New way to play GG?

@RexXxus, question. Is it possible to have limits(uses & duration) on OLP?

Example:

1. OLP can only be used once per day
  2. OLP only lasts for 3 hours and then deactivates

It’s kinda an EVE thing so not sure if it has already been looked at, thought I’d ask at any rate. They have a protection thing that is essentially armed when the base is put under siege and that starts a counter and notifies members of the group that set up that space station of when the countdown ends. This allows them to plan and be there for the defense of the space station.

nope

OLP = good, for single players/small factions who cant be online 24/7 because they have a real life job/school/family

OLP= bad for antisocial 24/7 drug dealers without a perspective in life thus forming together a big street gang on HWS similar to the street gang in real life where they are member of. Without offline protection they could spread there terrorism all over HWS without obstacles.

It would be ok to me playing without OLP IF bases would receive a HUGE buff, i dont mean something like „one artillery turret more“, i mean something like :slight_smile:

• 50 % more base turret range compared to vessels
  • instant hit guns (e.g. flak turrets) to counter SV hover-shoot-take cover behind hill tactics
  • armored concrete 5x the current hit points
  • 5 times more hitpoints to base Turrets
  • 20 times more hitpoints to hangar doors and doors in general (to allow vessels in base hangars again)
  • yes, and more guns, of course
  • here is the most important demand of all : BASES SHALL NOT BE PLACED INSIDE SHOOTING RANGE OF ANOTHER BASE. This is especially true after the wipe(PVP/PVE rotation), when people can place bases during PVE, then anihilating the enemy base as soon as PVP kicks in.

Summed up, if bases become a fomidable threat again instead of „funny jokes“ like now we could live without offline protection.

So dont take me wrong, i love PVP and to risk something, but not with zero chance faced by a 30 member coward faction with 20 brick SV in reserve.
If single players/small factions are put into a position to challenge the big empires gameplay would clearly become enriched. … even for the antisocial big PVP empires.

If you think that i am wrong please read this discussion, people prove my point.

Big groups = antisocial ? :joy:

1 Like

Not true, It takes them like what 2min or less to completely scout a planet because it is so small. Golden Globe is scattered with an alt faction which they will never admit to and that is NOK, a two man faction. Pretty much all the decent landing locations to set up a base are taken by NOK. But better hope once 8.0 hits and we get larger planets hopefully.

I made a decent fortress once on GG after I placed some bases and they got rolled. But they didn’t core them, and the next day is when that fortress was made. Since then, they actually spend time destroying my bases completely just so that wont happen again. And now they have bases that sit there on my old fortress location to deny me that spot lol.

Oh Lord will you folks give OLP a rest?

It works on EU perfectly, and it was abused on NA hence it was removed. And it’s coming back on NA for 8.0 and staying for EU. Therefore this discussions is basically over until the next season of feedback; and yet folks still whine about OLP without adressing effectively any of the issues i mentioned on the other thread!

And for the LAST TIME: Removing OLP on high-intensity PVP playfields results in persistent offline raiding; normally in the form of players from the other servers. During EU’s sleeptime NA would come over and roll any EU bases and vice versa.

Also @CaptainJack buffing bases won’t help. It may make them longer to destroy and more grindy but it wont stop them from being destroyed; not to mention that those suggestions are not the best (understatement). Multiplying things won’t change anything. It’ll still be simply a matter of time if they remain offline. And if you wish to comment on OLP further then please head-over to the relevant thread. As this one is about GG/New-Arma. As flooding the entire forum with your dislike of the big factions do little to help your case.

Best regards
Wise.

PS: Small-factions used to never settle on Arma/GG. They used to come down and do some twilight mining, instead of attempting to settle on the most crowded/active PVP planet on the server (which is a terrible strategic move).

2 Likes

That’s debatable depending who you talk to.

Was this confirmed, I only ever saw Rex state he wasn’t sure why it was removed on NA and was considering bringing it back.

Then don’t base on active PvP fields unless you are willing to commit the time to defend around the clock, simple. No point having 10 OLP bases still restricting huge swaths of land in a PvP planet because the turrets still attack. I can’t base in PvP because I plan to solo next season and do a full reset, I really don’t care, I will go down when I have the time and do the best I can. Maybe hire a faction for defense or some such, we’ll see how it goes, just curious honestly.

I support OLP staying on EU, but don’t try to force that on NA because you think everything is hunky doree :wink:

That’s if they are around, if it’s some of the PvPers from said faction, if they feel like fighting, etc. I have listened in on several GG trips some of which were left alone for about an hour, and the rest anywhere from 10-30 minutes, leaving plenty of time to set up. The majority of the time you will have enough time to set up some form of defense, and fairly often you will get a significant amount of time. There’s the occasional hot-drop into instant fire, but that happens less often than the factions defending the planet want you to think.

Well according to those who actually fight on and for GG it works fine; I can safely speak for most of our alliance of GMC+ACM+AAA. Also I know that the Russians are fans of OLP also.

There is only one person who removed OLP, and that was Rexxus as a direct result of all of the NA drama. Here is the proof: Temporary turn off Offline Protection (OP) on NA .

This entire point has been covered and refuted MULTIPLE times by multiple people over on the ‘case against removing OLP on EU thread’ so i’m not going to start debating it here. Also I appreciate that you weren’t around during 6.0 where there were basically 0 permanent PVP bases on pvp playfields; trust me as we flew around looking for 'em and couldn’t find anyone, apart from one brave trade base that went down in minutes. We have to cater to the fact that there are different levels of intensity when it comes to PVP, and we shouldn’t cater to the most extreme fringes of the PVP community. In fact by removing OLP you’d simply benefit the big factions more as they can be more organised and can plan some twilight-morning raids to attack their enemies; and suddenly in-game life then starts to intefere with real life. Hell, like you said they could even ally up with factions from different timezones, so all-in-all any removal of OLP is a massive force multiplier in favour of the biggies which frankly don’t need any buffs right now; nor do they necessarily need any nerfs either.

No idea where you think i want it back on NA? I don’t care about what happens on NA as i’m EU. But I had to get involved once Rexx suggested that OLP might not be returning for NA OR EU come 8.0. Alas i can’t find the quote but i’ll keep looking, luckily Rexx recently said this instead:

Therefore OLP is coming back to NA. So folks are gonna have to prepare; and instead of disabling it this time Rexxus is gonna:

So in otherwords any silly folks abusing OLP on NA or EU will get their backsides handed to them; and rightly so. At the end of the day all of the drama about removing it could have been saved if the rule-breakers were instead punished harshly; which is what Rexxus has promised to do in the future.

For any further discussions over OLP please take it to the relevant thread: The Case AGAINST removing OLP on EU - #6 by Alandauron

Best regards :slight_smile:
Wise

If you actualy done you name any justice and have had a read of the rules that Rex set
out on (OLP) you whoud know you could follow them to a T and it still could be used as a
Exsploit!. wisman you are just another sheep dressed up as a wolf with a
Agenda to Peddal!!. I AM GOING TO GUESS OLP!!, it has been fun to watch u make like 20
diffrent cases for the same thing.

If somone has a diffrence of Opinion to you that is against OLP please dont let your Default
setting be have you got bad internet, is your computer a potato, it just makes you sound like
a moron which i am sure your not. please try respect people may have diffrent opinoins to yourself.

you say you are a hardcore PvP faction lmao. answer me this if you can live in a PvE zone so
it enables you to keep your bases what is the need for 40 bases with OLP for in a PvP playfeild??.

Nothing is going to stop people from finding new ways to exsploit OLP incuding yourself. and i get you
want to keep OLP, and you whould have no chance in a keeping a Base on a PvP planet. But just
having bases with OLP all over the surace just hinders PvP that is just a fact!. the case for
Keeping OLP is very week and one-sided.

what conserns me more is the fact you clearly dont acknowledge the fact it can, will and does get
abused on all servers. like the good car salesman its all good and has just been serviced lol.

PS. Please dont post a essay

Yeah as one of the NA players, what was happening is there is a war between two groups. Both groups got alts and made alt factions and had 24/7 offline protection bases aside from the short period they used to log on alts.

Honestly the NA group is talking about removing bases completely. Whatever happens it is out of our hands for the moment.

Ok I think your mask has slipped a little bit here chaz.

Lemme start with saying that ON EU we had some issues at the beginning but they were quickly solved, and for the remainder of the season (the other two months) there were few to no issues on EU. Moreover Rex has clarified what he will do to OLP exploiters/cheaters for the next season:

Accusing me of being a sheep dressed up as a wolf is pretty funny also. I’d say i’m more argumentative and a lil’ bit more like a stubborn goat :slight_smile: Refusing to let people rush into things and suggestions that they don’t fully grasp the cross-server consequences of.

I said this once to a player who is a friend of mine and allied faction member mostly in cheek and you believe it is my default go-to point? Maybe you should re-read my posts if that’s the case. I respect different opinions, but it doesn’t mean I have to agree with them; there’s a big difference.

The short answer to this is that we want FIGHTING, proper PVP action, that wasn’t that big of a thing in 6.0 (until towards the end when OLP started working again) and 5.5. PVP bases act as an anchor for the action, yet nobody is willing to build a PVP base if they are vulnerable to being offline raided. Therefore nobody builds PVP bases on PVP and there are no PVP anchor points.

I have never exploited OLP, and never will, if i did then i’d be making a mockery of every post i’ve put in support of it (and i’ve posted more than a couple of times!), therefore i’m not willing to exploit OLP whatsoever.

Your opinion is not fact no matter how much it may feel like it. And OLP does not ruin PVP on EU, it helps it by creating flash-points, and once again you would need LOTS more PVP factions on EU in order to ‘cover the surface’ as you state.

OLP helps all factions regardless of size, as ultimately anyone in any faction who is offline benefits from the protection of OLP; it’s simply those exploiting it that lead to your lack of objectivity in regards to the benefits and negatives of OLP.

I’m making multiple cases for (and sometimes against) certain parts of OLP to highlight the issue as a whole, and expand upon the debate instead of simply arguing over the same tired-old ground.

I will post a piece of writing as long as i need in order to attempt to adress your points; if that intimidates or frustrates you then so-be-it. Maybe discord is a more appropriate place for your to provide feedback than the forums if you feel that my posts are too long.

Best regards
Wise.

PS: I broke the writing down into shorter segments between quotes to make it a bit easier on the eyes at least. :slight_smile:

you forgot to quote againts this?.

what conserns me more is the fact you clearly dont acknowledge the fact it OLP can, will and does get
abused on all servers. like the good car salesman its all good and has just been serviced lol.

your all perfect on EU no exsplioting etc, Please!.

like no flashing lights on HV’s and no turets on HV’s underneath that can fire through the ground
and meany more crapy exsploits we have found from the EU.

it really dosent matter how you answer that, there is only so meany ways you can polish a turd!
to make it look good.

Happily! As long as it doesn’t make my post too long :slight_smile:

I have previously acknowledged that OLP has issues. The main issues I have with it are:

• It turns on too quickly after somebody logs off. (20 minutes spool-up time, i think it should be 30 min maybe 45 or even an hour).
  • OLP bases can fire. This is self explanatory as-to why it’s an issue.
  • OLP being up for 36 hours before it needs to be refreshed (this should be more like 18 hours so those with tons of bases would have to visit them regularly to sustain OLP.)

I’ve stated this already that there was some exploiting on EU, here lemme find it:

There we go^^ , frankly the fact you missed this beginning sentence tells me you didn’t deign to read the post, not even the starting paragraph…

Best regards
Wise.

like i said wiseman not that i dont think you make a good argument just a long
on lol.

i just hope we all get roughly what we want so its we well balanced

What about a breakthrough suggestion :slight_smile:

Just leave everything as it is now !