New way to play GG?

like no flashing lights on HV’s and no turets on HV’s underneath that can fire through the ground
and meany more crapy exsploits we have found from the EU.

it really dosent matter how you answer that, there is only so meany ways you can polish a turd!
to make it look good.

Happily! As long as it doesn’t make my post too long :slight_smile:

I have previously acknowledged that OLP has issues. The main issues I have with it are:

• It turns on too quickly after somebody logs off. (20 minutes spool-up time, i think it should be 30 min maybe 45 or even an hour).
  • OLP bases can fire. This is self explanatory as-to why it’s an issue.
  • OLP being up for 36 hours before it needs to be refreshed (this should be more like 18 hours so those with tons of bases would have to visit them regularly to sustain OLP.)

I’ve stated this already that there was some exploiting on EU, here lemme find it:

There we go^^ , frankly the fact you missed this beginning sentence tells me you didn’t deign to read the post, not even the starting paragraph…

Best regards
Wise.

like i said wiseman not that i dont think you make a good argument just a long
on lol.

i just hope we all get roughly what we want so its we well balanced

What about a breakthrough suggestion :slight_smile:

Just leave everything as it is now !

EU may be fine, I’m not sure because I don’t play on EU. NA needs to at least have the max bases reduced to 4 per faction, but I don’t want to see OLP return on NA.

On EU i’d be fine with that.

“If it ain’t broken, then don’t fix it” Is a much-too under-apreciated Idiom.

The problem is when people see things as ‘broken’ simply because it doesn’t appeal or conform to their playstyle.

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

Max of 4 bases per faction is too few, and will encourage the meta of “Multiple smaller factions” and ultimately won’t solve anything.

Better to have 10 bases per faction and have larger factions.

Only a small handful of people want bases removed, the majority want to keep it. Removing bases would ultimately create a boring and tedious PvP experience.

SV/HVs are too big and 1v1 fights take forever - only bringing bases in does a PvP fight actually end in a timely manner.

1 Like

Yet there’s still the issue of factions making alliances in order to do the same thing, only with 10 bases per faction. Maybe just stick with your big factions and lower the base count and stop placing bases all over the planet…no? Yes there are plenty that seem to like exploiting whatever they can to maximize defense through lag, doesn’t mean they should.

Max 4 bases and if big factions start splitting and allying then they start getting warnings, bases removed, temporary bans, etc. If you have a falling out and want to fight against former faction mates I completely understand that, but splitting into smaller factions to exploit the system is ridiculous. Wasn’t TAW the one that was talking about doing this already even though the max is at 10? To factions that think like this it really doesn’t matter what the max is, if it were 20 they would still want to split to have 40.

Removal of bases from PVP hotspots would enrich PVP. Players would have to fight till „one is down“ or till „one makes it into the atmosphere to warp“.
As compensation for the removal of bases size 1 CVs could be allowed again. Such „mining operations“ could be fun. A single SV certainly could not prevent a miner CV from starting into space and warping (by other but a lucky warp drive lagshot), several SVs certainly can !

I think all of us would have more fun and the larger factions would have to risk something (as the miner CV does)

Certainly better than to have a „forest of bases“ again on GG.

There would have to be a permanent Origin base for each Origin. As not being able to have a base would make spawning HVs and SVs impossible. That Origin base could be an EGS style bunker, but, you would need to put in a penalty for killing your same Origin on that planet. Otherwise a faction could take over the Origin bunker and kill all people arriving at it.

I don’t mind based on planets such as GG or Homeworld, but restrictions on spawning bases; built by hand would suffice. But insta-spawned bases on PvP should be a no-go.

2 Likes

Why do we have handguns on Empyrion?

Since long ago no more handguns are used in pvp, they are only used in pve within, so I remember in 3.0 use handguns in exchange of shots, nowadays they are only Cvs, Svs and hvs monstrous in combat and nothing else, RexXxsus, do this real thing, besides having to make the manual bases, put a limit on them, class 4 or less, because after all the function and only mining gold, because otherwise, if the justification is only pvp, and it is wiser to choose a map and go to kill there, this monopoly of gold by large factions only benefits the same and no one else, creates delay in the server and only two or three groups take advantage of it.

I think that this new gg should be mining in the T2 drill, only a much higher mining rate than the current one and only exclusively in this instance, rexx could by to sell in the Npc a modified t2 drill of this playerfield with a higher mining rate almost equal to the drill t2 of the hover, another thing that must be is only hover mining without weapons and the BA should only have the internal weapons sentry, I believe this would generate a lot of pvp and a huge number of people, bases with internal defenses and without external towers force the players to defend them with their own hands and hvs without weapons would only serve of transport and mining another thing that would change is to displace within the instance loses 50% of the mined gold, 100% just leaving through the portal, but nothing prevents refining it and depositing it in the wallet and then …

TAW/HPG/ACP had a problem with the “rebels” using alt/family share accounts to artificially bolster their numbers and create OLP towers that were on 23/7.

The reason why TAW wanted to split into multiple factions was because they are capped to 10 HVS, and they were being punished for being one faction as opposed to being multiple factions. I believe Rex and Jascha have it right with the scaling system, but they need to get rid of any hard caps that limit a larger factions ability to effectively field all of it’s players.

Another option to reduce core counts would be to increase turret amounts per base, while decreasing total base numbers - might help a bit?

I disagree, I prefer base pvp it is a lot of fun and adds a lot of interesting strategies. Removing bases would limit our strategies.

Also, if you get stranded on planet and can’t spawn a base to spawn a SV/HV you’ll have to fresh start back to the origin planets - that would further ruin the experience.

HV/SV with their current 5k+ block limits make for boring pvp. Removing bases would also punish smaller factions, as larger factions could just zerg all over the planet and destroy solo factions. At the very least being able to spawn a base allows a solo plyaer to have a fall back point, buy them some time to load up and leave before the zerg wipes them out.

Exactly, there are no real ways to implement this feature without it being abused in some way.

Agreed, I think this would solve 80% of the problems that people have with bases.

The only way to do that is to sell the Admin Debug Driller, and he would need to have a way to have it deleted when someone left that playfield, otherwise he would have to increase the damage rate of T2 Drills in general, and that would most likely be universal to the server.