New way to play GG?

Yes, this is the problem and would apply. (turrets wouldn’t shoot though I think).

We can make it vise versa and during PvP destructible and PvE indestructible and just accept the performance loss a bit.

1 Like

“PvE indestructible” Is spawning BA blueprints going to be disabled? If we have to spawn or build bases by hand, basically need to design base with all the components above ground. When normally they are all below ground for better protection.

I remember Armageddon turning into “Lagmageddon”.

What made Armageddon interesting is it was a playfield that allowed people time to set up defenses during the day, and then have active PvP at night. Of course, we also had a larger number of other factions at the time, as it is right now we have two larger allied forces and then a bunch of smaller ones.

I think bringing back this type of playfield for 8.0 would be a great idea, though we would have to do the following:

A. Get rid of Anti-Grief on it.
B. No rare resources during PvE
C. It would eliminate the need for a Homeworld planet where all the resources can be found, we could make this that planet. Smaller factions could mine all of the common resources, stock up, build etc… and then during PvP time rarer resources could be found in meteorites (Gold, Zas, Ere)
D. Golden Globe should remain a separate playfield that is PvP all the time for vets. Smaller factions can then you Armageddon as a place to get resources to build their assets and prepare to mine/prep for GG.

By no means should gold be available on a PvE playfield - at least not in abundance. Any playfield where there is an abundance of a rare resource should be 24/7 PvP. I think there needs to be a PvP ‘lite’ playfield and a PvP Heavy Playfield. Rotational planets are great for creating the ‘lite’ playfield.

Sorry, I jumped late into the discussion, as usual, it seems lol.

I agree, Homeworld “home system planets” should be the only ones with resource crust. The only thing about Gold, is if you get rid of the ‘gold crust’ on GG we will need to make sure we balance out the cost of garage ships/ammo etc…, since as gold becomes rarer to get we need to make sure assets that can be purchased are balanced as well, and that of course needs to be tied to your vision Rex.

I disagree, allow CVs mounted weapons to fire in atmo. All we need to do is buff base damage so that if a CV does get to close they are in a real danger of being shredded :slight_smile:

Limit to class size 1 and implement a block count cap for each class size, and suddenly CVs aren’t that big of a threat by themself.

That is ONLY planned and doable for Alpha 8.

It is global ON or OFF. Not doable per playfield.

Kind of possible only in form of Meteorites on the go. Or also deposits with very often surface wipes.

It was the first time I reached my goal to make Homeworld the way to go this season - even though I messed up with Bunkers. This won’t change. Homeworld is my favorite planet and will be polished until perfection :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing against that but the discussion was about making GG indestructible.

I agree because we had this system in HWS 6 here and there and it failed.

Hehe, well… that is a burden for me I guess. You have to realize I was very gorgeous this season with you guys and for you I should make Garage ships cost 30m each :stuck_out_tongue:
But for beginner it’s hard. Will see.

Ranzeth pushing for the offline raiding i see “A. Get rid of Anti-Grief on it.”

A. Get rid of Anti-Grief on it. why?

B. Why get rid of Home world?

C. Golden Globe should remain a separate playfield that is PvP all the time for vets. Lmao Why? non of
us wany golden globe!.

D. I remember Armageddon turning into “Lagmageddon”. how is that diffrent to what we have now on GG?

E. By no means should gold be available on a PvE playfield why?.

F. we will need to make sure we balance out the cost of garage ships/ammo etc, what you need to do is
help rex find a way to stop buying Garage ships and making them a sponge. by just stoping it :slight_smile:

OMG if you wanted proof of Agenda pushing, Depending if you have actualy got any
constructve argumet why you want all this, i would be intrested to see. because how is any of what you have sugested support new players?. Why sould gold be rare for new players unless you like killing new players when they mine for gold lol. if you want PvP next season, if the playfeild is right trust me you will have it on tap
because we will be there 24/7.

Ranzeth agian you talk like you know what the entire server want again, i will let u into a secret you dont!
if you want to help ask Rex to put a servay out so we can all fill it in. then that will give a good
idea of were to go istead of just stamping your foot and spouting what you want.

2 Likes

The issue with surveys is a bit like that with referendums; people just tick a box without necessarily being able to justify their point. Consequently this is why I much-prefer the forums where we get less of a mob mentality and more a case of those who are able to reason their arguments in an impartial and detailed and mostly infallible manner are the more likely ones to be listened to.

Much prefer this kind of flawed but effective meritocratic system than some sort of ‘everyone has an identical say’ mentality with the surveys. Where those who haven’t played for as long as others may accidentally choose something that has already been solved a couple of seasons ago.

Best regards
Wise. :slight_smile:

PS: Try and be less personal in your answers; your post right now comes off as quite agressive, and is somewhat sliding towards the ‘NA friendzone’ territory.

1 Like

Good suggestion, currently CVs are useless due to instant warp to flee from battle. With size 1 CVs on GG this would change because they have to reach open space to warp.
Such a size 1 CV with main weapons active in the atmosphere would be a threat to deal with but on the other hand maybe a victim to a bunch of SV/HV suddenly attacking.
Would bring more fun to PVP.

CVs on planet is really bad due to performance. It’s basically like a lag-inducing HV on steroids. And just completely destroys playfields. Trust me; we’ve done the whole ‘CV attacks base on planet’ idea before and it was awful, even when it worked. CVs were never even meant to be flown around on planets back during the Alpha but the devs sorta gave up on that front. I don’t mind one or two flying around in the PVE hours but during PVP they should not be allowed anywhere near Arma.

Best regards
Wise.

CVs were removed from PVP heavy planets for a reason. All you need is a class 1 mega sponge to tank bases. CVs are now more used for bringing ships in and out of Golden Globe and Homeworld. Keeping CVs out of heavy PVP planets needs to stay as is no doubt.

1 Like

Because at its core the pvp in this game is a battle for resources. Gold is the top luxury resource. If you can just get it in pve it might as well just be a pve server with one consensual pvp playfield.

2 Likes

If this is true, for what purpose should i buy the GRAND-TIE from the garage ? 30 million for just an over expensive museum piece without any use ?

Please give a meaning again to CVs and follow our suggestion !

CVs literally lag the living heck out of a playfield. To the point where it can even have the potential for a SERVER-side crash. Hopefully now that CV fighting has a better reputation than 6 we’ll see more flashpoints next season; especiallly if asteroids have become much more feasible and fast to mine; then BH could actually find meaning again :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

PS: I’m off to bed now so g’night all and i’ll reply to replies in ze morning! :slight_smile:

A. Get rid of Anti-Grief, or change it. The main issue with anti-grief is that the ‘winners’ have to spend 30 minutes digging out the base core of a destroyed base. It’s a huge waste of time, and doesn’t add to the pvp experience.

It would be great if there was a way we could instantly take a base that has been completely disarmed and has no active defenders left. That way no one has to stay up until 3am digging out base cores of GRG Decoy bases.

All of ACP/TAW/HPG hate doing it, and I am sure so do our enemies. I don’t hate GRG for making them, it is clever of them, but having to dig out base cores isn’t fun PvP.

B. Getting rid of the Homeworld Planet is in context of the upcoming universe changes. Rather than one planet having all resources, they should be spread out amongst multiple planets.

C. Who “are us”? Can you get quotes from all of them saying they do not want a Gold Planet? All vet players who have been on this planet since HWS has had a Gold Planet can vouch that it encourages PvP and we enjoy PvP. @TacoIsland @TheRaven @mcprouty @Supreme_Admiral Can you guys verify this? Confirm with other vets? @Robodroner

D. Were you here for Armageddon? GG can get pretty damn laggy, but that’s only when we have 30 players on ‘one chunk’. When Armageddon was here the playfield itself would reach crash for everyone, and NO ONE could login until Rex or someone else restarted the playfield.

E. IMO @RexXxuS feel free to disagree with me if you want. I think every multi-player game should have some form of end game content that people fight over and create PvP.

F. I have suggested on every forum post that it is relevant that class sizes should have a max block count. That way people can’t make HV/SV into sponge ships.

Anything else?

What if the following was implemented?

A. Could CVs have an extremely high power usage on planets? That way you bring it down and you try to use it as a ‘sponge tank’ you have to feed 999 fusion cells to it like candy?

B. Increase damage to CVs so that they can’t tank as well as they used too.

C. Cannon/MIni-Gun Turret firing rates have been nerfed, so they don’t create as much lag as they used too.

1 Like

Honestly I prefer that there are no CVs on planet, we just need to find ways to encourage space combat instead of just planetside combat.

I personally don’t like the idea of having any amount of time for PvE on GG because it will allow so much building and setup prior to fights that the field will literally play itself as most people will be running on 1 FPS until they die and have to respawn. Sure it’s a nice idea to allow people to build up, but the same is accomplished with OLP and people just being in their own faction until their base is actually ready for combat.

I guess the advantage is you can see if someone is trying to camp you where with OLP you only find out because you get attacked the second you go online lol.

<3 Just shoot through the ground as usual, shouldn’t take long tbh. Not unless your telling me the digging is being done by HVs.

I haven’t been around for those 3am dig fests, but my understanding it is HVs doing it.

Why do you think you have to dig them up? This is a dumb thing to waste time doing. GRG has to delete them anyways to stay under BA cap.

I want to keep GG PvP only 24/7. I just don’t want OLP there or 10 bases per faction, maybe 4 max?

I agree with this