OCD Helper utility thingy

@Hayawen It seems like the button to open OCD Helper, shows pretty much everywhere, and not just in Orbital Cargo Drone. For example Player Info, and Support Us.

@Dr.Dark thank you mate, found and fixed the bug, may take around 60mins or so for google to update the extension on their servers

3 Likes

May I suggest that web app shouldn’t interact directly with Empyrion or your database, but only through REST API? This way you could open source it as there wouldn’t be anything sensitive in it and other people like @Hayawen could contribute much easier :slight_smile:

As for technology I’m not frontend developer myself, but I’d suggest making it in modern and popular framework like Angular, Vue or React. This way more people should be able to help. On the other hand you should also feel comfortable with it :slight_smile:

hey there,

from what I could gather, the site is pretty much packaged neatly into a webapp, all the code for it is in a minified js file which you could easily reference like I did…
the site interacts with their PHP backend through http post/get commands, which can very much be considered API themselves…
switching to a new framework would be quite a bit of work which I don’t think they have time for now… Muuri on the other hand is just a small add-on like jqueryui but less bloated… had I used it in the extension instead of jqueryui, rex would’ve probably been able to integrate the code directly into his app… (will try to that over the weekend :slight_smile:)
as far as I know, the REST API will just allow people to query/send commands from their own PC / server (and on behalf of other users by using special shared keys)… so as Dr Dark pointed out earlier, that excel tool could be made into a website and it would be able to query user info without having to insert them manually…

1 Like

Btw like i said i’m not advanced. How would API’s be made? Will i need to learn to program to make my excel, into an API?

@Hayawen found another bug ;D

If you click on the OCD Helper button twice, so it comes, and disapeared, the patreon filter appears. You can’t use it though, but it shows

1 Like

API is something Rex has to do, what other people could do are things that use it, in simple case of your excel that would be a website which would connect to HWS API.

Just like on this graphic:

As for learning programming the answer is yes, but only in very limited scope - basic Javascript should be enough.

2 Likes

This looks like classic MVC app, REST API is something different - only actual data is send in JSON format, not views.

As far as I understand Rex intentions he wants to rewrite HWS Connect from scratch so it doesn’t make much difference, although it depends on what they know and feel comfortable with.

Yes, that is the primary function of REST API, but if HWS Connect frontend is separated from backend and all requests go through REST API then it could be open sourced

@Dr.Dark fixed :smiley:

1 Like

true, I only said they can be considered as kind of API :slight_smile:

if that is indeed the case, then agreed as well…
I would choose Vue.js myself :wink:

Eh well, that would take me a year or so.
But it will be a major rework indeed. Have to see…

Vue.js, Angular, React, etc. … I tried to look into it couple of times by now but it would indeed means a complete rewrite of my code. I’m not that familiar with these frameworks either.
Every time I tried to get an easy answer to “how to transmit sensitive data over Javascript” I failed.
In PHP I have my hash salt key, FTP password etc. but in javascript every kid could extract such information. As I said, I’m not familiar with nodejs / backend JS things yet.

So everything you see is built with PHP, Jquery and common HTML5/CSS3. No fancy framework used. Everything from scratch.

More infos at a given time.
I’m already burned out and probably need a rest after the HWS 9.X start.

dm me when u have a rested (a few months from now? :slight_smile:) l can walk you through alot of this, it’s alot easier than it sounds… just ur lack of experience in this field makes it look much harder than it really is…
as for transfering sensitive data over JavaScript, what exactly do you mean? you already do that now with XHR calls … which are basically plain http post/gets … session key should be sent in html header (PHP session_start takes care of that either with cookies if enabled or by adding the key to the urls if cookies are disabled)

1 Like

You couldn’t find an answer because that’s not the thing you should do, frontend javascript app should only get information which user has access to.

You keep all sensitive things in your backend REST API

When user enters your website he’ll download web app which won’t have any sensitive information, in order for app to get user information, for example OCD content it would send authenticated requests to your REST API.

You did a lot of work on season 9X so rest is well deserved :slight_smile: After that I’d suggest that you start with REST API, you can do it in PHP if you feel most comfortable with it, there is no need to learn Node.js or any other backend js technology.

1 Like

it is a little inconvenient to use OCD of big levels , it is possible to change it, replacement of cells works only for patreon ? and the rest I like

Hi @Konstantin,

thank you for reporting this, in fact it’s been bothering me too but i was a bit too lazy to update the code for it… i have modified it by limiting the height and adding a scrollbar, please let me know if this is better (if not, i welcome suggestions :D)
non patrons can swap items (just drag and drop icons over each other), however the timer between each swap when you apply will be 10sec ( for patrons it goes lower by level)
i just posted the update, so it should be up in an hour or so!

cheers!

Hi, I can also suggest making a satchel window not horizontal but vertical and register 35-40 cells in it, this is more than enough, I don’t like the standard window in the game, it’s too big, you have to put things into slots for weapons

I tried to conduct experiments, but unfortunately I am not a programmer; )

ah, well i tried to keep the width small so that it fits on smaller screens… i will look into adding a configuration window where you can specify how many column you want :smiley:

Added a configuration page where you can set the number of columns! let me know if it works like you were saying :slight_smile:

did not see any changes in the program, and what will happen if you apply this command (screenshot) - all unnecessary disappear ? will only the first position be added ? need to do protection from stupid people, promoted lots in jetpack commensurate with size of stack - 1000 , 500 , 300, 200, 100 , 50 , 1 and limit the number of cells to 40 . Can add command CTRL + left mouse click-add stack to knapsack, CTRL + right mouse click-add half stack ? so it will be even easier