OCD: Lets Discuss

What is your issue ? Noone complains to much when changes are made to the OCD.

Hacking and stuff was a bit to much only. But OCD is a great tool for everyone ?

BTW How many hours do you have in this game ?

@Alandauron - firstly, just going to say I feel it should be fine for anyone to raise a topic for discussion and you should not be “shot down” personally for doing so - indeed it is good to see so much discussion on the forum.

However:wink: … on the subject of the debate, I would be very careful in a similar way to @SwissSteel1 mentioned about making changes to OCD. That said I agree that the current meta for OCD is not (and should never be) set in stone.

One suggestion that I see has come into this thread is the idea to nerf OCD storage of AM cores or extension to allow lower OCD levels some access to cores. I see a lot of merit (and yes some pain) in this one change. You actually do not need many AM cores to keep the OAM’s running, and they are generally straight forward to get from a few POI’s, or buy them from traders etc. Currently I have more in storage than I will ever need, and only a fraction of what others I know have stored. This now causing is a real direct devaluing to POI’s raids (as was being able to craft EPICs/Enhanced) and also a lowering of the player market “going rate” for cores. Given the greatly increased level of content of POI’s/missions etc this season - this adds further to the overall economic imbalance of the gameplay.

So a limited focus on AM Cores (and EPIC/Enhanced as previously discussed in other posts) in the OCD would be something I would be open to debate on.

• Just a personal opinion on the subject under discussion!

Personally I wouldn’t target AM cores in terms of the OCD; as for new players in particular it can be a rather gruelling affair; in regards to POIs or financially to accumulate a reasonable level of AM cores to keep their AMs cored. And there will always be a small number of people who store AM cores in excess, but that is their right as-per the OCD.

If i’d target anything in the OCD i’d target epics and their ability to be crafted like your mentioned; therefore rendering their prices higher as they become more limited. If this happens sooner-rather than later then hopefully we’ll see a true-to-god regeneration of Epic weapons prices on the marketplace.

I choose epics over cores to be nerfed as epics are more of a choice and have less of an impact if you do not have one, unlike an AM which is often a noob’s main source of income.

Best regards
Wise.

So this is where a conversation can actually be beneficial, so forgive my previous hyperbole in assuming you were yet another new person trying to “level the playing field”. though to be fair I drew this assumption not only from seeing so many people suggest just that over the time I have been on HWS, but from your own phrasing:

and

No one I think has ever said Rex cant do that. Or anything really. They may argue against it, or provide counter examples or other ideas, but at the end of the day, if Rex just shut down the server for literally no reason and just took a nap and went back to real life stuff, I dont think anyone here could really blame him.
But the awesome thing is that he doesnt. And that is why this server has turned into a full community, all centered around the dedication of a small group of people.

Onto the OCD thing. I think it would be awesome to see more interaction, modularity, etc with the OCD. As long as it is well thought out, and comes as an addition to the existing nature of the OCD. Alot of great ideas here, similar to my comment originally that Id like to see more granularity and small addons as purchasable features. Something like this:

• OCD1-5: as is. No change.
  • Purchase 1 additional slot that lasts through exactly one wipe: 2 million credits
  • Purchase 1 slot with ocd 4 rules (no gold, am cores, etc) that can be accessed in pvp with cooldowns: 4 million.
  • Purchase 1 slot that will auto pull to your inventory’s 1st slot if enabled, and the slot is empty (aka magic
    bullet pouch): 10 million
  • Purchase 1 slot for free that can be used in PVP, but if someone kills you twice in a row, it gets transfered to them immediately.
  • Purchase 1 slot that is shared between EU and NA.
  • Other special slots, there are loads of ideas that can work for this.
  • Max of 10 “bonus slots”
    Basically kinda like an expansion pack for your OCD, so you can customize it to how YOU use it.
  • OCD 7 as is becomes OCD 10 at same cost, and perhaps some more capacity benefits.
  • OCD 7-9 now have scaled cost, and capacity that increases each time, so that 10 is about double the size of 5, spread along this spectrum.
5 Likes

A lot of good ideas from someone that’s never on anymore!

2 Likes

Most of people I talk to are not going to buy OCD7 or even try to as is due to the insane cost and only a modest 40% increase to storage.

You want to talk about pulling down from OCD? The limits even for the two people with OCD7 on NA are high, very high. Something to the tune of once an hour or every 15 minutes depending on faction. I didn’t/don’t think a discussion on something that effects two people worth it.

I said some people get mad. Not me. I was referring to your comment on ‘those people’ getting defensive.

As others have pointed out you are still very green and are doing the types of things the rest of are. How many types of base ammo are there? How much ammo do you need for 1 CV with 18 large ammo boxes in it? In a single battle I will go through 3 heavy tanks (Now probably 5 medium tanks) how much ammo do they need? Probably two SV’s per battle and all the ammo for them as well. Play the game some more, play with the big factions, see things from that point of view. I have been in the single player point of view and from that stance OCD5 is insanely large. But once you get in major war fare? you burn through resources. Like I said on a different post, I use between 30 and 70% of my OCD6 in the first three weeks of the server fighting with my faction for territory.

In my on opinion, and that of a few others, either the cost of 7 should come down a touch or maybe the storage increase go up a touch etc. I don’t feel that PVP OCD should ever be a thing aside from ocd:put. because IF enough people ever do get OCD7 and they can pull down in PVP. The advantage to standing a fighting is too large.

I think you are really onto something here McProuty.

Been thinking further on this, I wonder if it is possible, to have OCD limits by item and not just slot (it would probably require some clever coding).

So that the rare items have a lower per slot storage limit (Epics/Enhanced, AM Cores, Alien Cores etc) than common items (Mats, compenents etc).

This would then, whilst allowing them to be stored at higher OCD level, still mean that they would be harder (but not impossible) to stack vast amounts of - making your choices important. (for example if AM cores had a 50 stack per OCD slot limit at level OCD 6 - you ether keep your cores down to below 50 or start using multiple slots to keep more of them stored).

1 Like

Short answer, yes.

I’m a programmer myself and I know that it can be done to have a slot be limited in value to a max number of 50 or some other lower/higher value depending on the type of object placed in it if that’s what the intended goal is.

What’s your definition of green?

Cause as I see it I have a good deal of experience both in games like this, in Empyrion in general, and in large scale battles in Empyrion, and in crunching numbers. I know very well that you can burn through all those OCD slots if you’re a solo player going up against a faction and have stated that part of the appeal of factions is to share the burden of resource grind and the like.

You really don’t seem to know much about me or care to try to give me any credit at all and just want to try and assume that I know nothing so that you can hold on to this claim that I know nothing like John Snow so that you can just disregard anything I say.

Depends, what type of weapons are you using? What’s the fire rate for those weapons and the reload speed on them? Are you maxing out all the turrets on this CV or is this a small CV with minimal turrets? You’re not giving me all the information I need to answer this question properly. But that’s not the point is it, cause there’s not an appropriate or correct answer. In Empyrion you make a ton of ammo, fill up the boxes with as much as you think you need and then either have some left over or run out and go back to base and resupply.

Maybe this is something that can be discussed later on, I’m trying to open up discussion on OCDs in general. Let Rex start playing around with the content and add in hacking along with some other changes, but in a way that is controlled so that we don’t see years of hard work just gone in the blink of an eye and maybe he’ll also be open to some changes in the prices of OCD levels as well with the new addition of risk.

Consider it forgotten, I only mentioned that as more of a way to show that I’m also not getting what I want yet am still ok with open discussion, I can see how it can be taken the way you saw it though. I don’t have a ton of time right now but I will respond later, really like your ideas!

Any sense. I wish to bring back old capacity of OCD… Dat new limit create a lot of problems for me.

1 Like

Love the idea! This i could defo accept and i believe it would be an easier ‘sell’ to the wider community.

However i’d raise the limits a bit. e.g:

All examples are for OCD 6

Common (Ores/ingots) 60,000
Uncommon (AM cores, Gennies, Constructors) 6-10,000 (somewhere between 6000 and 10000.)
Rare (Epics, Armour parts, Xeno cores, XL thrusters and such) 600-1000 (somewhere between 600 and 1000.

For the sake of argument one could also put AM cores in rares, i’d be fine with that also! (as 6k is a bit excessive tbh!) :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise.

Have you tried paying someone with OCD 6 to carry the cores over for you? Its easier than you might think.

1 Like

For the sake of discussion can someone spell out for me what the old capacity was?

The reason why everyone shuts down changes to OCD is because quite simply, it’s the one thing papa rexxxus doesn’t need to change. It’s perfect as it is. It’s also the singular reason I stick around on HWS, and removing/nerfing it would make alot of us leave.

1 Like

When you’re talking about the upcoming changes of having to build in PvP zones instead of being able to spawn BPs then access to OCDs in those zones could end up being very beneficial yet at the same time not overly powerful if properly balanced. I personally see no problem with discussion on how to balance around that and what sort of limitations could make it a welcome addition. Add in the possibility of those select slots being hacked and you’ll have many people that still opt out and only bring in what they’re willing to lose on their person thinking it’s more secure there.

Either way you’ll have a risk/reward scale to consider. put some extra backup materials into your low orbit OCD so that if you do go down quicker than you planned you can get back in it but at the risk of the enemy hacking and getting ahold of those items or just carry it on your person and having it at risk that way?

Do you put that gold you just mined into your low orbit OCD and fight or do you try to fly out right now with your precious cargo in tow? Did you already use your one transfer for this 30-minute interval…how long before you can transfer your gold to the security of high orbit?

Options for players to consider is all I’m suggesting here. The game/meta is still under development.

I love the idea of specialty slots, can’t think of any personally but I guess my mindset isn’t there at present. So you think OCD should run up to OCD level 10 instead of stopping at 7 and have a more gradual increase with 10 being more similar to what 7 currently is?

I disagree, there now we’ve established that there’s a different side to this discussion.

No one is asking for this, please read the suggestions/discussion before assuming that.

This is why he calls you green. This question proves that you have never been in a CV battle. CV + PvP always equals all guns possible.