs. You can still reach the very high Air Planes somehow but I think some will stop you from doing that sooner or later.
The instance will not only block any Blueprint spawning (to prepare you to the soon coming “build your base” logic) but also disallow building SVs / CVs.

3. Time

The planet will exist 1 week. 10800 minutes. You can enter it in that time any time. After that week the planet is closed and after 30 seconds a new Golden Globe is created (a new instance). ALL structures are in the old one, hence you would start a new Golden Globe experience. Since no surface wipe is possible on instance planets we can also say the instance should run every 3 days instead one week for example.

gg-3

4. Instance Logic

That is the tricky part now. Some facts:

1. If you logout in the instance and login again you are placed in front of the Stargate you came from before you entered

2. You CAN have a Home Spawn on the Instance

3. We can limit the player amount to 50 for example

4. The idea is to ALLOW OCD there !?!

5. No limits except the global once are applied there

6. There are few EXIT Stargates on the planet itself worth to fight for

7. One entrance Stargate can be even placed in ECC for yolo actions

Advantages

• a new and interesting way of PvP for sure

• high risk / high reward for sure

• attractive for veterans (OCD lvl 6) and beginner (if they prepare in ECC they can farm, logout, login and got easy gold)

• preparation for the feeling to build Bases from scratch

• strategy and coordination needed for dominance

• outstanding PvP performance

• little Battle Royale feeling

Disadvantages

• you can’t bring your shiny blueprints

• no HWS Garage ships

• you are limited to HVs / BAses

• you are bound to some logical bottlenecks like logout / login / randomize

It’s crazy but maybe worth a short try before we can’t experiment in HWS 8 anymore :wink:

So smash your head in the keyboard and let me know your thoughts!

RexXxuS

6 Likes

I’m open to new ideas; could be fun pre-8.0. :slight_smile:

Also Rexx just to let you know i’m working on a maze-runner style maze/poi right now, quick Q, what would the upper class limit be for something like that before it becomes too much of a performance hog for an EVENT? (I’m thinking class 40-)

Best regards
Wise.

it’s a strange system and spoils the PVP component. I don’t want to play with this system as it is for PVE players. And where are we going to fight?! Rex, I offered you a system of siege and planet capture, why don’t you want to implement it?

You answered it yourself. As long as the building itself won’t consume performance there is no limit.

Can you explain that? GG still is PvP…

Jascha is already working on that for HWS 8. It’s coming.

2 Likes

I think this is A great idea! I mean sure alot of people probably wont like but its something new might as well try it out before 8 arrives and the next wipe happens.

Ithink its a fab idear seeing as GG is a sort after playfield this way it will produce fair hv fights sounds like fun good job rexXxus

Amasing Rex you have out done yourself there buddy. Wonderbar the idea that you have made a playfeild fair and level for old and new is fantastic and will support new players good job.

Please can we implement this i think this is a good direction no one faction of style of play really benifits from this and to me that is good planning on your behalf Rex.

All i would say OLP needs to go entirely from the game, it will priobably save you alot of time in the long run
having to deal with all the crying from people who should really be in a PvE playfeild.

All i would say its fantastic idea, its just how good will depend on how much forum crying you get from all
the carebares who want to have a picknic on GG under ther OLP alt towers lol.

Kind regards Blind.

1 Like
  1. Just to be sure, I can use a Thank/Driller blueprint?

2. I logout and login with a backpack only and whatever I put on my ocd, right?

3. only ocd 6 can access?

Besides that, if the entrance is on pve it really prevents the camping and the random exit point helps. The Mechanics seems worth the try altough I see that killing a lot of the pvp dynamics AND killing the great fast miners on the garage: x7b and badger for good this time. But it’s worth the try. Before hand I sense there will be a lot more breaches on this system for exploits than the current pvp, but will surely try. Haven’t understand the 7 days limit but looks like a wipe on another mechanics, wich is good to easy on the playfield.

just finished work so probably reading this wrong… wouldn’t this give large factions the advantage in this system?, unless there is a way to implement going there as not part of a faction and as a individual player without allowing alliances… forgive me if i’m wrong here…

2 Likes

For me the whole part of PVP is about allowing big factions to fight one-another… I think plenty of concessions have been made already with this idea in order to try and bring big and large factions in line.

Right now this idea looks like great fun for alliances and solo players. HOWEVER this idea would suddenly look far less appealing if alliances were disabled for a permanent pvp playfield.

If this was an event planet that was a temporary thing; say PUBG style then i wouldn’t mind. But if this is a permanent PVP replacement for GG then i’m strongly against messing with the alliance system.

To be fair large organised factions will ALWAYS have an advantage over smaller ones; that’s just a simple law of nature. Not something unique to empyrion or HWS.

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

This will Slow down the amount of alliance players and large factions

It’s new, it’s an HWS original feature and will make for a whole new experience. For those reasons alone I think we should give it a go, if it does not work out, we can revert and will have learnt a great deal.

Some thoughts on the gameplay on this approach.

If you mine a lot of gold, the only way to get it out is to:

Ferry across in your back pack.
Smelt it into coins and pay into the bank
Smelt it into a format suitable in OCD6/7 (As OCD is acessable?)

Perhaps some HWS POI ore smelting facilities on planet, may be useful? Or ATM’s/bank. Would make important strategic locations.
Could be worth testing anyway…

How about a AI planetary patrol vessel with an Admin core wandering about, just to make even the quiet hours a little bit risky?

:blush:

1 Like

One thing I do notice is that new players might get a little bit confused about the tax mechanics alongside the instancing. Maybe having some of the instances in Peacekeeper EAST/WEST so they don’t get taxed to death and indebted if somethin goes wrong? Though you have already said [quote=“RexXxuS, post:1, topic:10604”]
In the universe however we have 30 or so entrance Stargates, pointing to GG. All over the place. In PvP and PvE planets.
[/quote] So i might be stating something that is already planned anyways.
Best regards
Wise.

Or hypothetically you could end up with large factions bottlenecking it. Anyways i’m against these kind of arbitary limits anyways. Why not just have as many as want to go there? Even though the point is mostly moot as even on GG peaktime on EU you’d be hardpressed to find 50 people there.

Nontheless it’s more the principle than the practice.

1 Like

@Wiseman738 would it not make less lag the fewer ppl that are there so it will become a faction mission every week so you select a certain amount of your faction members to go there every week and different ppl every week so everyone can experience it. would it not add to the dynamics of the faction and stir things up make it more interesting not only for the people you select from your faction to go there but the people you leave behind too

Obviously needs to reset more often than weekly. 2 days I would think should be the max. I’m nauseous just thinking about the performance issues caused by a week’s worth of digging. Ick.

I’m not keen on disallowing SVs. I understand why you disallowed them, but I think a better opttion should be sought. Perhaps have all players start in a admin structure with portals to elsewhere on the planet which they can choose? If 3 members of a faction go through at the same time for instance, they would certainly like to start in the same area. Perhaps use the detection system to warn SVs then repo them within two minutes if they linger near a portal? This lets players choose to enter at the same location and provides a method of entry safe from SV camping.

"(if they prepare in ECC they can farm, logout, login and got easy gold)"
Does this mean that if you log out and in again, you will spawn outside of the instance with your backpack? So like… if you disconnect you will have to go through the entire entry procedure again and traverse the entire planet from a random entry point to get back to your vehicle? No thanks.

I like the creativity, and I think this coming short season is the perfect place to test it, but the idea is going to need a lot of work before implementation.

2 Likes

Yeah i forgot about the wipe times! One week pre-wipe of mining would be lagtastic hahaha!

@Supreme_Admiral Yeah SVs also i’d like to see but i think this idea is a good step in the right direction. I’d love to see some sort of instance playfields with bases/big pois in the future with very high rewards similar to a couple of hours of mining on GG.

@andreaHWpolice thanks for clearing up the 50 limit thing on discord with me :slight_smile: It’s less about punishing big factions and more about performance :slight_smile:

Best regards :slightly_smiling_face:
Wise.

One aspect kills it entirely for me; that if you dc’ed or logged-out at any given point; getting back to your vessel or base with your backpack intact is brutal.

30-or-so portals sounds fine, but actually; largely pointless. Only pve playfield portals would be worth leaving a structure at for supplies+loot (and these would promptly become messy parking locations).

Just… the more I think about this; the more I dislike how it would play-out.

2 Likes

I think it is a great way to balance the community. It allows every player equal opportunity to go to gg. Also it switches it up to where u have to actually think about where u want to put structures on gg. To me this is good pvp in many ways the opportunity is there for more fun pvp rather then same old tactics. This also attracts new players to the pvp area and helps them to learn the game better. To me this is a step in the right direction.

1 Like

Are we only able to get there by the stargate? Would this change mean the end of the badgers, X7’s, and Proto Q’s? Also, no more PvP garage ships as we cannot transport them there?