New way to play GG?

Idear @RexXxuS I think that there should be a rule here that the hv core are only allowed to be used as hv’s and not a tower with a hv or base with hv cores and should look like a tank/hv and not anything like a base or a tower!

24hour wipes like black hole will be needed definatly if the entire planet is made of gold. SV’s are going to be needed for scouting playes and recon. please no garbage like stones etc on the planet, and as flat as posible with some hills for cover. and the gravity in my eyes sould be 1.0.

Admin builings with good griffing range and a open spawn pad so you can get set up before people find ways to exsploit camping. also mabey creating new rules for the HWS police, ie camping a portal the police seem to be doing there job for the most part so use them!.

what will be key is finding out who and what is being esploited when whatever update roles out and actally
reacting with response for efect. so the the game lor runs smooth. like i said before it will be difficult sift through what is constructive critisism and what is people trying to get there own way as a advantage wich to
be frank is obvious when and who they are lol.

Ok, a break-down of how I view this is in order:

Essentially, the differences between this and a regular pvp planet come down to:

• an instance not requiring transport on and off the planet, but likely compelling all the transports to be left in few locations (the easiest pve ones)
  • wiping of bases along with the surface, but lengthening the reset period for both
  • inconsistent location for entering, resulting in (I think) either suicides to return to home base, or pickup operations by factionmates/allies
  • combat-logging becomes a perfect escape with anything in your inventory, a burden of needing the return journey also, but a complete impossibility for anyone to get whatever’s in your backpack if you merely log out

No you have to build your own HV. I added it to disadvantages “No Garage Ships”… or WAIT… what about a Garage on GG where you can buy Badger? xD

Eh yes?!

Eh no. But Gold can only be stored with OCD lvl 6.

50 Players were just an example.

No, even simpler. Just logout.

Sure. That is possible.

These things are bugged as Sh1t. In alpha 8 better though…

Why are you bringing off-topic taxes to the point?
No Taxes anywhere at all. If you mean ECC, well, would be too easy otherwise and other entrance points are there too.

Threat of camping then. But this idea can be extended by over 9000. Like selling dedicated Stargates with ingame credits or my new Garage ship…

SVs can’t be allowed only because the fact, that people would fly out of the planet and get bunch of exceptions then…

Not much different than now. In fact even easier. Just logout and you are there where you came from.

Yes.

See above.

We can try every 3 days

Yeah, that is a disadvantage. But maybe similar to the problem we have with the BA vs BA meta anyways.

its not a big deal if you lose on ship to a lag out, to be fair if ur in a PvP playfeild you should have likr 10 PvP SV’s cooked up as well as HV’s

a lot of GG will generate a huge number of millionaires, gold will be easily accessible for everyone, this will reduce interest in PVP because fighting for gold will not make sense. Already now, in space, no one does not extract gold, there are no space battles in the black hole, there is no point in fighting in a black hole, since Golden Golbe is more attractive, and increasing the planets of the GG planets will only worsen

1 Like

I don’t mean returning to your structure outside the instance, I mean returning to one inside.

Hey Rexx lemme re-do the whole quote there

Basically i’m saying that NEW PLAYERS who want to DO THIS EVENT it may not be a good ideafor them to go in FROM ECC. They may die and get stuck or have issues and will be unable to recover their ships pre 9:00AM tax-bracket.

Just an idea. Like I said you have probably already thought about this, to me it isn’t ‘off-topic’ to talk about taxes as it’s relevant to this event. They may be taxed if they enter from ECC and don’t get back to their ships in time.

Therefore will there be instances also in Peacekeeper EAST+WEST as an alternative PVE path to GG from peacekeeper space?

For me it’s about ensuring that new players don’t get punished for experimenting with something new :slight_smile:

Overall i’m SUPER EXCITED and very positive about this idea!

Hope this clears it up mate!
Best regards
Wise.

Rubbish clearly a carebare

wait, what? buy a badger on EVERY gold run? so you get shot in the first 5 minutes of mining and your 6-9 million are gone in a sec? Not with all the alliances of the world that would be worthy lol BUT, I see that the richest of the rich would not mind that, but what could happen is that lower lvl miners would be shot while trying to build their HVs while garage ships shot them down setting them back to stargates without the very little they brought (if they were smart) and that was that. This would make golden globe even more elite than what it is now. I don’t see this no blueprint system helping on this battle roayle scenario. Let’s see how the most experienced players think about but that would be a no go for me, for sure.

Medbay?

Yeah, more than ECC. ECC was just an idea to generate more hotspot.

Also a big badass warning sign might help for them.

I don’t think a 49 slot inventory full of gold creates automatically millionaires. I mean sure, some get easy gold but one Survey complain was that Gold is hard to get. So where is the border.

1 Like

Some people do, but the actual reason to never mine asteroids is that the return is utterly terrible in comparison to mining terrain or deposits; only meteorites come close to being as bad a return on your time.

you can’t spawn any blueprint, so you cant “cook” anything chaz… this is not your regular scenario lol

Biggest problem I foresee is getting back to where you were in the instance if you disconnect. A 5v5 tank battle means a few may disconnect. They need a way to get back to the battle quickly. Random disconnects while mining would need the same remedy.

Most of the kinks I have confidence you’ll work out, but I don’t know how you’ll address the above problem when operating within an instance. Does this “need” to be within an instance? Can you not simply have a planet too far away for players to warp to it with stargates where players get rubberbanded back to the planet if they try to leave? Just seems simpler that way…

there will be a universal spawn pad probably, or you should build a little pad on planet? but ur right if there is none of those you would be screwed.

you can spwn in current location

You can do it with a medbay, but the whole meta will be shaped by this. It will mean the process for entering and returning to your previous base location can be one of 2 types of entry; one where you need to keep the things in your backpack (a supply run, or just if you need things and haven’t adjusted to the meta of such a planet yet) and have to acquire transport where you enter, or a return journey by suiciding, after having emptied your bp to a structure outside to avoid waste. Both of these require understanding and proficiency; they’re not intuitive and imo they’re not pleasant as a requirement either.

I love this idea, and think Rexxus is taking an interesting direction with the gameplay. This is my hope on what this yields:

Have another GG, one that enforces these rules and thus more variety in preferences
Having limited HVs classes, therefore limited amount of turrets and weapon slots as well as drills and blocks. Therefore negate the use of ‘siegetowers’
No Garrage ships, after some discussions I realised that player creativity should still be promoted.
Random Stargate locations so no spawn camping which you mentioned
Should probably OCD level independent, but limited how much gold you can carry. So you are force to traverse, worth investigating might have serious disadvantages but hey :slight_smile:
Have HVs only using drills and manual weapons, NO turrets.

This will be great for less intense PVPers, allowing the casual and people with demanding real life scehdules to actually generate credits

1 Like

Rex 24 hour wiped please please please!!!

1 Like

RexXxuS already stated that is you cease to be connected to the server, you will return to HWS outside of the instance. Respawning at home base does not help you if you were fighting/mining on the other side of the planet… especially since you will have to BUILD a vehicle to return to where you were.