New way to play GG?

Give it a try, sounds good, it’s something different anyway

The mega-alliance battles on GG and HW are really bad for performance and new players / small factions got no real chance of getting on the ladder to riches.

Anything that favours new players and gives them a fighting chance can only be good for the future of the server

3 Likes

I’m all with you Scorp… just don’t think an instance is the way to go.

1 Like

It would be awesome, to have a space version. Only allow limited classed SV or CV for (adjusted high-yield) gold asteroid farming. For those that like space battles…

A nice idea for the future?

Asteroids have **** returns. So, no.

1 Like

@RexXxuS

What advantage does using an instance give you in the implementation of this?

Hmm…the fights have been much better for performance lately. You just need to upgrade your rig scorp :slight_smile: (I need a new one too tbh!)

I think this as a seperate instance to GG would also be really good as well. Sort of a light-weight GG kind of atmosphere for newer players and smalller factions to go to whilst the big boys and PVP vets can war it out as we have done on GG and HW :slight_smile:
Best regards to ya mate :slight_smile:
Wise!

Good idea, but if someone attacks you, why not just combat log?? Is there anything, stopping people from doing that?

The one and only advantage I can see is blocking entry/exit via sv/cv. To prevent those same vessels being used to fight with.

This can be prevented other ways with a normal planet. make it too far to warp to and rubberband people down when they try to go to space. Done.

Idea of being fropped in to a battle field with 50 HVs is one of the worst ideas i have read about. HVs are a lag fest. Its proven. Why not SVs ??? Something that actualy works.

So please dont take away our GG by doing this instead. Add this instance as a test somewhere else and dont remove whats working today.

2 Likes

Wait for it…

Well… the only reason is that we can have the “no blueprint out of my pocket” test.

The other things were sideeffects out of it.
It’s a quick idea I had almost while I’m asleep so…

That is the point… we had once such a “test” planet and nobody visited it. I mean yes sure but if it’s not THAT GG then nothing will change.

But maybe this whole idea here is too tryhard to the above. That I just want the “no base spawning” option now.
Well and the fun resulting out of that hopefully.

No. That is one big advantage (for beginner) / disadvantage for pewpew guys.

Not that easy.

I think this idea of having this instance alongside GG is a good one. Sort of a softer and harder pair of playfields :slight_smile:

@RexXxuS

So then… only an instance is capable of preventing spawn-ins and CV/SV construction?

is for peasants :smiley:

You’re absolutely right, 2 fps is no fun. I know players who have upgraded to 1060 cards and still get 2 fps, no idea why.

But I was thinking more of server performance in general. I’m no expert on servers but I suspect the current concentration of structures and players on GG is straining the server as a whole, leaving less performance for Starters (which is important for new player experience and retention) …

Rex would have the hard data about that. He must have good reason for proposing this change

Yeah it’s strange how much it varies tbh. My 660 seems to handle it okish but even with 16 gig the memory leak is INSANE! I have like an hour or two on Empy b4 i hit 90% GPU and BOOM-crash.

Scorp i’m curious as-to how long do you think this playfield should last for before it resets? I’m sorta torn; I mean to me this seems like an opportunity for a daily resetting instance whereas we can mantain GG that surface wipes daily but doesn’t wipe bases/svs/hvs and such.

Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

I think this would be great NA, but EU is a different ecosystem.

Could you implement it on NA instead of EU?

Daily, not sure why it needs to be a swiss cheese for a week, Maybe I am not understanding the full benefits of instances though

1 Like

Atm yes!

This has more merit to it; the daily wipe including all structures (instance or no) would actually provide something noob-friendly. I’d prefer this as a regular planet playfield personally, but I don’t know if you can full-wipe regular playfields without issues.

3 Likes

Why are NA and EU diverging with different configs anyway? I’m all for experimenting to find the best setup, let’s use NA as guinea pigs haha :smiley: but permanently catering to two different communities just seems like double the work?

1 Like