New way to play GG?

First i want to say that i appreciate Rexxus and the HWS teams innovation for making Empyrean a way better game!..

Here’s what i think about the proposed changes. To be honest i don’t like it. My perception is that this is complicating things more and making a problem bigger in the long run. My advice to you is go with simplicity and ease of flow. Don’t complicate things.

Here’s an example of the problem i see. Before it used to be around two 2 bases per faction on Golden Globe then you changed it to 10 bases per faction on NA. This made it so just a few factions could spam bases all over the place. This is called making the problem worse.

Look at the EU GG they don’t have that same problem because their playing and living within their means and not going into over excess and living or playing over their means in terms of the limits of the game by keeping it simple, and by limiting themselves to two bases per faction and not 10.

To me the problem is not that you can instantly spawn a blueprint but that you can spawn it all over the planet because of the limits being increased from 2 to 10 bases per faction.

Before we didn’t have this kind of problem. You want to know why? Because it was only two bases per faction. This is called living within your means and playing within your means meaning the limits of the game itself.

Regards

4 Likes

I asked and he confirmed, no blueprints on that instance, so… everyone screwd big time lol

are we taking in consideration the fact that the planets will be 4x the size they are now, just riding/walking to your previous location would be a nightmare O.o so if you DC you are done

Bring Back Armageddon / no bases at all on gg / you get what you bring down [ hv sv wise ] Problem Solved

3 Likes

Can combine it with having to build bases by hand, 12 hours to setup 12 hours to fight.

1 Like

That playfield was abandoned after a couple of weeks…with the current GG setup on EU we’ve seen nothing but action.

I don’t know why all of a sudden people want to start ‘fixing’ things that aren’t broken.

Best regards
Wise.

4 Likes

Bring Back Armageddon, thats on topic i would say

Frankly I feel this instance should be in addition to GG instead of a replacement to GG. Sort of a semi-GG where you get most of the reward for barely any of the risk like the old Arma (pre-gg planet) days.

But for us PVP heavyweights we still get the opportunity to fight on Golden Globe.

Best of both worlds; and benefits both types of players and factions.
Best regards
Wise.

2 Likes

wiseman what faction are you?

@Everyone
Please don’t stagnate, that’s the worst thing that can happen to any game.
This upcoming interlude will be short, we just don’t know for sure how short.
Why not try something different?

I vote yes.

Hi Chaz; I’m GMC. We’re an EU mostly central and western European PVP faction that takes great pride in being a very active member of the EU pvp community! I myself have been playing since 4.0, whereas my faction lead and some of our other members have been around since 2 and 3.

Best regards
Wise.

from what i hear everyone loved armageddon

There were two Armas. One Arma was SV/HV only and lasted a season but was only active with players a couple of times over the whole process.

Where’s the other Arma (the pre golden globe planet) was a planet like gg but with gold meteors and no gold crust; and it had a PVE PVP rotation (most people loved that. Especially the pvers as they could mine in peace but during PVP hours we had some EPIC fights! :slight_smile: )

Best regards and I hope that clears things up.
Wise.

Gold during PvE wasn’t that good.

I want to bring back Armageddon but the specs are not that clear yet.

Meteorites could be also a problem. Not talking about Base campers during PvE and then unleash the hound when it flipps to PvP.

It had flaws.

Sure it had flaws but you still did a great job with it Rexxus. The vast majority of us loved it.

If you’re thinking of bringing it back then i suggest this:

No gold-crust. Meteors spawn during PVP but have a PVE rotation. Only issue with this is that unlike OLP the PVP rotation is fixed, so those in akward timezones will be punished for living in places out-side of prime-time.

This is why I prefer GG in its current form whilst ALSO liking this other idea. As it gives both types of players a chance. The PVPers get to continue to fight;whereas other less PVP orientated folks can have a go on this other planet.

They would also spawn during PvE… that is the problem. At least if I make them a lot. Otherwise it is just a copy of Vulc City…

But I might can try a trick with a batch hack… lemme try

2 Likes

Yeah; if not i recommend we keep GG in its current form and have this other idea as an addition.

I know i’m just one voice among many; and recently we’ve seen lots of new forum members which is fantastic but sometimes I feel they suggest solutions that have been tried and tested in the past; things such as Arma. Which for the most part were a success; and now we have GG which in my opinion has been one of the most successful PVP playfields on EU yet! So a job well done to you and all involved over the years for getting us to this point.

Undoubtedly GG has been a fantastic thing for many factions; especially the big PVP factions. Whereas your idea can also help the less experienced PVP factions and the newer players; therefore by having both; both parties are happy. :slight_smile:

Best regards and goodluck on the batch hack!
Wise.

Well, we are not trying to fix it, Rexx is appearantly… but, really if it’s supposed to make bp and fighting harder, remove BA from gg for good

2 Likes

maybe two different crowds needs 2 different solutions for GG

3 Likes

and just as a notice, I LOVE gg eu, love the dynamics, the adrenaline, the diversity, if it was by me, it would be like that ALWAYS, but… there is a crowd on NA that won’t let that happen, so it is really necessary to “fix” the dynamics there, or wait for that crowd to wear out lol… but I see that some of those “fixes” of gg are not beneficial to EU crowd and I share that feelig of “don’t fix it if it ain’t broken” =/

2 Likes