Op4 Alliance 6.0 & beyond

I’m logging in right now!! :sweat_smile:

We have pretty good command and control over Op4 alliance forces. This ensures our ability
to defend the warzone planet. If invading forces cant coordinate their efforts to prevent them
from griefing each other that is on them.

Just saying: This was one of the fun little HV ideas they decided to try against us. Ill give em props for trying something new, it beats the hell out of when the diamond cubes were the only thing they flew, but the server has been very clear on disconnected turrets not being allowed.

To be clear here, I am not reporting it, its just another instance of wierd stuff we frequently see op4 and friends doing. Wouldnt have even brought it up, had it not been for the comments like:[quote=“krazzykid2006, post:16, topic:5185, full:true”]
If your are going to accuse someone you HAVE to show proof. If you don’t, you will probably end up in jail or banned.

I would post your proof now if I were you
[/quote]
and

what server is op4 on you did not mention this na or eu?

They are on NA

Oh crap did you get a tag, no you didn’t? Those were not our HV’s. They were a ally’s of ours but were not ours. I told my guys not to spawn anything like that and they didn’t. I was there the entire time. Try again Mcprouty.

@mcprouty

You can hear the guy in your stream call out the tag but yet you still post on here because you couldn’t help yourself.

Wildly disruptive to the original topic and not really adding value, McP. that seemed like a fairly petty taunt to stir shit that was dead. I’d have expected more.

Mattcore (and others) have shown interest in the OP and asked to keep us on topic – if you guys really feel its necessary to keep stirring shit and whatnot, could you do it in a separate post and stop being disruptive?

This is a topic created by a group you clearly feel strongly about – But the POST itself is not about them. Please stop hijacking the post, if that is not too much to ask for the rest of us.

2 Likes

The Point of the Topic is adding value to the server by having stuff to do other then staring at a constructor or farming lame AI POIs . Matt is floating an Idea to add value and fun to the server.
It too bad that some players seem not to be able to add value to the post or add and new ideas for the server to add for the players.
It seems that Getto and McProuty should be more constructive in their posts if they are really interested in building a better gaming community on this server.

-Grim

3 Likes

I joined HWS about a month ago. Great server, great community. While there may be some history and bad blood, it does make things entertaining. Tough post to follow lol, but I’ll go back to the original premise and give my two cents…

I think the idea of the most powerful factions not raiding origin planets is a great idea. As a new player to the server, the user experience is a bit of a cliff moving from starter to origin PVP. It would be helpful I think to the newer players if there is that “PVP training ground” with bigger factions aligned to the origins keeping peace and maintaining balance on their respective origin planets as shepherds to the noobs. Origin planets could be used for discovering origin alliances that work and building trust within the origin. Then as we new players establish our alliances, learn, and grow stronger, we can move off origins, make a home in PVE for safety if that’s our gig or go to BH, Arma, or HW for Gold and action. Maybe even go to a new instanced event zone to join our new allies in fighting and creating our own server drama :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I have no suggestions on how to enforce any of the suggestions in the original post and realize the honor system in video gaming communities is a bit dicey. I am, however, thankful to see more powerful factions considering how to make the noob experience more fulfilling on the server.

2 Likes

Good feedback, Validus! That i think is what he’s trying to aim for - Noobs turning into vets. :slight_smile:

Also, This.

1 Like

Ok let me take a step back, since everyone decided to jump on my post as if I were spreading drama.
Not my intent, only to point out that it is not that farfetched that op4 and friends would be using cheesy tactics in combat, stuff like dropping a cv on armageddon to get claimed by hws (because cv’s are not allowed) and act as a shield to their base. Not really against the rules, but shady nonetheless. But that is not my point, only an elaboration. My point is that this is a peculiar post, one claiming to be in the best interest of the server, but in fact an open declaration that they will continue to use…“creative gameplay” to attack their enemies on planets they are not supposed to be allied to. Its great to say that you wont be travelling to other origin planets anymore and beating up on noobs, but how about not doing it in the first place? Or not making the caveat that you will in fact still go there to attack your enemies. This in fact turns your ever so generous gesture into a thinly veiled threat: Ally with us and comply, or we will come to your origin planet where you are allied with every faction around, and where we shouldnt be allowed, and kill you anyways. Lest someone claim that I am making statements without proof:

Here one of your representatives proudly names your members, and states that you will still go to origin planets where you do not belong, and attack them. That brings up another matter. You say ZC is among you, and that is all well and good. You say you have superior command and control over your members. Thats good. But then when someone says, hey, something goofy happened here, you say oh that is zc, that isnt me.
Consistancy is a virtue.

But allllll of this is only partially relevant to the original post. And this is where my point comes. As perceptive individuals, I am sure you are well aware that I have personally put a LOT of effort into making an event planet that is already confirmed for 6.0, nearly a month ago, and welcomed suggestions to make it more engaging. I meant every word of it. To then come out along side your ever so gracious statement that you would not be killing noobs on their own origin planets anymore, you then announce a pvp even planet, open to all, on a planet you dont even own yet. I, as always, would love for this little feud of yours to be done with, and allow me to go back to actually working towards the goals of my factions without worrying about a rogue hunter faction hunting us down every day. But I go along with your insults, and your invented blood feud, because it gives both of our people something to do. But your persistent attempts try to drag my name through the mud, and turn public opinion against me, when literally all I really want to do is play the game, help new people, and protect fellow traders, is getting tiresome. And now to try and hijack my idea from 4.0 of a planet where players can come for a little friendly competition, and pvp away from their precious supplies, and to claim that my disappointment is irrelevant to the original post? This is garbage, and you know it. Do not bother continued trash talk, you will not get another response from me, I have no interest in a poop slinging fight. But I cannot stand idly by while half truths and propaganda are being so eagerly eaten up by good people.

Grimlore, I would love to. I really would. But no matter what I say, it is twisted and turned into something that it was not intended. So I try to be brief. But this post itself is not constructive. It is a jab at my factions goals, and an attempt to hijack them as their own. If they really wanted to help new people, they would not have raided origin planets in the first place.

1 Like

McP he was very clear.

We wont attack origin planets but if a veteran faction uses them as a staging point to attack us.
We will go there and retaliate against them.

I really don’t see how you could interpret this any other way. Therefore you must be here
simply to troll this topic and advertise for your planet.

I am not trolling. We are both in agreement, we all now see that is what you mean. It is not what was originally said though. [quote=“Mattcore37k, post:1, topic:5185”]
As a result the Op4 Alliance will no longer invade origin planets. This will carry over into 6.0
I hope we can count on other veterans to do the same. This will allow new players to get
established.
[/quote]

This sentence claims that you will not raid origin planets. Your additional statement off of this topic that you would in fact raid origin planets if the target is an enemy is what I wanted to highlight. If you had said it yourself, I wouldnt have had to. But I did not want people to read this topic and think that you had in fact turned over a new leaf and would stop your methods when you clearly are not. Thank you.

Looks like Mcprouty is determined to Spam rather than stay on topic.

Pointless to continue at this point.

ADDED (Edited the Title, watch how quick this topic gets closed now.)

Let me babysit once again and clear some things:

First of all you don’t know what layout is to expect in 6.0. Imagine there will be only one planet… or no origin planets anymore… or or.
Making “promises” into the unknown is tricky.

So fact is that the origin planets will become different to play. Good for noobs and pros. Everything else is up to you.

Regarding hack, exploit accusations I tested and looked into a lot of them. Some were worth to report to Eleon, some not or are just labeled as “alpha” but everyone got his punishment more or less.

About donator planets: they are limited and will be explained once again before the release. After this announcement I can only tell if planets are available at all (people need to come back to me and tell if their current ones should be active in 6.0).

Till now I was not enforced to think about a complete dominance of one faction + alliances (even if this here is not true). As soon as we might experience a “Pacman” style we will step in. But 6.0 will help in that issue anyways.

With all that said I close this topic indeed and expect this to re-open when 6.0 is released since the point is clear that you want to help - everything else will tell the future.

Nevertheless I appreciate helping noobs over just destroying them at the beginning.

3 Likes