New way to play GG?

Well, lets wait what Rex and Jascha have prepared, announcement should be come out soon :wink:

@Ranzeth both sides seem to accuse the other. Iā€™m late to the party so donā€™t know one way or the other but those who exploit do know who they are and will continue to do so and lie about it. TAW doesnā€™t exploit right? Yet they were just caught building on asteroids in the black holeā€¦

This goes round and round but sadly neither side seems willing to hold their own members to a higher standard.

1 Like

I have decided that if you are really good at this game, you are probably exploiting. We have people using scripts to give an uneven fire rate (Firing all guns at max fire rate via cycling). You can say this isnā€™t an exploit but I cannot achieve this nor can most playersā€¦ seems a fair play issue.

Underground bases an old exploit but used by nearly all players in 6.5

Cores behind red walls

Lag bases

Asteroid bases

OLP bases

The list goes on and I am sure I donā€™t know all of it.

At the risk of sounding self-congratulatory, I think that I was really good at this game two years ago when I was playing regularly last without using any exploits. I didnā€™t take advantage of giant lag ships. I didnā€™t use exploits to get past OLP. I just played the game and beat my opponents in fights whenever they were actually willing to come out and play. Ended up getting many people to ask to join me and we ended up having allot of fun fights along the way.

That being said the game has changed so much and HWS is much different than the last server so it feels like a completely new game again to me so Iā€™m definitely not that good player I once was lol. I hope to get there again at some point without using exploits but based off what Iā€™ve been seeing and reading I will most likely never be top tier without setting macros and such to fire most effectively, etc.

Macros arenā€™t a function of the game, sure, but they are allowed. However, when I am up against an SV or HV I will not use my macro unless I am almost certain to cause the most damaging hit, and they have to be practically stationary. But it is funny to fight another player who only uses macro on every attack, as the majority of their shot is wasted. Since the only fire that is tracking are homing missiles, itā€™s not much to worry about.

1 Like

Thatā€™s really good to know, trying to pick up as much as I can via forums since I donā€™t have the game time I used to have 2 years ago lol. Thanks @TacoIsland!

Concerning scripting for max fire rate : I stated this point to Eleon and Rex and everyone but was ignored.

However, it has relevance only for SVs and only on stationary targets. In SV dogfight only guided missiles are relevant and now maybe also the instant hit pulse lasers. But even if you try to fire missiles + lasers via scripting the scripts eats up more time as it is worth in agile space combat.

Ok, let me spell it out better. It is a great weapon to use against HVā€™s, the slower the better. It is great against bases. it is ā€˜okayā€™ in SV/SV combat. The point is, it is an advantage some have that others donā€™t/canā€™t. This is a fair play issue.

Almost every single gaming mouse on the market supports macros in this century :smiley: Just download your manufacturers software.

My mouse has some issues with macros:

2 Likes

Oddly, I can even make that mouse do macros:

Firecontrol AHK from MWO (Works in Empyrion)

I just use macro recorder.

This is a similar thing. It cycles say keys 1,3,1,2,3 with a 300ms delay when you press the mouse button. In MWO that allowed you to fire weapon groupings in order with a set delay. Using pretty much any device that sent a command to the computer.