[Only for veterans] OCD normalizer

I stopped playing on this pseudo-friendly server. But I’m very happy with the forum!!! I’m glad I made the right decision). Admin can to change pay rules retroactively, insulting players who object to it)))) I’ll be your guest with popcorn))) Bravo Rex

1 Like

I’ve been playing on HWS since 2.0 and remember the hard grind of hand mining resources but that is all in the past and it’s time to let go of some of my hard work.
In truth many of the vets that are still playing will never use the large quantity of ore we have stored, is it going to affect our game play “No not at all ”we will still have loads of ore and materials and we have had a year to eat away at our vast stores as well as plenty of time before 9.0 to make components, trade or do nothing and receive a playout.
For this RexXxus has my full support

4 Likes

Just to make extra sure: The OCD normalization will NOT happen with the server swap at November 30, but at the end of the season 8 i.e. what could be months away … right!!!

I’m using this as a reference: " … Anyways, with HWS 9 we make that nerf “complete” …"

1 Like

I completely agree with @BigRed. I have had 1.5 million iron ore and large numbers of other ores in my OCD since season 5, and I have never used them. I can usually mine more than enough for my use during a season, and I use little of the ores I have in storage. The thing I use most from my OCD is ammunition and I don’t have vast amounts of that, so it does not affect me in terms of resources. I shall make more ammo and devices with some of my excess, but the rest will give me some credits and RP.

4 Likes

No one is erasing anything. What is happening is the server is purchasing your stuff from you ONLY IF you have more than 70,000 in that slot, AND only until it reaches 70,000.

If you don’t want your things purchased from you then you need to do the work right now and split it into smaller stacks. Problem solved. Everyone gets the same amount of warning.

Edit
70k if OCD 7. 60k if OCD 6. Etc.

2 Likes

hey guys… i like the change of this, and yes it makes sence, we all know that everything is subject to change, always has been, rules are adapted to situations, and remember it is alpha game.

Rex and Jasch are always looking to enhance the gameplay / forum, so yes there will be changes along the way.

4 Likes

1 Like

What is a troll?

Trollololllollllloolollolollol…

Well, 70,000 at OCD 7, 60,000 with OCD 6, etc…

Yeah I know. I should have specified it so as to not confuse people.

I added an edit, thanks for pointing it out.

I figured as much. But if you don’t spell it out in bright crayons some ppl won’t read it correctly.

I must agree to what he wrote. Removing resources from all players will punish and hurt the most players that spend loots of time and actually play on the server.
There is something else that could be done.

I notices over seasons that it is way to easy to get resources by doing nothing.
HWS Orbital Auto Miners are cool feature but I think it have to be modify to be fear with players that actually spent time and mine resources not just wait for it and play few minutes a day or even less.

I suggest to add script that will check for player activity on server and only then keep orbital auto miner to harvest resources. Basically those virtual mines will work only during players presence.

That will mean no more living server for weeks and coming back getting all resources for free without even playing a minute. Will it be fair then ?

The “Orbital Auto Miner” feature uses “Auto Miner Cores” as fuel (they used to run on pentaxid, oh happy days!) and you only get 1 free AM Core per week (or is it 4?). One AM Core lasts for 3 days, so If you want to keep all [12] miners running to for one week that’s 36 AM cores and to get those you need to raid POI’s or spend credits on the market.

Nothing is free, no change needed i.m.o.

P.S. “fear” means “to be afraid”, “fair” = means “there is justice” D.S.

1 Like

Splitting 700000 (the old max for a slot) into the max for a lvl 6 OCD means it will use up 12 slots instead of 1 (and that’s assuming i have 11 free slots) . Help me do the math please, how many slots will i need for my 4,8 million iron? (Don’t bother, It’s a rhetorical question …)

Not even gonna go into the other metals i have hoarded, but suffice to say my reserves will be smaller after patch day.

I’ll probably spend some time manufacturing complex items in stacks of 60000 until then, and i still think the OCD nerf is needed. Im just happy we got some warning and time to deal with it.

1 Like

Once you have enough money in the bank for interest you don’t need to do anything you just buy auto miner cores fuel AM’s and wait for resources, to easy. You don’t have to play or be on the server at all. It is almost like for free. Sorry it is way to easy and not fair i.m.o.

Remember that the reason we have 700K resources in one slot is that this was the limmit before the nerf! After the nefr, they have never been filled, only emptied after use. I have 2 of those slots with almost 700K, but never used from them… I Expected like all of us to loose this after the first big nerfing, but it never happened. Ofc, it is sad to see them go, but at the same time, 20 slots of 60k iron silicon etc should keep me running for some seasons without the need to harvest anything if i choose to!

Hehehe. Oops. Looks like that screenshot was from my ocd…

For the people who say all you need to do is shuffle some stuff around, thank you. That made me laugh

1 Like

This is a nice change.
For people complaining about oam, please consider that traders + interest can easily generate insane amount of resources compared to oam. So if you want to reduce passive resource income oam is not your biggest problem by far.

2 Likes

Well Said!