New way to play GG?

There are already a couple of gold asteroids away from the main areas. There are some above the main asteroid field near the new Dr. Void portal station and there are four that further out, away from everything (at the halfway point between the asteroid rings and the resource depot POIs).

I heard Arma is coming backā€¦

Time to prepare bases and stuff again. GMC will never miss armageddon :slight_smile:

1 Like

After reading others comments, my initial enthusiasm for the portal GG concept has wained. The power of a group discussion is evident!

I do see the merit in super resource level metoerites and increases drilling rate, verses a golden crust.

Should be better for PvP, as you have to mine on the surface (not under the cover of ground). Also it removes passive mining, where you go to the bedrock and leave the mouse button and W key pressed- so you can walk away from keyboard and make tea etc ! With meteorites you will have to activily drive at all times.

Probably better for server performance too if the terrain is not being greatly deformed.

Lastly, metorite replacement is also a kind of alert if players are mining in GG, which may also increase PvP.

3 Likes

Good stuff Rexx , anything to change up the current meta. Press the button letā€™s see how this plays out. I for one hope to see more in space gank fleets catching these people coming and going.

This sounds a lot more enjoyable actually, a last man standing type thingā€¦I think State is on to something here. I havent engaged in much PVP or Raiding in 7.X (catching up on resources after a year plus of inactivity), but after reading all the comments and different perspectives Iā€™m less inclined for a ā€œtrial runā€ as Rexx has laid out. I think it may even push new players away from the server if they feel the gold is 100% inaccessible to them, whereas now there are a few hours a day new people or solo factions can slip in and out virtually undetected. Great idea State!

If we want a pvp/pve rotation why not allow surface mining during pvp hours and meteors only during pve

1 Like

some reason i think my point has been missed ,or maybe its just that i am tired lol but
i am mainly saying for Armageddon cause i am constantly hearing and seeing new player that dont have a lot getting wiped and having to fresh start , getting frustrated and leaving the server cause they cant get any gold as they have to come to the planet in a tier 1 ship etc ,so the pve rotatio would give them a chance to actually mine some gold and get a better chance at getting what they need and also the enjoyment of getting gold as we all know we all love the gold

thats why i said to leave the surface the way it is

Make an instance with-in GG , He who controlls the instance forces a playfield wipe.

I have to contradict W.Hammer. A new player can go to a parking position in BH or HWS, fly with a cheap SV down to GG, spawn a HV and get the gold. If our beloved friends from RED or ACP appear in the wrong moment my super battle tank will have the same future as the noob HV : no one.
20 rabid dogs > 1 tiger.

But they are not omnipresent and if you try it early in the morning most likely there is no interference.
The gold crust farming must be dropped from the game, left-click-instant-rich destroys HWS.:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

LOL to be honest before one week ago i did not even know that the crust can be farmed and just went for the meteroids :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If a noob can farm gold without danger then also the veterans will do that if crust farming gives the same gold result as meteroid farming. Why go into PVP and risk something if there is no benefit from that ?

The other way round would be better for performance actually.
But yes, doable with indestructible terrain switches.

Only problem is that during pve player can place bases below the ground so you never ever can reach them during PvP then.

Maybe GG should become indestructible terrain?
Sorry for so many ideas but the tank rush event and the fact that terrain deformation causing you the biggest fps nerfs shows only advantages.

Indestructible terrain also means

• No turret shooting through terrain because for the client it is unchanged but in fact it got drilled so turrets shoot

• On indestructible terrain you can place any structure Max. 3/4 into the ground so any structure can be killed sooner or later

3 Likes

He actually said terrain be destructible (able to mine) during pvp; not pve with the results in your response.

Indestructible terrain preventing burying blocks sounds really useful for pvp though.

I have seen such bases set deep into the ground. Or better ruins of bases. As Rexxus mentioned the part below the bedrock cant be reached while the base owner can use constructors, storage boxes, armor storage and med bay.
So he could store the farmed gold out of reach from anybody and even enter the base through ā€žstore stuff + console destroymeā€œ.

At a closer look : Just disallow bases on GG, problem solved. People can land with a CV if they want a base. You could allow the CV main guns to fire on the planet.
This would give also back some love to the poor CVs. And in case of an attack CVs cant instant warp out of the battle like in space.

1 Like

:chart_with_upwards_trend:
a rain of gold meteors on an undrillable terrain would be big step towards way better FPS / PVP experience, more bandwidth for bullets :boom:

:skull:
Not sure about building a HV from scratch in PVP though, seems like first person to get set up can just pwn everyone ā€¦

:bus: :oncoming_automobile: :taxi: :articulated_lorry:
@RexXxuS if you want a PUBG / Battleground experience, could you spawn like 20 or 40 PREBUILT PUBLIC HVs along with the reset? Then people will rush in to claim a free hover and get mining / fighting, like grabbing a bangbus in PUBG (or a tank, the HVs could all be different). Would it be possible to disable the Recycle command here?

1 Like

The last thing we need is CVā€™s with all their guns being able to fire on planets.

1 Like

Only 6 cannon, 6 minigun that can fire on a planet.

Thatā€™s a lot less than a HV. CVs tanking damage would be an issue though

Meteorites with indestructible terrain is best for performance however, have we resolved the issue of not always being able to 100% mine out a meteor on indestructible terrain. It may gave been resolved or be resolved by the automatic delegation and redrawn of metoerites mechanism.

2 Likes

Very good point, I forgot all about that; thank you for raising it!

Best regards
Wise.

Yes; it is called DespawnTime. After some time the rest of it would despawn and a new one instantly falling down.

That topic is done.

The current discussion result:

1. Armageddon reincarnation. PvP only during prime time. Especially Gold meteorites rain during prime time. Otherwise very rare. Terrain is in PvP indestructible. PvE destructible.

2. Golden Globe is perma indestructible. It just has non stop Gold Meteorite rain.

3. Homeworld, Desertworld, Iceworld, Waterworld and Lavaworld will be the only resource crust planets. Each of them an unique one. Making all of them interesting again.
    Gold as resource crust will be only available as event planet or instance

6 Likes

The current discussion result:

Armageddon reincarnation. PvP only during prime time. Especially Gold meteorites rain during prime time. Otherwise very rare. Terrain is in PvP indestructible. PvE destructible.

Sorry, maybe I am wrong, but to point 1 - if you build a base during PvE period under the ground and cover it with ground with your filling tool, wouldnā€™t it be undestructible during PvP period (maybe except turrets?). But why build turrets when you are in your undestructible base?